This is the worst thing I've ever heard

bacardimayne

If only they had recorded '10 02 London show 2 years back.... :no:

They did, just not with a shit-ton of cameras.

Kind of like how Queen had two nights at Wembley in 1986 - the Saturday show had like 15 camera angles and was released officially, while the Friday show was only like a 5-camera shoot and sat unreleased up until a few years ago when it got released on DVD:

Don't bring Freddie in this sea of shit by any cause. It's sacrilegious.

Point is, I'd rather have one of the London 2010 shows released with only a few camera angles as opposed to London 2012 with 50 angles.

The screenshot footage starting at 0:46 here gives you an idea of what it would look like:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't even know about this leak occurring. What's the deal? The whole show is online then?

Not exactly Axl's best night. I knew that from the bootlegs. He gets overpowered a lot by the backup singers like Ron on choruses.

I do think at this point perhaps he just won't ever fully be able to recuperate his voice even to an '06 standard, but surely the usual suggestions -- losing some weight, cardio, more vocal training/practicing rehearsals with the band -- would produce a vast improvement. Who knows.

They shoulda released Dublin 2010. My favorite show from the current lineup by far. Especially given the shenaniganry and him being all pissed off, standing almost motionless after he came back on stage. Epic performance.

I actually agree. The 40 minute break could be a DVD extra.

Well in that case, let us reflect upon the infamous and infamously good sounding Dublin 2010 show:

Edited by brainsaber

You guys are overeacting about Sorry. Not Axl's best at all, particularly around the bridge, although he almost recovers with his extended 'siiiiing' - although the next line unfortunately suffered as a result.

But Ashba's solo was shockingly badly phrased. Yes he played the correct notes, but damn that had no feeling.

EDIT:

14 years is hilarious though

Edited by oxocubeingravy

C'mon guys, give the man a break. Almost all rock singers sound like shit when they age, especially the ones that used to sing really high.

I could give you a lot more examples. Just face it already and be glad this isn't 2002 - 2005 all over again.

Edited by GunsN^Roses

Sorry is a decent studio song and a HORRIBLE live song. It completely breaks the mood. That's when you realize you're physically tired, when you notice the guy next to you stinks, etc... Dropping Sorry out of the setlist has been the best thing Axl has done since including Civil War as a staple. Sorry is just not a live song. TIL should be dropped too but Sorry...

At least in 02-05 there was an album to look forward to.

Was there really an album to look forward to? Having zero communication about the band/Axl, Buckethead leaving, the band appeared quite dead. I remember the topics back than and the current stupid topics could be considered news back than.

If I had to choose between this and the 2002 - 2005 period, I would take 2013 Axl singing any time.

I thought his voice was ok frankly. I guess I just don't hear it anymore...

Besides, I mainly focus on the band and, bar the occasional Ashba fuck-up, they sound amazing.

This is pretty much what I've been saying. The instrumental is so fkn good that I barely pay attention to Axl.

But Ashba's solo was shockingly badly phrased. Yes he played the correct notes, but damn that had no feeling.

Ha, finally someone mentioned that. He simply can't hit the notes at the right time. The best part of the Sorry solo is the silence between the notes, but no, Ashba HAS to fuck up that too. It's like he knows the notes, but not when to play them.

Seriously, Cardi? This was the worst thing? Even worse than the Bridge School? You gotta be kidding. :tongue2::rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :popcorn:

Yeah but I agree his Sorry rendition wasn't at all great. I did mention it in the London show thread. Didn't sound like Sorry at all to me. I've only managed to watch around an hour into the show yesterday and...not all were bad. I enjoyed many songs too, thought some were very good.

complain when there is nothing going on with this band, complain when they release a show thats gonna be on tv. The guys 51 years old, he is never going to sound like he did in his 20s. Itd be nice to log onto this forum and see something other than useless, over exaggerated topics. If you dont like the band, SHOVE ITTTTTTT! The music sounds better than nothing to me...

The guys 51 years old, he is never going to sound like he did in his 20s.

Yes, of course.

However when people care enough to criticize, that means they still care and love you, and want you to take the criticism up to the next level to improve and be better coz they want the person or the band they love to be the greatest.

complain when there is nothing going on with this band, complain when they release a show thats gonna be on tv. The guys 51 years old, he is never going to sound like he did in his 20s. Itd be nice to log onto this forum and see something other than useless, over exaggerated topics. If you dont like the band, SHOVE ITTTTTTT! The music sounds better than nothing to me...

That's a great attitude to have as a fan......

/intense sarcasm

Nothing would stop this dolt from getting his voice back if he got into shape and rehearsed to get his voice back. He did the first in 2006-07 and then the latter in 2009-10. And the instrumentals? Yeah because I'd go to a GN'R concert because I care about hired hands.

The guys 51 years old, he is never going to sound like he did in his 20s.

Yes, of course.

However when people care enough to criticize, that means they still care and love you, and want you to take the criticism up to the next level to improve and be better coz they want the person or the band they love to be the greatest.

We have a winner.

Sorry is much better on the album VS the live version. Not Axl's best on stage but some of you are bicthing and moaning like old ladies here. Its not that great of a performance, Ive never heard Axl nail it live. The other song clips sound really good. Be happy we are getting something broadcast on national TV no less.

Edited by GnRFL

Sorry is much better on the album VS the live version. Not Axl's best on stage but some of you are bicthing and moaning like old ladies here. Its not that great of a performance, Ive never heard Axl nail it live. The other song clips sound really good. Be happy we are getting something broadcast on national TV no less.

This. While it wasn`t great, there have definitely been worse performances than this one, it really isn`t that bad.

Bunch of drama queens around here.