Paradise City featured in the trailer for the new movie "The Internship." Does this work against nΣw Guns?

saber_

In the trailer for the new movie "The Internship," Paradise City is featured

Who is in control of licensing the song? Axl? Axl and other past members? Who?

Does featuring a song from a previous iteration of Guns work against the musicians who are currently in the band? Why or why not?

Why would Axl attempt to censor a GN'R song like Paradise City (which he closes current live shows with/created an exclusive backplane in the name of/features in promos for gigs around the planet) from popular culture? That wouldn't make any sense whatsoever, any.

It could lead to people googling paradisecity, which in turn will lead to GN'R's brand new backplane.

You guys do realize that most of the songs that are played in the trailers are NOT part of the soundtrack right? The trailers are made in production, when the film is not even scored yet most times. I seriously doubt that song will be in the film. They just pick a song that suits the mood of the trailer.

Your welcome.

Edited by Gunzen

The thing is that the band that is out there called Guns N' Roses today has nothing to do with that song. Actually the band that is currently called Guns N' Roses in not responsible for any great song that anybody would bother including in a movie. So using the Axl Rose logic, that the old band is damned, cursed and evil because Slash was in it, it is not a positive turn of events.

The thing is that the band that is out there called Guns N' Roses today has nothing to do with that song. Actually the band that is currently called Guns N' Roses in not responsible for any great song that anybody would bother including in a movie. So using the Axl Rose logic, that the old band is damned, cursed and evil because Slash was in it, it is not a positive turn of events.

no one used that logic man...im just saying there's only one GUNS N' ROSES like it or not...and they're still out there...this is not a "new" band that appeared out of thin air...im not defending them im just saying that these kind of topics are pointless and stupid...a movie used a gnr song that's it...

the fact that movies dont use CHD songs is not because the songs are bad...it's cuz of the popularity.

btw

For the record, when I heard "If The World" at the end of Body of Lies, I thought it was pretty fuckin cool. I like that song. It may be a little overproduced, but I'll never forget hearing it for the first time at the end of BoL. I thought the track fit reeeeally well at the end of the film, and it re-ignited my intrigue into nΣw Guns. The video posted above doesn't really convey the vibe, so check out this link below (squished aspect ratio notwithstanding).

Oh... by the way, this thread wasn't meant to be some "extreme opinion" warfare type thing. I think it's a valid topic to discuss, given there's not much else going on in the world of GNR. I think it's interesting for people to just share their opinions about the specter of the old band looming over the new band.

I'm not opposed to old songs being used. That's not what this thread is about. I love hearing an old GnR song being played during a sporting event. I was elated when Formula 1 used a GnR song during a pre-race show. I get warm fuzzys hearing WTTJ being played at American sporting events.

The thing is that the band that is out there called Guns N' Roses today has nothing to do with that song.

So therefore it's a valid topic of conversation to discuss in this section, no?

Although, I would add... Axl did indeed actually have something to do with it. :hahafyou:

Edited by brainsaber

You guys do realize that most of the songs that are played in the trailers are NOT part of the soundtrack right? The trailers are made in production, when the film is not even scored yet most times. I seriously doubt that song will be in the film. They just pick a song that suits the mood of the trailer.

Your welcome.

Ok? Who said itd b on the soundtrack or in the film?

Your welcome.

Don't know until the movie's out. They still had to pay to use the song.

There's cases where an artist doesn't like their song being used on a radio show though.

http://blog.chron.com/hottopics/2012/03/rockers-rush-gabriel-want-music-off-limbaugh-show/

The time when you hear someone wanting their music taken out of something is a presidential election.