Axl Rose Close to Losing $20M Lawsuit Against Activision for Featuring Slash

Chris 55

It sounded horrible by all accounts, the re-recorded Ozzy records. If you look on Amazon's reviews, every reviewer is giving them low marks and recomending buyers to buy the prior versions.

The point is that it can be done and it's not abnormal.

no, the fact that you pointed out merely one disastrous example proves that it's not done and it is abnormal.

the re-recording of afd was a way for the new album to learn it...not to do a re release

this has got nothing to do with axl vs slash...if activision agreed not to feature slash in a game where axl is letting them use HIS songs then they should've kept they're word.

I think the thing that captures attention is that Axl not wanting Slash in the game feeds into the whole public perception of Axl as being a bitter petty human being who harbours a deeply irrational hatred for a figure that is much loved.

Axl has never given a clear concise public statement as to what exactly Slash did to him, leading many to believe that there is no reason, only jealousy.

I think the thing that captures attention is that Axl not wanting Slash in the game feeds into the whole public perception of Axl as being a bitter petty human being who harbours a deeply irrational hatred for a figure that is much loved.

Axl has never given a clear concise public statement as to what exactly Slash did to him, leading many to believe that there is no reason, only jealousy.

Yup.

Ax is mad he surreptitiously ripped off Slash, and Duff, and he was left holding the bag, and the record contract. Well, the ginger now knows karma's a bitch.

jelousy???? :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Or re-recording AFD to take Slash out and trying to release only those versions?

Ozzy did it...problem?

Yeah it was done to fuck Kerslake and Daisley out of song writing credits. They later sued Ozzy in court and won and the label later released a Deluxe edition of the album with the original tracks...Sharon later admitted they tried to screw them out of money..........sleazy move by Sharon..........is that how you want your hero Axl to do business?

Watching lolcano get owned all over the forum is one of the best things about this place right now.

LOL "owned"

Ok there elephant tits

Axl managed to get the job half done on Big Daddy but couldn't get the job done for Black Hawk Down with Jungle.

Black Hawk Down did not want a re-recorded version If I remember correctly.

Yup jealousy. Slash is adored the world over, has been consistently working and putting out music, has the respect of his peers and has a family to boot.

Axl's situation - 1 mediocre album in almost two decades, one of the worst reputations in the music business and lives with his former girlfriends nanny, surrounded by cats.

Hey maybe he wants to be the male equivalent of a permanently shelved cat lady. Good luck to him if that is what he finds fulfilling.

Yup jealousy. Slash is adored the world over, has been consistently working and putting out music, has the respect of his peers and has a family to boot.

Axl's situation - 1 mediocre album in almost two decades, one of the worst reputations in the music business and lives with his former girlfriends nanny, surrounded by cats.

Hey maybe he wants to be the male equivalent of a permanently shelved cat lady. Good luck to him if that is what he finds fulfilling.

"But Slash is a media whore! He releases music because he loves to record music and loves his fans. What an asshole. Not to mention he puts himself out in public. Damn, he's a huge moronic media whore."

- Every Axl Rose cult follower.

• 2 weeks later...

Or re-recording AFD to take Slash out and trying to release only those versions?

Ozzy did it...problem?

Yeah it was done to fuck Kerslake and Daisley out of song writing credits. They later sued Ozzy in court and won and the label later released a Deluxe edition of the album with the original tracks...Sharon later admitted they tried to screw them out of money..........sleazy move by Sharon..........is that how you want your hero Axl to do business?

Watching lolcano get owned all over the forum is one of the best things about this place right now.

LOL "owned". It happens to me on a daily basis. But, my mommy brushes my hair, behind my ears, then me and Brain entertain our friday nights to rock throwing, turtle collecting, as well as a game of dungeons and dragons. Then we come in here to support Axl because he's our hero and if you say anything bad about him, I'll get soooooo mad, I'll, I'll, do something!!!

Fixed Weakling :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

So according to AntiMusic, the judge threw out the rest of the claim.

Hope it was worth it Axl

Yeah, hope so too. Personally, I think Axl clearly starts half the 'suits Slash did. Pity jealousy on the parts of both, shame they'll never be able to talk things out.

But Axl lost the lawsuit, just like he lost his voice. And marbles.

LOL "owned". It happens to me on a daily basis. But, my mommy brushes my hair, behind my ears, then me and Brain entertain our friday nights to rock throwing, turtle collecting, as well as a game of dungeons and dragons. Then we come in here to support Axl because he's our hero and if you say anything bad about him, I'll get soooooo mad, I'll, I'll, do something!!!

Fixed Weakling :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

If this would have been Volcano's actual retort, it would have been a hilarious win for him.

Edited by Flayer

Ozzy did it...problem?

Fixed Weakling :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

So according to AntiMusic, the judge threw out the rest of the claim.

Hope it was worth it Axl

Yeah, hope so too. Personally, I think Axl clearly starts half the 'suits Slash did. Pity jealousy on the parts of both, shame they'll never be able to talk things out.

But Axl lost the lawsuit, just like he lost his voice. And marbles.

Will Axl get his own back on the Judge and Activision in a way only he knows best.. via lyrics - Get in the Ring 2 :D

I can't work out Axl's true motivations behind this deal. He sued because he didn't want an ex band member to be associated with the brand he owns yet he didn't file the suit at the time because Activation promised him a ChiDem version. This doesn't make a lot of sense as the reason he was upset about the game and it's promotion still stands. Surely he should be unhappy about the Slash association regardless of other incentives offered.

I think if he had taken legal action immediately he might have had a reasonable case.

Edited by alfierose