Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Jason Newsted on Rock Star Supernova: "GNR and Cre are Hollywood Fakes"

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

KornHoleo

KornHoleo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • 29-June 06
Anthony Morgan of Metal Forces recently conducted an interview with former METALLICA, VOIVOD and FLOTSAM AND JETSAM bassist and current NEWSTED frontman Jason Newsted. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

[...]

On ROCK STAR SUPERNOVA:

Jason: “If you think about that one, you’ve got the two biggest Hollywood rock star bands involved with a guy from the purest metal band. You’ve got GUNS ‘N ROSES, which is so much fakey, Hollywood stuff. You’ve then got MÖTLEY CRÜE which is even more fakey, Hollywood stuff, and then you’ve got real metal. It was not easy to get them to come to rehearsals, or even play songs. We only got to have like five rehearsals in the entire existence of the band. That’s not the way I do things. I work hard and I practise hard, and I always have. I don’t do that kind of Hollywood shit, man. [laughs]“
Full int: http://playadelnacho...em-when-i-left/

Crash Diet

Crash Diet

OH MY GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts
  • 22-October 11
The only problem is Metallica is not a real metal band since 1995....
Btw i agree with the rest of the article

Unless we start boycotting them nothing will ever change.

Stop seeing GnR concerts. Stop buying shit from them.

2 things will happen:
- They will actually step up and release new music.
- Or they will quit.

And quite frankly, both options are better than this.

we were the left overs... the "hardcore" fans

MEXzilla

MEXzilla

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • 16-May 12
Metallica are posers nuff said. :max:

Dark Knight

Dark Knight

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • 12-August 12
Fuck yourself Jason Metallica stopped being a real Metal band in 91 when you put out turd known as Black Album fucking sellout poser pussies

Edited by Son of a Guns, 25 January 2013 - 01:31 AM.

Formerly known as Son of a gun

Johnny Drama

Johnny Drama

I WILL EAT YOUR PUPPY

• Supporters
  • 14,646 posts
  • 14-August 07
I can understand paying out on Motley but to call Guns fake he should shut the fuck up and go stand back in Cliff's shadow.

Oh and WTF learn how to paste in normal fonts. Fucking hell.

Nobody will ever let you know when you ask the reasons why They just tell you that you're on your own Fill your head all full of lies

You bastards!

jekylhyde

jekylhyde

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • 07-August 05
God, some of you are so touchy...

Newsted is the shit! So is Guns. And to some extent Mötley too. At least, Nikki and Mick are.
My instrumental/alternative metal -project:
facebook.com/acidasylum
myspace.com/acidasylum1
mikseri.net/acidasylum

Chinaski

Chinaski

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • 14-January 12
Didn't Jason not even tour with that band? Weird thing to say.

pmue.png

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

SPACE TRAVELLER

• Supporters
  • 6,664 posts
  • 28-April 11
Newsted's awesome. You guys suck. He's wrong about GnR, though. Can't blame him though... Axl fucked them up so bad I'd hate him too.

Sig2_zpsf82904fb.png

The Real McCoy

The Real McCoy

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,124 posts
  • 14-February 11

Didn't Jason not even tour with that band? Weird thing to say.

Jason was "injured" before the tour started, and Johnny Colt from the Black Crowes replaced him.

"I'm the original rock n' roll cliche, Gypsy, pirate, cowboy, You wouldn't last a minute in my boots, 'Cos baby, I'm the Real McCoy" - Hanoi Rocks

Johnny Drama

Johnny Drama

I WILL EAT YOUR PUPPY

• Supporters
  • 14,646 posts
  • 14-August 07

Newsted's awesome. You guys suck. He's wrong about GnR, though. Can't blame him though... Axl fucked them up so bad I'd hate him too.

I love Newkid as a big Metallica fan (great bassist, miss his backing vocals, no crabwalking) but calling Guns fake is a pile of shite.

Nobody will ever let you know when you ask the reasons why They just tell you that you're on your own Fill your head all full of lies

You bastards!

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

SPACE TRAVELLER

• Supporters
  • 6,664 posts
  • 28-April 11

I love Newkid as a big Metallica fan (great bassist, miss his backing vocals, no crabwalking) but calling Guns fake is a pile of shite.

Of course, as it's a lie but you gotta take it from his side. Metallica had a TERRIBLE time touring with GnR.

Sig2_zpsf82904fb.png

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 10,459 posts
  • 12-December 08
He's a dork for doing Rock Star Supernova. Maybe Gilby, Dave and Tommy were being douches.

The Real McCoy

The Real McCoy

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,124 posts
  • 14-February 11

He's a dork for doing Rock Star Supernova. Maybe Gilby, Dave and Tommy were being douches.

I can't imagine Gilby being a douche. He seems like a cool, laid back dude. Tommy Lee on the other hand...

Navarro wasn't a member of the band, just one of the judges.

"I'm the original rock n' roll cliche, Gypsy, pirate, cowboy, You wouldn't last a minute in my boots, 'Cos baby, I'm the Real McCoy" - Hanoi Rocks

DieselDaisy

DieselDaisy

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,048 posts
  • 11-August 12
Fake? The whole point about the Appetite era is the reality of it. GN'R pulled their lyrics from the experience of being dirt poor and living in a sort of debauced hedonistic poverty. GN'R did not write cheesy cock songs (sans Anything Goes) and power ballads but songs about drug abuse (Mr B), urbanised hell (WTTJ), police harrassment (otgm) and various damaged women (my michelle, rocket queet). Slash did not merely imitate countless shredders that were doing the rounds, CC Deville for instance, but pulled his licks from the great Anglo-American 60s and 70s bluesmiths.

UYI era? Yes, there is an element of fakery, of rock star bullshit, which enters GN'R's world. The ten minute videos for instance. The 1992 band and Axl's ego. But Jason is incorrect in regards to Appetite era Guns.

T.wa.T

T.wa.T

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • 07-January 13
Dont forget the Caligula themed after parties!!!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users