Australia sends New GNR a message.....Not interested.

Schnippy

It's amazing how people want to see the band they supposedly love, fall on their arse.

I disagree. Most people want Axl and the band to succeed. I think everybody would be much more positive if Axl released albums more frequently, kept in contact with his fans and GnR was putting on awesome concerts, where Axl's voice was strong, and they were selling out 80,000 seat venues.

No, I disagree, I think people here had an unrealistic idea of what it means to be 51 and have done it all before. There are a bunch of bitter fans out there who either missed it the first time, or feel entitled that fail to realize that the dude is winding down his career, and just cause they feel they know him better than he does, they don't

I have been to two shows in the last two years, and they sounded great, but not "perfect" but you need to put shit on context. It is almost as if people think he is going to live forever, figuratively not metaphorically. Get the fuck over it, my goodness.

Edited by Gunzen

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing how people want to see the band they supposedly love, fall on their arse.

I disagree. Most people want Axl and the band to succeed. I think everybody would be much more positive if Axl released albums more frequently, kept in contact with his fans and GnR was putting on awesome concerts, where Axl's voice was strong, and they were selling out 80,000 seat venues.

No, I disagree, I think people here had an unrealistic idea of what it means to be 51 and have done it all before.

Yeah, tell that to Bon Joni.

5272875285_9b690ca665_m.jpg

I am 50/50 on it, as I said. But it is in line with the person who removes Slash t-shirts from venues (and he does do this: you cannot whitewash it any other way).

I have never seen one picture, or video with this, and actually not one person I have seen say this. In a day and age where literally EVERYONE HAS A PHONE CAMERA, you are going to tell me that NOBODY took a pic, or recorded it. It is an urban legend, and Richard Gere put gerbils in his butt, Rod Stewert had a ball of sperm in his stomach etc. Anyone who is gullible enough to believe that is ridiculous ignorant.

People who want to believe stuff like this WANT Axl to fail. Seriously dude, have you heard gullible was removed from the dictionary? :rofl-lol:

No, I disagree, I think people here had an unrealistic idea of what it means to be 51 and have done it all before.

I not everyone is the same tell that to the other 5,000 rock stars for every Bon Jovi. BTW, BoN Jovi is a family man, and a fit fucker. Axl Rose IMO may been a tad harder on himself. And again, while Bon Jovi is a good point, how bout Mike Reno, he still wears his bandana too...

l.jpg

There are all levels of aging. Axl looks to be somewhere in the middle. Bon Jovi was a fucking Calvin Kline model. Do you really think Bon Jovi is a fair comparison? He is the norm? I would rather be a has been than a never was.

Bon Jovi is still huge anywhere in the world, because of several facts:

- the band is still intact and tight after 30 years... Jon Bon Jovi without Sambora for instance would be crucified in the public eyes as much as Axl without Slash...

- Jon is still very fit and 'good looking' at 51

- Jon promotes his band in a lot of ways

- Bon Jovi still make a lot music, while most of it being shitty, the fact is that it keeps them fresh in the music news

That being said they're still as much a nostalgia act as is Gn'R and they gotta keep playing the good ol'hits on live shows.

This thread is hilarious. Schippy acts like Guns are the first band to ever do a 2 for 1 deal. Newsflash, I got a 2 for 1 on Rush tickets and they're a huge, viable live act, and on Megadeth/Motorhead. Guess no one is interested in those bands.

Also - nice spin doctoring. You criticize GNR but this benefits the KISS/Crue tour just as much.

It's called marketing. Lots of tours do it.

They added a second show in Melbourne and downsized Newcastle. I'd say that sounds like a draw. They fact that certain people want to declare a tour a failure over a week before it happens, and the fact that ticket sales apparently mean more to them than the music, is kinda sad.

This. I work in radio, do you know how often that promoters do this regardless of who the act is?

There's a really why they're called "promoters" after all.

This thread is hilarious. Schippy acts like Guns are the first band to ever do a 2 for 1 deal. Newsflash, I got a 2 for 1 on Rush tickets and they're a huge, viable live act, and on Megadeth/Motorhead. Guess no one is interested in those bands.

Also - nice spin doctoring. You criticize GNR but this benefits the KISS/Crue tour just as much.

It's called marketing. Lots of tours do it.

They added a second show in Melbourne and downsized Newcastle. I'd say that sounds like a draw. They fact that certain people want to declare a tour a failure over a week before it happens, and the fact that ticket sales apparently mean more to them than the music, is kinda sad.

This. I work in radio, do you know how often that promoters do this regardless of who the act is?

There's a really why they're called "promoters" after all.

