Forum Upgraded to 3.4.3

highvoltage

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I barely notice any difference in the new quoting, and I can live with small differences like that. I'm happy the forums back to normal! Also highvoltage, don't change the red color on all the Attitude stuff, it looks cool. :awesomeface:

Red was the colour we originally wanted in there but I changed it later as its just not as readable as we'd like. Its only back because the skinner used his original skin and not the one I'd tweaked.

I'd love a red banner for attitude though, if anyone's feeling creative... :)

It continues to baffle me what a bunch of ungrateful shits some people on here are.

Keep up the good work HV!

Yep. This...

Highvoltage, thanks for all your work. We all appreciate it. I saw the original skin back today and was happy it's back.

....and THIS!

Well done High' you're a star mate :)

I noticed that one. :(

I'm looking into what can be done.

Also, on iOS devices, sometimes users avatars aren't the right ones. Like RedHeads avatar on Bellastar. And instead of a skin, yesterday tsunta owned the forum. His avatar was everywhere. Sometimes a users pic will be in places of mygnrforum logo.

Thanks guys, I'll sort the font sizes/Attitude out shortly.

The new quote system was pretty polarizing on the Invision forums, but the editor in general has been overhauled significantly (it's less buggy in general) so it's worth the nusiance/getting used to.

If you ever have any glitches when quoting, hit the BBCode switch QuAKpPN.png to get a stripped down editor where you can see the tags instead.

What's the BBCode switch you guys are talking about? I don't think I have one of those. :(

Thanks guys, I'll sort the font sizes/Attitude out shortly.

The new quote system was pretty polarizing on the Invision forums, but the editor in general has been overhauled significantly (it's less buggy in general) so it's worth the nusiance/getting used to.

If you ever have any glitches when quoting, hit the BBCode switch QuAKpPN.png to get a stripped down editor where you can see the tags instead.

What's the BBCode switch you guys are talking about? I don't think I have one of those. :(
WonLHzf.png Edited by bacardimayne

Occasionally, I'll quote someone and I can't get out of the quote, so to speak. In other words, when I'm in the message editor, there's no way to "escape" out of the quote. I've seen this issue with several other posters too- their responses are actually within the quote. I tried alt-return and shift-return, and a few other tricks. In order to get around it, I have to back out and re-quote it.

What I'm asking is: how can I start typing outside the quoted text when there's not a free line after the quoted text?

Really low priority, as it doesn't happen all the time, but it happens often enough I thought I'd mention it here.

Edit: I just re-read my post and forgot some grammatical things. The additions are in white background/black text.

Edited by brainsaber

Occasionally, I'll quote someone and I can't get out the quote, so to speak. In other words, when I'm the message editor, there's no way to "escape" out of the quote. I've seen this issue with several other posters too- their responses are actually within the quote. I tried alt-return and shift-return, and a few other tricks. In order to get around it, I have to back out and re-quote it.

What I'm asking is: how can I start typing outside the quoted text when there's not a free line after the quoted text?

Really low priority, as it doesn't happen all the time, but it happens often enough I thought I'd mention it here.

I haven't had this happen to me, but try switching to the BBCode editor and you should be able to "escape" the quote from there by putting your cusor after the [ /quote ] tag.

@highvoltage:

Ooh, good idea. I often use the bbc code editor to rename the displayed link text, so I'll try it out next time I get 'stuck' in a quote.

@wfse/broski:

I've hit enter twice several times and it didn't work. However, I'll try hitting enter extra times if that's the general theme.

I'll report back on results.

Remember to keep count and let us know the lucky number that escapes the impenetrable quote box.

It worked. I dunno how many times exactly, as I just started pedaling the enter key, but I'd guess in between 2 and 5 times.

Thanks broski.

However, I'm encountering two other issues on a regular basis:

#1 Sometimes, without my knowledge, my font will get changed to size 14 instead of 12. Not sure what's causing it (sure go ahead, make jokes), but in this most recent instance (just now), I know for a fact I wasn't playing around with any font features, etc. I just typed a response to a quote and when it was posted, for some reason my response was in font size 14.

#2 Occasionally, I run into an issue where the BBC code editor won't display the url tags around the URL. In other words, if I want to change the displayed text of a link(ie change the abbreviated link to something else), switching to the BBC code editor just shows me the plain URL. Interestingly when this happens, even in preview mode the message will show the abbreviated URL- indicative of a URL tag in use, but going into the bbc code editor doesn't show me URL tag which is creating the abbreviated link. When this issue happens, I have to "manually" create my own URL tags in order to rename the link text.