If you could go and see any 3 Guns shows, which ones would you pick??

ace3494

Any show with the original GnR lineup (Izzy & Adler included) would be worth gold for me if I had access to a time-travel machine.

That being said I'm pretty satisfied with my own personal CV of having attended a trio of '92, '06 and '10 concerts.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I wanted to have a good time:

- something from 1992 (Paris or Argentina - both killer shows)

- the December 21st LA show from 2006 (perhaps the best show from 2006)

- Tokyo 2009 (longest show)

If I wanted to have a good laugh with some friends:

- Bridge School

- Rock in Rio 2011

- 2002 VMAs

thats just wrong! the longest show being held under the GN'R banner still is August 03, 1991 Inglewood, LA. we've compared exactly a while back and the result is that the new Axl camp in 2009 just didnt know how to handle a timer properly.

Go on, hit me with your revisionism. And by 'we', do you mean you and Steven Adler?

3 hours and 37 minutes

Show me the distorted 'factors' which dispute Tokyo's claim to Longest Ever.

@NGOG:

in this case "we" were just some fans who dont believe everything what the Guns' camp says.

all that info might appear little later, but as you're little attacks in your last post show that you've been fallen into that blind-followers-category in this case.....why not starting yourself proving the exact Tokyo09 lenght as being

"3 hours and 37 minutes" (just as they've said!) and NOT being 03:34:53,800 ?

(December 19, 2009 Tokyo)

small difference but in fact this makes the difference from being 1st longest show to 2nd longest show - which is the point of discussion Tokyo09/Inglewood91. there are digital bootlegs from the Tokyo09 show floating around, just do the maths please.

Saw them at the L'Amour and Ritz in 1987, twice in 1988 opening for Aerosmith and also 3X during the UYI tours so to pick shows I have not been at:

June 06, 1985 - Troubador, Hollywood, CA (This is the first Guns N' Roses gig with the AFD line-up)

June 1987 - The Marquee, London, England shows

December 1987- Perkins Palace shows as they were the last club shows before they took off and they kicked ass.......

Not surpised to see a lot of people pick the 88 Ritz show as it one of the few we have of the AFD lineup we have proshot video of but there are so many better shows from the 1987-88 era.

Saw then in Boston in 2002 and again 2006 and while the shows were entertaining they did not come close to the AFD or even UYI era shows I saw.

But I was surprised so many did not pick any shows from the AFD or even UYI era bands....you have no idea what you missed.........

Edited by classicrawker

@Lim

I accept the consensus - which was reported initially by Bumblefoot and then dozens of media outlets thereafter - that the show in Tokyo 2009 was the Longest Ever. I do not accept the accuracy of your investigation, what did you base it on, a bootleg? That was presumably edited for release? Perhaps you can elaborate on 'We found that' with actual evidence.

Edited by NGOG

@Lim

I accept the consensus - which was reported initially by Bumblefoot and then dozens of media outlets thereafter - that the show in Tokyo 2009 was the Longest Ever. I do not accept the accuracy of your investigation, what did you base it on, a bootleg? That was presumably edited for release? Perhaps you can elaborate on 'We found that' with actual evidence.

think it the other way first:

what do you think BF and Axl have based their words on?

@Lim

think it the other way first:

what do you think BF and Axl have based their words on?

Bumblefoot has too much integrity to lie for camp GN'R as demonstrated by his outspokenness. Now can you please offer evidence to the contrary?

Inglewood was longer than Tokyo, just look at the sets. Who cares though? Both are legendary

The sets are irrelevant. It's based on the overall duration of the performance.

Bumblefoot has too much integrity to lie for camp GN'R as demonstrated by his outspokenness. Now can you please offer evidence to the contrary?

now ^^thats zero proof, only a subjective opinion.

i dont think the Axl camp was lying in 2009, they just were wrong about, and that wasnt too smart to go public with and could have easily been avoided by playing 1 more song.

but you can do it all by yourself, just think about how a) a show length would have to be calculated/counted, b) compare the lenghts from both shows (tipp: we have several seperate digital(!) sources for Tokyo09 and master AUD cassettes transfers from Inglewood91) and c) how it most likeley all went down.

doing that you seriously cant come to other conclusions than me. i might combine all the info some later for an extra topic for this issue.