Eddie Trunk: "Attention GNR fans, Mark you calendars for 3/9 starting 8P ET on Vh1 Classic Video 6 pack hosted by me, full new concert, Axl TMS"

The Real McCoy

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome if it's true.

It's true, just hope it's not pulled at the last minute. At least we know they're doing something for TV and something for home video. He probably can't go into details, and it'll probably be edited for TV. We'll have to wait for the official word now. I don't know if VH1 Classic does widescreen, or we'll have to wait until it's on Palladia.

They're in Australia in March, so they probably won't be doing much in the way of promoting it.

Edited by dalsh327

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Good move from the camp! Personal and performance exposure. I wonder will this entail a second sit-down with Axl or perhaps unscreened content from the last.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

They're in Australia in March, so they probably won't be doing much in the way of promoting it.

It's a VH1 project not a new album. The fact GN'R will be on tour should itself suffice. A few tweets will cover whatever necessary promotion. The rest is up to the programmers.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

So what is this a documentry on the 02 show or what?

I'm speculating but I think a separate Trunk show about the band (interviews etc.) as well as the O2 DVD. I don't suspect the programme will specifically relate to the gig in question. It'll be like a package for the fans.

It's a VH1 project not a new album. The fact GN'R will be on tour should itself suffice. A few tweets will cover whatever necessary promotion. The rest is up to the programmers.

It'll get a lot of play on VH1 Classic and esp. Palladia.

They had a bunch of unused stuff from Florida, did a special TMS in Vegas (even though they weren't there just for the GNR concert) - maybe GNR already did a promo for them.

So what is this a documentry on the 02 show or what?

It's the concert that got sidelined by the 3D movie (or did it?). He's just doing a "rock block" of videos, hosting it in a bar, and probably throwing in some footage TMS shot that might have been edited out from the Axl interview.