Thinking about buying a watch.

Georgy Zhukov

Guest Len B'stard

Nice...how much? I tell you what, we're got some tasteful motherfuckers on this forum lately, with you Mags and especially Lith' occupying the top end of the table in that regard.

Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

It really is nice. Classical looking, like all the best ones :) Can you bung us a pic of your actual one? It'd be nice to see how it looks like that.

Edited by sugaraylen

• 2 weeks later...

So that Tissot Facekicker posted got me looking into their watches and I came across this:

$%28KGrHqN,%21lcFJ%28yGK7sSBS,FQ-IHZQ~~6

Thoughts? I was thinking about a Mako, but I just don't like them that much.

I don't like it, man. The dial is too busy. I don't see why you don't like the Mako, but at the same time you shouldn't be wearing a watch you don't really like.

That is fucking gorgeous, get it.

You don't think it's too flashy? Remember that when I'm not the one man army I'm a white New England boarding school teacher. :lol:

I don't like it, man. The dial is too busy.

That's exactly my worry.

I think I'm not thrilled with the shape of the Mako, like how it's kind of fat and rounded around the face. It looks clunky to me.

You don't think it's too flashy? Remember that when I'm not the one man army I'm a white New England boarding school teacher. :lol:

How about the Orient Bambino?

1396175647570.jpg

That's exactly my worry.

I think I'm not thrilled with the shape of the Mako, like how it's kind of fat and rounded around the face. It looks clunky to me.

I doesn't feel clunky on me at all, and my wrists are tiny.

That Bambino looks very nice.

As somebody that doesn't have a clue about watches - can you point me to something affordable?

Guest Len B'stard

That's exactly my worry.

It's not like it's iced out or something, it's classy. The smaller ones nice but...i dunno, i like bigger watches. Not monsters but at least when you're wearing it you know it's there.

I'm wearing a Bambino as I type. I love it. I'm looking to add something more sporty/casual but still fashionable.

In that price range, Seiko have some nice divers.

SKX007:

SKX007J-P.jpg

009:

pepsi-04.jpg

This isn't a diver, but Tissot Le Locle is also a very nice watch:

Tissot-Le-Locle.jpg

I'm on my phone now, so can't find you guys any pics, but I'll remember to do it when I get home

Doesn't your phone have the time?

So that Tissot Facekicker posted got me looking into their watches and I came across this:

$(KGrHqN,!lcFJ(yGK7sSBS,FQ-IHZQ~~60_12.J

Thoughts? I was thinking about a Mako, but I just don't like them that much.

I don't like it, man. The dial is too busy. I don't see why you don't like the Mako, but at the same time you shouldn't be wearing a watch you don't really like.

Pretty, but what time is it?