The Official Black Sabbath '13'/Tour Thread

bran

3 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I agree that they won't tour again, but I don't think they've played their last ever show.

2005 was by and large better than anything in the current reunion era IMO. Setlists were maybe a little better this tour, but the performances were far better in 2005. As far as setlists go though, the Birmingham 2012 shows is, bar none, the best Ozzy-era Sabbath setlist ever played. 

I saw the band in 2005, 2014, and 2016. 2005 was the best show, 2014 was the worst, and 2016 was somewhere in the middle. 

I only saw them in 05 and it was great. I was worried as hell about how Ozzy would sound but the old guy went above and beyond what I was expecting. Glad I got to see them, great show. Iommi jumped way up in my book after that show. He's a boss.

Did you see them at Ozzfest 05? It was a damn good lineup.

Edited by J Dog

2 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I agree that they won't tour again, but I don't think they've played their last ever show.

2005 was by and large better than anything in the current reunion era IMO. Setlists were maybe a little better this tour, but the performances were far better in 2005. As far as setlists go though, the Birmingham 2012 shows is, bar none, the best Ozzy-era Sabbath setlist ever played. 

I saw the band in 2005, 2014, and 2016. 2005 was the best show, 2014 was the worst, and 2016 was somewhere in the middle. 

I've seen them numerous times through the years maybe the night you went they were just off or the show I went for the 13 tour (la sports arena )they were just on point because that show was one of the best concerts I've ever been to.The last tour I like many thought was a bit short of a show .Think they only played 13 songs and barely for an hour and a half but sounded pretty good nonetheless 

1 hour ago, gt72 said:

I've seen them numerous times through the years maybe the night you went they were just off or the show I went for the 13 tour (la sports arena )they were just on point because that show was one of the best concerts I've ever been to.The last tour I like many thought was a bit short of a show .Think they only played 13 songs and barely for an hour and a half but sounded pretty good nonetheless 

I mean, I know the 2014 show was an off-show. It was the Hyde Park gig, last night of the 13 tour, it was a festival so they only play about 65 mins, it was cold and raining, and I didn't even really want to be there because it got announced after I'd got tickets that Anthrax was doing a second set at Sonisphere that night doing Among The Living in it's entirety. So yeah :lol:

The 2016 show was while Ozzy was still getting over being sick. I'll give credit where credit is due - he really tried. And he sounded good for some of it, but some of it was atrocious. 

I'm just bummed I never got to see Under The Sun live :( 

That's bullshit,we have heard lot of times that this time it's the end,the last tour,the last album,the last concert,but brand name is still powerfull and sells.They should stop now,but as iommi said nothing is sure and may they will do some concerts here and there.

Edited by Majestic Beast

Speaking to the U.K. radio station Planet Rock, Iommi said: "I'm going to miss playing on stage because that has been my whole life, the band and playing on stage. I like [playing on stage] and I'm sure it's not going to end like that; I'm sure we might do a one-off show somewhere.

"It's just the touring for me — it's time to stop roaming the world and be at home for a bit... I'm still going to write and put stuff out."

Asked if SABBATH's recording days are truly over, Tony said: "No, I don't think we've ruled anything out apart from me not wanting to tour any more on that scale, but who knows, we may do something. We haven't spoken about it. That's another thing — we haven't talked about anything, really, that's to do with what's going to happen afterwards. But I'm sure something can happen somewhere."

18 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

They'll reunite. The cash is too big, and besides, it is an old con that now, the whole ''farewell'' followed by ''re-reunion'' shtick. Kiss have done it a number of times.

Yeah it turns out to be true

They literally said at the beginning of this tour that it's just the end of them touring. It's been posted in this thread multiple times since then. If they actually tour again in any capacity, I'll be extremely surprised. But they've said plenty of times over the last year that it's the end of them touring, but they haven't ruled out a one off show or anything if the opportunity arises.

As far as them making more music, I find that to be even less likely.

9 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

They literally said at the beginning of this tour that it's just the end of them touring. It's been posted in this thread multiple times since then. If they actually tour again in any capacity, I'll be extremely surprised. But they've said plenty of times over the last year that it's the end of them touring, but they haven't ruled out a one off show or anything if the opportunity arises.

