What do you honestly think would happen if....

OJones90

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe slash was at one of the 2001 shows and axl had him thrown out before the show.

My first thought is that slash would say hi or something, and axl would just ignore him, but that seems overly rude considering they used to be great friends. I think maybe they would talk for a minute or two, but I doubt it would go any further.

Were they ever great friends though. Other than the period pre AFD when they shared lodgings out of necessity I have never got the impression they were particularly close. Admittedly this impression is gained partly from Slash's autobiography which may be skewed but it didn't seem like they hung out together and had very different sets of friends. I wonder sometimes if we are mistaken about how well they got on from the start, no doubt they had some professional chemistry but their personalities seem quite at odds with each other.

That's exactly my thoughts. I get the impression that slash was important to axl as a friend not the other way around. Someone asked marc about this and he said that axl is very emotional and slash valued him more as a coworker. Basically same thing i think. Slash seems a bit cold in his biography in general.

Edited by useyorappetite

I believe slash was at one of the 2001 shows and axl had him thrown out before the show.

My first thought is that slash would say hi or something, and axl would just ignore him, but that seems overly rude considering they used to be great friends. I think maybe they would talk for a minute or two, but I doubt it would go any further.

Were they ever great friends though. Other than the period pre AFD when they shared lodgings out of necessity I have never got the impression they were particularly close. Admittedly this impression is gained partly from Slash's autobiography which may be skewed but it didn't seem like they hung out together and had very different sets of friends. I wonder sometimes if we are mistaken about how well they got on from the start, no doubt they had some professional chemistry but their personalities seem quite at odds with each other.

That's exactly my thoughts. I get the impression that slash was important to axl as a friend not the other way around. Someone asked marc about this and he said that axl is very emotional and slash valued him more as a coworker. Basically same thing i think. Slash seems a bit cold in his biography in general.

I sort of get that impression about Slash but I wonder if it is just symptomatic of years of addiction. It's well documented that addicts become very selfish and inward looking. Also reading his autobiography I get the feeling he only half remembers a lot of stuff and I imagine it is difficult to attach real emotions to stuff that is a bit of a blur. If Axl was less intoxicated during this period it would be easy to see how he might feel more strongly about things.

......Axl and Slash actually met? LIke, accidentally. I'm sure it's come close to happening a lot of times over the years, one that comes to mind is last year or the year before at some German rock festival? Where Slash played the day after GNR if I remember correctly.

I've just been thinking about it after watching some of the London 2010 vids, since Axl supposedly bumped into Duff by accident. Not spoken for 18+ years or something wild like that, then they meet and become friends again with no hard feelings between the two, even getting Duff onstage with them.

Do you think there's a possibility the same thing could happen if Axl was to accidentally bump into Slash somewhere? Or would you expect them to argue, or simply stay out of each other's way?

Personally, despite the lawsuits, silly insults over the years and whatnot, I actually think it would be better than people think.

It'd be cool. But chances are team Brazil would tackle Slash and yell "RUN AXL, RUUUN!!!"

That would make absolute sense with this interview with Axl from 1988. And thats 1988, before all the Illusion shit, where it was obvious as a band they grew apart over time. So even in 88, they weren't as close as we all think/assume. They worked very well together, but had vastly different opinions and friends and on a level it did seem to be more GNR was a job in the way that every person in the band wasn't in love with each other. Axl and Izzy love each other, Steven loves Slash (and Slash probably has similar feelings because of their childhood). Thats about it. Duff and Slash seem close as well. Other than that, doesn't seem like anyone other than Izzy and Axl are lifelong friends.

At 1:55 -

I honestly think Axl would go right by Slash, but I bet Axl has his people make sure that whereever Axl goes, Slash is no where around! lol

Give it up! Never gonna happen. I honestly don't care if Axl ever talks to Slash again and it seems Axl is dead set on it. It's been a long time and somethings can't be forgiving or forgotten.

......Axl and Slash actually met? LIke, accidentally. I'm sure it's come close to happening a lot of times over the years, one that comes to mind is last year or the year before at some German rock festival? Where Slash played the day after GNR if I remember correctly.

I've just been thinking about it after watching some of the London 2010 vids, since Axl supposedly bumped into Duff by accident. Not spoken for 18+ years or something wild like that, then they meet and become friends again with no hard feelings between the two, even getting Duff onstage with them.

Do you think there's a possibility the same thing could happen if Axl was to accidentally bump into Slash somewhere? Or would you expect them to argue, or simply stay out of each other's way?

Personally, despite the lawsuits, silly insults over the years and whatnot, I actually think it would be better than people think.

It'd be cool. But chances are team Brazil would tackle Slash and yell "RUN AXL, RUUUN!!!"

LMAO! And how long before Slash overpower Team Brazil? And by then, how far did Axl ran? Will he leave DJ and Dizzy to defend his path?

To those of you suggesting that Axl/Slash may have spoke over the past decade and a half are sadly mistaken. The last conversation between the two of them took place in 1996. I happen to know this for a fact.

In regard to those idiots labeling Beta/Fernando, etc as "dicksuckers", would you please quanitfy that statement? The reason I ask is, I happen to know for a fact that they are both very nice and intelligent people who have absolutely zero to do with the long running bittnerness between Axl/Slash. Please try and have a clue as to what in the fuck you are actually talking about prior to making yourself look like a complete and utter asshole on the internet. Seriously.

To those of you suggesting that Axl/Slash may have spoke over the past decade and a half are sadly mistaken. The last conversation between the two of them took place in 1996. I happen to know this for a fact.

In regard to those idiots labeling Beta/Fernando, etc as "dicksuckers", would you please quanitfy that statement? The reason I ask is, I happen to know for a fact that they are both very nice and intelligent people who have absolutely zero to do with the long running bittnerness between Axl/Slash. Please try and have a clue as to what in the fuck you are actually talking about prior to making yourself look like a complete and utter asshole on the internet. Seriously.

Fact- you can't prove your "facts".

Fact- you can't prove your "facts".

All suppositions.. the fact is no-one can control Axl and we know this for a fact, he earn the right to do whatever he likes and he seems to really embrace friendship. Some ppl on this forum don't know what friendship is, they are alone in this world and in his thoughts and i think there is the real reason for all the hating around here.

What was that about suppositions? lol