If you could go and see any 3 Guns shows, which ones would you pick??

ace3494

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rock in Rio 2001 - read Kurt Loder's review, that's why. And the line-up of course, the Chinese Democracy line-up. The songs in their original, unoverproduced form. Axl has never since matched the vigour and venom of that particular performance.

Hammerstein, LA 2006 - a great few days for fans of the new era. The excitement of Chinese peaking. Axl absolutely nailed one of my favourite songs, There Was A Time.

Tokyo 2009 - The band played Chinese Democracy practically in its entirety. As well as performing for the greatest length of time in the band's history. Axl personally interacted with the fans post-release of Chinese Democracy 'This has pretty much been the worst year of my life'

Paris '92. Incredibly energetic performance by the band. Tracy and Roberta were on top of their game. Probably was a great time to be a GN'R fan.

House of Blues, December 2001 - Seen as there is no recordings from this shows and reading reviews of how good they sounded, I'd have loved to have been there to experience that gig.

Rock AM Ring 2006. - Has a lot of great moments. Maybe my favourite gig.

Tokyo 2009 - The band played Chinese Democracy practically in its entirety. As well as performing for the greatest length of time in the band's history. Axl personally interacted with the fans post-release of Chinese Democracy 'This has pretty much been the worst year of my life'

thats just wrong! the longest show being held under the GN'R banner still is August 03, 1991 Inglewood, LA. we've compared exactly a while back and the result is that the new Axl camp in 2009 just didnt know how to handle a timer properly. i can re-search all the info we've combined if wanted, that'd better be another topic though.

3 shows to pick?

June 06, 1985 - Troubador, Hollywood, CA (This is the first Guns N' Roses gig with the AFD line-up)

June 28, 1987 - The Marquee, London, England (kick-ass show and crowd!)

August 03, 1991 - Inglewood, LA (longest GN'R show + 4x original members from the classic AFD line-up still there)

Edited by Lim666

Cool thread. I'd go with--

Inglewood '91

London '10 with Duff

L'arc in Paris/Rosebar cuz that whole "private party" vibe would have to be just incredible. Love the vids from both of those shows.

Honorable mention to OKC in '92 cuz I was there and it was the best concert I've ever seen. I'd love to get in the DeLorean and go back to see it again!

edit--Forgot about Hammerstein. Can we list 5 instead of 3?? ha ha ha

Edited by scans n' copies

Any of the Hammerstein 2006 shows. I've went to all of them though in 2006

lolbraggingopportunitytaken

Do you think it's possible that someone in the crowd stole your details from your wallet, and then sent you an 8 track CD in 2013?