Thinking about buying a watch.

Georgy Zhukov

Guest Len B'stard

Fuck that, stick with what they come with or just buy one with a leather strap man. ORRRR...alternatively, you could ignore what some dickhead on the internet is saying and just do what you want :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

It's kinda the whole piece i think, try buying a chain for a Breitling and tell me that price don't reflect some kinda quality in the putting together of it. On a side note, I have a watchmaker friend who got a Cartier Jumbo (at least thats what he called it) as payment for repairing some kinda high end watch where the cogs inside it had broken and he was quoted, get this, 8,000 to have it repaired. Tried to swap his Cartier for my Seiko but, oddly enough, he weren't havin' it :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Googled the jumbo, hadn't heard of it myself til today:

pan3.jpg

My old mans got a Cartier somewhere actually, i think I'll have it off him.

His ones looks kinda like this:

6-08-12-1-f.jpg

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

It's the watch Steve McQueen wore in Le Mans

422899626.jpg

And the watch Jesse gave Walt in Breaking Bad

monac.jpg

If theres one surefire way to sell me on something its telling me it has something to do with Steve McQueen :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The Weekender is class.

Fan of Tissot too, especially that second one. I have one with a blue dial that I bought a while back. I think I posted it somewhere in this thread. Len loved it. Lith thought it was too busy if I remember correctly. It's a great looking watch and I get a lot of comments about it, but it's not the easiest to tell time on. :lol: Come to think of it, I remember P4A or Lio or someone - you know, one of our interchangeable ladies :awesomeface: - saying something about how it looked pretty but what time did it say.