As far as them making more music, I find that to be even less likely.

I hope you're right. I don't need another 13.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

I thought 13 and The End EP were decent. Good ways to end things on imo

I thought every track on The End was better than anything on 13. If that's the last studio tracks we ever get from Sabbath, I'm happy.

50 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

I hate you.

My mission is complete. 

But I know you can't stay mad at me

:hug:

1 hour ago, Silent Jay said:

13 was a stronger Sabbath album than The Devil You Know. There are some truly great tracks on 13: Methademic, God Is Dead, Age Of Reason, Damaged Soul, Dear Father

Strongly disagree, and I'm more of an Ozzy guy.

TDYK has at least two songs that are as good as anything that lineup had done before, songs that stood up to the back catalogue...and the album went in it's own direction.

13 on the other hand...honestly, just about every song just blatantly sounds like one of the old classic ones, but nowhere near as good...and the EP is a real drop off in quality from the album IMO.

No way 13/the End stands up there with the eight 70's albums, no fucking way.

I wish they had never done the album.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DR DOOM said:

Strongly disagree, and I'm more of an Ozzy guy.

TDYK has at least two songs that are as good as anything that lineup had done before, songs that stood up to the back catalogue...and the album went in it's own direction.

13 on the other hand...honestly, just about every song just blatantly sounds like one of the old classic ones, but nowhere near as good...and the EP is a real drop off in quality from the album IMO.

No way 13/the End stands up there with the eight 70's albums, no fucking way.

I wish they had never done the album.

And I'm more of a Dio guy.

I agree that 13 doesn't really stand up there with the back catalogue. Rubin was cashing in, and it wasn't a piece of art. I think they should have done something like Psycho Man and Selling My Soul.

TDFYN is to Dehumanizer just as The Mob Rules is to H&H. It works fine. Both are seriously brutal.

But I very much liked 13, it's a lot more catchy and there are amazing riffs in there. The End was shit all things considered.

Seriously choose between the two: God Is Dead vs. Bible Black

It's not that easy.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

And I'm more of a Dio guy.

I agree that 13 doesn't really stand up there with the back catalogue. Rubin was cashing in, and it wasn't a piece of art. I think they should have done something like Psycho Man and Selling My Soul.

TDFYN is to Dehumanizer just as The Mob Rules is to H&H. It works fine. Both are seriously brutal.

But I very much liked 13, it's a lot more catchy and there are amazing riffs in there. The End was shit all things considered.

Seriously choose between the two: God Is Dead vs. Bible Black

It's not that easy.

I'll take Bible Black any day of the week :P

I should mention that bitching aside there is an undeniable pleasure I derive from hearing Tony Iommi play pretty much anything, and add Butler and even the reduced Ozz I'm not immune to the POWER of Black Sabbath.

I'd have liked 13 a lot more if it was more it's own thing, I almost love The End Is The Beginning until you get to the end and it's a half baked Dirty women. I really don't get why they would do that?

Iommi always comes up with amazing riffs, even the direst of Sabbath albums (sorry Powerage, I mean the Tony Martin ones) there was still that to enjoy.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DR DOOM said:

I'll take Bible Black any day of the week :P

I should mention that bitching aside there is an undeniable pleasure I derive from hearing Tony Iommi play pretty much anything, and add Butler and even the reduced Ozz I'm not immune to the POWER of Black Sabbath.

I'd have liked 13 a lot more if it was more it's own thing, I almost love The End Is The Beginning until you get to the end and it's a half baked Dirty women. I really don't get why they would do that?

Iommi always comes up with amazing riffs, even the direst of Sabbath albums (sorry Powerage, I mean the Tony Martin ones) there was still that to enjoy.

I'll give you that Cross Purposes and Forbidden are anywhere between "meh" and absolute garbage. But I legitimately think Eternal Idol, Headless Cross, and Tyr are up there with some of their best albums.

4 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I'll give you that Cross Purposes and Forbidden are anywhere between "meh" and absolute garbage. But I legitimately think Eternal Idol, Headless Cross, and Tyr are up there with some of their best albums.

Weird, I actually rate Cross Purposes pretty highly (and don't count Eternal Idol as a Martin album) :lol:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...