Has Axl moved legally against the RNRHOF? If not, why?

izzydoezit

Does anyone want to post the video? What's so funny here is that I think Izzydoezit's all excited about a show from 10 months ago because he thinks people are going to start calling Slash/Myles GnR. lmao no one thought of that lineup as GnR.

http://www.youtube.c...NT_V2raY#t=330s

will you shut up now?

LOL the guy from Green Day announced them as GnR, and that's what you're hinging your entire argument on? HAHAHAHAH! Oh that's rich!

No, I think it is you who should shut up now. lol

Oh by the way, can't wait until you create your next thread "Do you think Axl hates Billie Joe and should sue him?" lmao

Green Day were inducting GNR that day, so yes this is the entire argument. The HOF announced the guys as Guns N' Roses through Billy Joe who was responsible to induct them. If that's not enough for loonies like you it's not my problem.

I see. So you're giddy and getting all excited over a 10 month old gig where "the HOF announced the guys as Guns N' Roses through Billy Joe who was responsible to induct them"? I'm sorry, but that is some of the funniest shit I've ever heard. By all means, stroke your e-peen as you celebrate the guy from Green day calling them GnR. This must be a major victory for you. roflcopter

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl can own the name, but he doesn't own everyone's perception except for a handful of posters here.

They were inducted as GNR and rightfully so. The world accepts it. Axl accepts it. Deal with it.

Not sure if Axl accepts it, but I agree with everything else. I pretty much see the HOF performance lineup as GNR minus Axl. I see Axl's band as Axl minus the rest of GNR. I guess that puts to bed the whole "no one saw them as GNR" thing. They weren't GNR plain and simple, but they were closer than what Axl's got going on, no matter what he fucking legally owns.

Axl can own the name, but he doesn't own everyone's perception except for a handful of posters here.

They were inducted as GNR and rightfully so. The world accepts it. Axl accepts it. Deal with it.

Exactly, Axl also doesn't own history, time or facts. The hall of fame inducted the guns n roses that achieved induction worthy status. Whether Axl wants to believe otherwise is irrelevant but the people on the stage actually, in real life were guns n roses so that's what they represented that night.

Other than myles and gilby of course, they are just good, decent guys who helped out because two others were too fucking precious to come to the party to celebrate what should have been an enjoyable, positive night for everyone.

Well, as the title suggests, he sues for much less and if he was so opposed to it, wouldn't he sue?

Axl in his HOF letter said "I would not begrudge anyone from Guns their accomplishments or recognition for such.". He wasn't opposed to the members of the classic lineup getting inducted, he just didn't want to be a part of it, makes sense he didn't sue based on his statement.

GH3 is an entirely different matter, he believes he had a verbal contract that was broken, so he feels he's right to sue even if some may see it as a minor thing compared top the HOF situation.

Does anyone want to post the video? What's so funny here is that I think Izzydoezit's all excited about a show from 10 months ago because he thinks people are going to start calling Slash/Myles GnR. lmao no one thought of that lineup as GnR.

http://www.youtube.c...NT_V2raY#t=330s

will you shut up now?

LOL the guy from Green Day announced them as GnR, and that's what you're hinging your entire argument on? HAHAHAHAH! Oh that's rich!

No, I think it is you who should shut up now. lol

Oh by the way, can't wait until you create your next thread "Do you think Axl hates Billie Joe and should sue him?" lmao

Green Day were inducting GNR that day, so yes this is the entire argument. The HOF announced the guys as Guns N' Roses through Billy Joe who was responsible to induct them. If that's not enough for loonies like you it's not my problem.

I see. My glasses acknowledge that!!!! I'm derrr funkadelic brainfarttt yoooo

Fixed :D I love your sexy response too fyi Edited by AxlRose14

He doesn't care about it?

He cared enough to initially thank the fans for 'their victory' and then to change his mind a write a letter of whining of epic proportions dramatically asking them not to be inducted. He was probably really upset that the guys played there.

The straight I don't give a fuck attitude would just consist of not going there.

Well, as the title suggests, he sues for much less and if he was so opposed to it, wouldn't he sue?

Axl in his HOF letter said "I would not begrudge anyone from Guns their accomplishments or recognition for such.". He wasn't opposed to the members of the classic lineup getting inducted, he just didn't want to be a part of it, makes sense he didn't sue based on his statement.

GH3 is an entirely different matter, he believes he had a verbal contract that was broken, so he feels he's right to sue even if some may see it as a minor thing compared top the HOF situation.

THIS. THIS. and THIS.

He cared enough to initially thank the fans for 'their victory' and then to change his mind a write a letter of whining of epic proportions dramatically asking them not to be inducted. He was probably really upset that the guys played there.

The straight I don't give a fuck attitude would just consist of not going there.

We know part of the reason he didn't go had to do with not working things out with Slash, but what he wrote also had to do with people in the recording industry that had played a part in working against him over the 15 year period as another reason. They were going to be there as well. It would be like seeing your ex-wife's lawyer there that tried to take everything from you, and they're going "hey, no hard feelings buddy, water under the bridge".

LIke I said, going to a party in your honor, paying to sit at a table with people you can't stand. Some people are able to put that aside. I'm sure Axl would've been happy to see some familiar faces there, but there were also faces he did not want to see. "Doing it for the fans" didn't hold water in this case.

If they do it for the fans, it'll be on their terms.

Even though axl wasnt there, i drove 6hrs to this, and i am so glad i did. Something i will never forget, and i met Matt Sorum in the Ritz Carlton on the 11th floor by the bar and then got thrown out of the hotel, classic gnr fashion

We know part of the reason he didn't go had to do with not working things out with Slash, but what he wrote also had to do with people in the recording industry that had played a part in working against him over the 15 year period as another reason. They were going to be there as well. It would be like seeing your ex-wife's lawyer there that tried to take everything from you, and they're going "hey, no hard feelings buddy, water under the bridge".

LIke I said, going to a party in your honor, paying to sit at a table with people you can't stand. Some people are able to put that aside. I'm sure Axl would've been happy to see some familiar faces there, but there were also faces he did not want to see. "Doing it for the fans" didn't hold water in this case.

If they do it for the fans, it'll be on their terms.

'Victory for the fans ring' a bell?

Axl really changed his mind (and so did his fans on the forums) right after it was announced that nuGNR should make sure they buy their own tickets.