"Better" video

Lindo

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's interesting how every single topic seems to draw a dozen or so cupcakes just to make critical and condescending remarks about a band that they claim that they are fans of.

How about if you dislike the video you explain why that is in an intelligent manner or just avoid the thread altogether? I think the video was great and wish that it would have seen an official release. Just another example of a lack of label support and having managers who had other agendas instead of what their focus should have been.

ok seriously, have you had a life altering experience recently? or has your account been hacked or sold?

It's almost like MSL attitude all over again.

I wonder if BBA was paid off....

Edited by Coma16

It's interesting how every single topic seems to draw a dozen or so cupcakes just to make critical and condescending remarks about a band that they claim that they are fans of.

How about if you dislike the video you explain why that is in an intelligent manner or just avoid the thread altogether? I think the video was great and wish that it would have seen an official release. Just another example of a lack of label support and having managers who had other agendas instead of what their focus should have been.

ok seriously, have you had a life altering experience recently? or has your account been hacked or sold?

I can understand if you think that my change in attitude might seem a little extreme . Let's just say that I'm a little more "aware" of the actul realities these days. Criticize me all you like; I understand. I still the love the classic era of the band, but at the same time, I can understand now why that will likely never ever happen again. I also understand some people's frustration with how slow progress can seem at times, but until you fully understand why that is, your opinions will likely be misguided, at best. Throwing shit at Axl and the band in thread-after-thread, day-after-day, does nothing constructive, nor does it help things to move any faster.

A couple months ago, Axl told USA Today that there are intentions on releasing another album. For whatever reason, "fans" opt to ignore that and continue with the "cash-grab" bashing, "Axl is fat and washed-up", and all the other negative hate that is "cool" to spew. I honestly believe that 2013 will be a great year for the band and its fans. Focus on the fact that Axl is in the public eye, the band remains active, and that they WANT new material out there. Things are only as bad as you choose to make them. I, for one, can't wait for the band to get back out on the road and see what's in store for us next.

Edited by bringbackadler

^^^ lol, clearly satire now. I think it should be fairly obvious to most at this point.

But you're good at it man, I've literally loled at a few of your comments. :lol:

Anyways, did we ever learn how this video ended up leaking?

No satire. Sorry to disappoint you.

^^^ lol, clearly satire now. I think it should be fairly obvious to most at this point.

But you're good at it man, I've literally loled at a few of your comments. :lol:

Ya huh. Sure. :rolleyes: .

I've always liked you as a poster man, but if anybody is naive enough to believe your little "epiphany" to be legit, gullible's written on the ceiling :shrugs: .

Carry on. I mean it when I say I'm getting a few hearty chuckles out of it. I just can't believe people are actually falling for it, which makes it all the more hilarious :lol: .

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

The Better video, as far as modern music videos, was dreadful in every way. It's a piece that confirms the cult nature of new GN'R, it seems almost directed for the online fora that will marvel at Axl jetting off in a supercar then playing live in a series of less than complimentary camera shots.

It needs a typically GN'R storyline. And not to Better.

Ya huh. Sure. :rolleyes: .

I've always liked you as a poster man, but if anybody is naive enough to believe your little "epiphany" to be legit, gullible's written on the ceiling :shrugs: .

Carry on. I mean it when I say I'm getting a few hearty chuckles out of it. I just can't believe people are actually falling for it, which makes it all the more hilarious :lol: .

I'm glad that I am unable to give you a good chuckle. But the truth is, I've meant everything that I've said. You're entitled to believe as you wish and I can understand why you might doubt me based on my past behavior, but I assure you this has nothing to do with satire or deceipt. Things change, man. I'm not trying to be an "ass-kisser" or attempt to have the band invite me anywhere. It's just that I now realize that my past thoughts and opinions weren't always helpful or correct. In a nutshell, I was wrong about alot of things - and so are alot of others. Trust me.

Edited by bringbackadler

I liked it. Always thought that video would be a major "cluster-fuck" with all the various band members, etc.- but I think they actually did a good job IMHO. Kinda crazy to imagine a band with Buckethead, Bumblefoot, Robin and Richard on guitars- with both Brain and Frank on drums.

I'm glad it was never released. It's hard enough remember an 8 member band. Add two ex member and the Lars and Sebastian and its like, wtf.

Good PR move canning this.

I do agree that it is a bit of a clusterfuck having all these people in the video not actually in the band. I also think Bach is the most annoying person in the whole world. I personally think Guns and Better deserved more than just cut up live footage. I always hoped for an epic video with a storyline that followed the song, but it was never going to happen sadly. Too many years and too much money spent already :(

Still wonder if it was actually meant to be used for a Better single release (though I don't know who would play it) or it was more just a thing to circulate online as a promotional tool.

It looks like something Best Buy would have run in the stores. I think they went with the cheapest production company around at the time, which has grown since then.