Are There People Here Who Prefer CD Over the UYI Albums?

ChristmasFnatic

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LIES kicks ass, I like to think of it as an extension of Appetite. Great lyrics, great vocals and we get to hear the band in its sleazy punk fueled form (Reckless Life), down to its bare bones blues roots (One in a Million).

UYI 1> AFD> UYI 2> Lies> SI> CD

Lies is a joke.

Fillers don't make for a great album. Also there was no continuity in UYI. It didn't flow. Was like they recorded everything they had and picked the song list/sequence out of a hat. Release songs like Back Off Bitch, Bad Apples, Breakdown, Don't cry alt, Dead Horse, Bad Obsession (good song, badly executed), GITR, Shotgun Blues, So Fine and My world another way for the fans if need be but not thrown on the album.

If I had UY1 UY2 and CD lined up side by side and had to get rid of one. It would be CD. But...

Twat > My World. I'll give CD that.

Even if it is filler, it's still music made by some of my favorite musicians. Where as CD only has one musician who was my favorite with a rotating cast of session people and a lot of cut and paste.

If I had UY1 UY2 and CD lined up side by side and had to get rid of one. It would be CD. But...

Even if it is filler, it's still music made by some of my favorite musicians. Where as CD only has one musician who was my favorite with a rotating cast of session people and a lot of cut and paste.

lol you're stupid...

Then you come to the wrong forum, you belong to a VR one. There you have 4 musicians making better tracks than current GNR.

Absolutely not.

I love Chinese Democracy, but even with the filler on the Illusions, they feature some of Guns' greatest work.

There are comparatively "good" songs on CD, but on the whole, stuff like "Civil War," "Estranged," "November Rain," "You Could Be Mine" are on another level.

I love Chinese Democracy. It absolutely competes with the Illusion albums, IMO, but I think it's an incredible record that will never get the full credit. It bums me they never released videos and put effort into it that I hoped and thought they would.

I don't know if I like it more than appeitite, but I think you're in denial if you don't think it competes with the quality of the ilusions records. Is it better? I'm not sure.

Edited by AxlRose14

Then you come to the wrong forum, you belong to a VR one. There you have 4 musicians making better tracks than current GNR.

Current GNR hasn't released anything.Hell, we don't even have the chinese democracy leftovers, which Axl promised at one point. I feel like this would be a hell of a debate had those leaked or been released.

The best songs on UYI are better than the best songs on CD. The worst songs on UYI are a lot worse than the worst songs on CD. On that assessment, CD wins by a nose.

Agreed with this except for my conclusion would be that the Illusions (UYI II in particular for me) win by a nose. IMHO "Estranged" and "Coma" are quite possibly the greatest GN'R songs (and therefore some of the greatest songs in rock history) they've ever recorded. Chinese definitely has its moments ("Shackler's Revenge", "Better", "TWAT", "CITR", "Prostitute") but nothing that quite reaches those levels IMHO. Chinese is a very worthy follow-up to the Illusions IMHO though- particulary once folks divorce themselves a bit from the personnel changes (which is admittedly no easy task)...