Axl's history of personal hints regarding a song/or concept on the next album, in the previous album.

Guest NGOG

Contained in the booklet for Appetite For Destruction is the lyric ‘With your bitch slap rappin’ and your cocaine tongue you get nothin’ done’ which would later feature in the Use Your Illusion track ‘You Could Be Mine’.

In the Use Your Illusion booklet there was a reference to ‘Ain’t It Fun’ which of course was a Dead Boys song later covered by GN’R on “The Spaghetti Incident?”.

On the front cover of ]“The Spaghetti Incident?” Axl featured a coded remark that looked like this:

spagdiscse3.jpg

Back in 2008 a few weeks before the release of Chinese Democracy a fan deciphered it as ‘FUCKEM ALL’, and used the infamous Zodiac Killer’s cypher to do so.

ZodiacSpaghetti.jpg

I think Axl developed an intense intrigue in the Zodiac case (which has achieved mainstream coverage more recently in a David Fincher adaption of the mystery) as far back as “The Spaghetti Incident?” and this was his reference to a song concept he would try to pursue on the next album, like with every other album to date. The breakdown of the band would then compromise this and he would be forced to redress the idea later on.

We know a song called ‘Zodiac’ by GN’R exists, albeit in the vault:

Titles and/or Working Titles of songs which may appear on a future album:

Ides Of March ('98), Berlin (Oklahoma) ('98), Atlas Shrugged ('99), Oh My God ('99), Silkworms ('00), Down By The Ocean ('01), Soul Monster (Leave Me Alone) ('02), Seven ('02), The General ('02), Thyme ('02), Quick Song ('05), Zodiac ('05), Jackie Chan (Checkmate) ('08).

Zodiac was part of the Chinese Democracy sessions.

With all this in mind I had a look at the Chinese Democracy booklet again, which most people rubbished and hardly took a second glance at, there is some intriguing faded text on the white bit of paper positioned slightly above the basket of the bicycle which begins with 'THIS STREET HAS BEEN', does anybody have an effective magnifying glass that could decipher what is written? Also, I think the yelping voices on the intro of the title track are highly worth exploring.

guns-chinese-cover.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl has voiced his displeasure with the CD booklet before. It's sloppy and he considered it unfinished. I think all the hints in the previous ones are really fascinating. But given the way CD was put out, I'm not sure any hints even made it in there. Also, like with AFD, UYI and TSI, you don't really get the hint until you know what it leads up to. At most it gives us a line from an unreleased song.

Edited by username

Yes. I was going to say, can anything (like the letter to Seymour's corrupt relative) from what we've seen of the three booklets be construed as a clue? Or does the trio itself suggest a trilogy.

Wow, you have too much time on your hands if this is what you've spent time conjuring up.

Yes because you lead a really productive life on a forum for a band you don't even like. What fulfills you expressing negativity? Don't you have anything better to do than lurk here all day waiting for an opportunity to vent ridicule that is never going to change the reality that Axl will continue and continue this edition of GN'R? Go away. Get a more purposeful hobby. At least I dig the band I'm prepared to generate discussion over.

Yes. I was going to say, can anything (like the letter to Seymour's corrupt relative) from what we've seen of the three booklets be construed as a clue? Or does the trio itself suggest a trilogy.

The letter to what?

07MachineGun.jpg

Thanks. I can't read that on my phone right now. I'm assuming he means Erin not Steph though.