"Guns N’ Roses Playing NYC’s Governors Ball – And No One Is Happy About It"

Tyler Drama

349 people = enough to gauge general opinion of CD

342 people = not enough to gauge the general opinion of concert go'ers.

Ba. ha. ha.

Going by your logic, since there's no option in that particular petition to vote the other way around (wanting them at the festival), that leaves 342 against GN'R - "Rest of festival-goers" for GN'R.

Can't you see how ridiculous that seems?

It only tells you the amount of people signing that petition, nothing more. If anything, you must set it up against the amount of people attending the festival.

The CD poll is choice-based. You can rank it, and eventually you'll get an average. I'm not saying that you can trust the poll 100%, but there's grounds for saying it's a measurement of general opinion (however not an accurate one).

Comparing the two is just dumb.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want Axl and Kanye to do the douchebags and assholes song together. I think that would prob. make Kanye's year. But I can tell you right now, as soon as there's a photo of Kim Kardasian with Axl Rose together, people are going to flip the fuck out about Axl being a sellout.

Going by your logic, since there's no option in that particular petition to vote the other way around (wanting them at the festival), that leaves 342 against GN'R - "Rest of festival-goers" for GN'R.

It only tells you the amount of people signing that petition, nothing more. If anything, you must set it up against the amount of people attending the festival.

The CD poll is choice-based. You can rank it, and eventually you'll get an average. I'm not saying that you can trust the poll 100%, but there's grounds for saying it's a measurement of general opinion (however not an accurate one).

Oh please. The two things aren't that different. YOU have bias in how you're judging them. You can't have it both ways by saying, "the poll has a large margin of error and I don't trust it" while also saying, "it's not that bad. I kinda trust it."

Edited by Rustycage

I just want Axl and Kanye to do the douchebags and assholes song together. I think that would prob. make Kanye's year. But I can tell you right now, as soon as there's a photo of Kim Kardasian with Axl Rose together, people are going to flip the fuck out about Axl being a sellout.

That wouldn't make him a sellout, but I could never see that happening. Kanye knows Axl has a bigger and blacker Boat than he does :P

hahaha I'm kidding. But seriously I'd be fine with it, and I think GNR should play this fest.

Edited by AxlRose14

Oh please. The two things aren't that different. YOU have bias in how you're judging them. You can't have it both ways by saying, "the poll has a large margin of error and I don't trust it" while also saying, "it's not that bad. I kinda trust it."

Whatever, the point was about the comparison between the petition and the poll. It's apples and oranges.

If there was a poll where you could vote about wanting GN'R to play the festival (yes/no question), then you could start comparing.

Whatever, the point was about the comparison between the petition and the poll. It's apples and oranges.

If there was a poll where you could vote about wanting GN'R to play the festival (yes/no question), then you could start comparing.

I'm not the one trying to legitimize that poll. You flip flop on it every other post.

The poll could have been a bunch of Axl fans just as the petition could have been anti Axl fans. Very very similar.

I'm not the one trying to legitimize that poll. You flip flop on it every other post.

The poll could have been a bunch of Axl fans just as the petition could have been anti Axl fans. Very very similar.

The difference is that the petition is anti-GNR in nature, the poll isn't either positive or negative to begin with, it allows difference in opinion.

You haven't seem to have understood my point.

Let me ask you this: 350 people signed that petition, what does that tell you about general opinion? Specifically, how will you use that number to generate a conclusion on the perception of GNR?

Please tell me.

The difference is that the petition is anti-GNR in nature, the poll isn't either positive or negative to begin with, it allows difference in opinion.

You haven't seem to have understood my point.

Let me ask you this: 350 people signed that petition, what does that tell you about general opinion? Specifically, how will you use that number to generate a conclusion on the perception of GNR?

Please tell me.

General opinion of an audience that traditionally doesn't like bands like GNR? Do I really need to answer that for you?

General opinion of an audience that traditionally doesn't like bands like GNR? Do I really need to answer that for you?

You originally said

I assume your point was that some people here (including me) says that the CD poll has enough participants to gauge general opinion, but the same number signing a petition to remove Guns from a festival isn't enough. And that is stupid.

Am I right in my assumption?

Now, my point in all this was that there's a difference between a poll and a petition. The nature of the two of them is different.

If there was a petition where 1000 people was asked to sign, but only 350 did, then that's a different story. Then we can say that 35% of the population doesn't want GN'R to play the festival.

Of course I understand that all 350 of the people who signed the petition isn't a fan of the band, why else would they sign? In the CD poll there's always the chance that 90% of the voters are pro-Axl, but you don't know for sure, as opposed to the petition.

Ba. ha. ha.

The only way to tell if the number of people protesting has any merit is by comparing it to all the other current protests this year..........as well as comparing it to past year's protests. Of this festival.

If this is the only protest filed against a band playing the festival.........then 350 signatures is pretty significant.

But if the fans routinely protest certain acts, then you can compare the 350 signatures to all the other bands that have been protested against.

From just the last five years, where does this 350-signature protest rank in terms of the festivals list of protests?

If GNR are the second night of a 3 day festival, and going on last, as far as they're concerned, they got their money, GNR get paid, and people who want to see GNR will stick around.

If Axl isn't going to hide in his hotel or trailer, he's probably going to be watching the shows from the side.

• 1 month later...

I actually didn't read it because it's a dead horse at this point and boring.

Your avatar, wtf, lmao!!

$95 not to bad. Thanks for the info Powerage.

Can't find the official Governor's Ball thread, so bumping this one. Day tickets on sale on Friday, $95

Its pinned at the top of the DnN page.

Your avatar, wtf, lmao!!

>Can't find the official Governor's Ball thread, so bumping this one. Day tickets on sale on Friday, $95

It's pinned because I eventually found it after posting the ticket update here :tongue2:

Your avatar, wtf, lmao!!

>

>Can't find the official Governor's Ball thread, so bumping this one. Day tickets on sale on Friday, $95

>

It's pinned because I eventually found it after posting the ticket update here :tongue2:

Lol, just tryin to help. ;)

It sounds like the guy who started the petition only hates axl.....lol.....I guess if you look @ the attendance for days 1, 2, and 3 and see if the day guns headlines if their is a significant disparity will tell if they were a draw or hinderance

i think there's a big bridge and tunnel crowd that would totally support the shit out of a night featuring guns, def leppard or bon jovi. especially bon jovi. it's smart to mix in some classic rock nostalgia stuff alongside the more modern stuff.

Excuse my ignorance, but what's a "bridge and tunnel crowd"? :huh:

i think there's a big bridge and tunnel crowd that would totally support the shit out of a night featuring guns, def leppard or bon jovi. especially bon jovi. it's smart to mix in some classic rock nostalgia stuff alongside the more modern stuff.

Excuse my ignorance, but what's a "bridge and tunnel crowd"? :huh:

jersey folks.