*reason

sorry :D

Well,as we can see after Perth packed and almost soldout show :

-Your topic is shit

-You're an dicksucker

-Australia sends gnr a message -interested

C'mon, really necessary? So he made a topic that was factually inaccurate...not worthy of calling him a dicksucker.

-Your topic is shit

-You're an dicksucker

C'mon, really necessary? So he made a topic that was factually inaccurate...not worthy of calling him a dicksucker.

Topic IS shit though

-Your topic is shit

-You're an dicksucker

:rofl-lol:

LOLLLL funny post made funnier by bad grammer! Still funny though.

-Your topic is shit

-You're an dicksucker

For someone who's probably a non-native English speaker, he didn't do badly at all. There was one error on an indefinite article and he missed out an apostrophe and the letter 's' for possession. So, unless someone's a grammar Nazi, that was a pretty good effort. Good on him for calling out a negative shit-stirrer trying to pull down his favorite band.

-Your topic is shit

-You're an dicksucker

For someone who's probably a non-native English speaker, he didn't do badly at all. There was one error on an indefinite article and he missed out an apostrophe and the letter 's' for possession. So, unless someone's a grammar Nazi, that was a pretty good effort. Good on him for calling out a negative shit-stirrer trying to pull down his favorite band.

Chill brooo. I said it was a funny post in general, I wasn't bagging out the bad grammer, it made it funnier.

-Your topic is shit

-You're an dicksucker

he missed out an apostrophe and the letter 's' for possession.

LOL what?

-Your topic is shit

-You're an dicksucker

Chill brooo. I said it was a funny post in general, I wasn't bagging out the bad grammer, it made it funnier.

Grammar* ;)

-Your topic is shit

-You're an dicksucker

Grammar* ;)

Hehe, there you go! I'm a native English speaker and I still make mistakes.

Well considering from pictures I've seen parts off the arena were curtained off I wouldn't exactly start acting like GNR sold the place out in 10 minutes.

Also, thousands of seats remain unsold for the next show.

I'm not taking sides but people shouldn't be surprised GNR got a few thousand people inside a building, at the same times it's a shame GNR can't sell out arenas anymore. God knows how bad it's gonna be in 5 years. If they are still active.

Well considering from pictures I've seen parts off the arena were curtained off I wouldn't exactly start acting like GNR sold the place out in 10 minutes.

Also, thousands of seats remain unsold for the next show.

I'm not taking sides but people shouldn't be surprised GNR got a few thousand people inside a building, at the same times it's a shame GNR can't sell out arenas anymore. God knows how bad it's gonna be in 5 years. If they are still active.

another shitty post...and another ballsucker ..lol...how do you know there are thousands unsold places for another show...in 2002 people talking shit whick you talkin in 2013,but they are huge...

I not everyone is the same tell that to the other 5,000 rock stars for every Bon Jovi. BTW, BoN Jovi is a family man, and a fit fucker. Axl Rose IMO may been a tad harder on himself. And again, while Bon Jovi is a good point, how bout Mike Reno, he still wears his bandana too...

l.jpg

There are all levels of aging. Axl looks to be somewhere in the middle. Bon Jovi was a fucking Calvin Kline model. Do you really think Bon Jovi is a fair comparison? He is the norm? I would rather be a has been than a never was.

Is that Axl ?

I think there doing ok, they got paid $1 million in 2010 to play ANZ stadium in Sydney, different time now, there isn't the same amount of promotion as when they played in 2010 (eg they had promotional campaign running with the telstra v8s etc, I haven't even seen any commercials on tv this time around)

heres a photo I took when i was on the barrier of that concert in 2010

img0109qn.jpg

Noone is there. Just like Tommy was used to with The 'Mats.....LOL.

Umm, I was there and there were heaps of people. In the Newspaper the next day in Sydney they stated that there was 61,500 people in attendance. It just looks like its empty in that bad photo because of the angle. That stadium with people standing on the ground would possibly hold about 150,00 people.

Now gratned that it was tied into the V8 car racing ticket, but I would say that 61,500 people would be one of the biggest GnR have played to in a very long time.

I remember Axl on stage even came out and said "Wow - there are alot of people out there"...

I'm going to laugh when he debuts the new shit in Australia and the people who go to see an amazing show get rewarded. All the haters will be scrambling to find tickets. Mark my words. You'll all be back here sucking on the teet of W. Axl Rose.

My theory is Axl has tuned his voice up to do the CD era songs and that vocal doesnt work with other songs. Or that do epic songs like Estranged and such huge sets just means simetimes his voice cracks a bit.