Has Axl moved legally against the RNRHOF? If not, why?

izzydoezit

Axl has made big lawsuits for much lesser matters such as the Activision case.

The RNRHOF presented and broadcasted the old (real) GNR as Guns N' Roses which is a name legally owned by GNR. They made money off of this.

Isn't it strange if Axl has done nothing to legally move against the HOF? Or has he already done his moves?

Please discuss.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bellastar2355

I'd be lying if that thought didn't cross my mind, but I think he just didn't want anyone to accept on his behalf. Since no one did (I don't even think anyone mentioned him by name) I think he just got over it.

Guest bellastar2355

Yes, but the guys played the HOF event as "Guns N' Roses". Legally they are not GNR. And the HOF profited from this broadcast and probably made a lot of money. This is my point. Why did Axl let them get away with this?

Hmmm... not sure... If I remember correctly he said that not going to the RNRHOF was met with praise (even though the feelings were mixed) so maybe he just wants to leave it at that...

Or maybe he's fixing up the lawsuit now lol

don't give him any ideas izzydoezit! :P

Edited by bellastar2355

Yes, but the guys played the HOF event as "Guns N' Roses". Legally they are not GNR. And the HOF profited from this broadcast and probably made a lot of money. This is my point. Why did Axl let them get away with this?

They didn't play as "Guns N' Roses". It was former members with Myles Kennedy.

The real Guns N' Roses were busy touring the world.

Truth hurts don't it?

Truth hurts don't it?

How come the 'Real' Guns N Roses didn't get inducted then? Or even get an invite?

Because Axl, like most, probably doesn't take the authority of the modern day 'Hall of Fame' seriously. It's a corporate joke that a very limited audience pays attention to.

Because Axl, like most, probably doesn't take the authority of the modern day 'Hall of Fame' seriously. It's a corporate joke that a very limited audience pays attention to.

This is the same corporate joke that would be praised as a legitimate honour if the current lineup got inducted into?

We are discussing the financial issue.

He bothered to deal with Activision over a fuckin' video game. The HOF is a bigger deal whether Axl takes is seriously or not. Is he taking Guitar Hero's authority more seriously?

Edited by izzydoezit

I don't understand either. Maybe he's too tied up in other lawsuits.

What else is he involved in currently besides Activision? At least, what do we know officially?

Not entirely sure, I don't really follow it that closely anymore. It really surprises me that Axl is just letting this go without a fight. Maybe he's getting money out of it?

To be fair to the lads who played at the RNRHOF, they never came on and said "We're Guns N' Roses". They played as 4 of them were integral members of old guns and clearly wanted to acknowledge their time as part of that. The additional players there allowed them to perform the songs. It was only by chance that the Green Day bloke actually announced them as "Guns N' Roses".

To be fair to the lads who played at the RNRHOF, they never came on and said "We're Guns N' Roses". They played as 4 of them were integral members of old guns and clearly wanted to acknowledge their time as part of that. The additional players there allowed them to perform the songs. It was only by chance that the Green Day bloke actually announced them as "Guns N' Roses".

This

Is he taking Guitar Hero's authority more seriously?

It was then a major gaming franchise very popular among mainstream gamers. You can't compare the then reach of Guitar Hero to the Hall of Fame. And obviously Guitar Hero was a much bigger financial matter than the Hall of Fame.

I don't think Axl cares about the nostalgia of the Hall of Fame where middle age men get a rare opportunity to put on leather trousers again among their peers. Whereas Guitar Hero, specifically the third installment of the game which gripped the gaming population for the first time, was very important in terms of who it influenced/and was bought by.

So you are saying that Green Day who was inducting Guns N' Roses that night at the Hall of Fame, by chance called them Guns N' Roses? You can't be serious.

So you are saying that Green Day who was inducting Guns N' Roses that night at the Hall of Fame, by chance called them Guns N' Roses? You can't be serious.

He is right....

Its bizarre isn't it? if they weren't Guns N Roses surely they couldn't get inducted.

Truth hurts don't it?

Not really no. I would have rather seen the HOF performance.