Let's find a band better than current GNR..

Russel Nash

There are lots of better bands in terms of consistent output, fan friendly, good live shows but it is really dependent on whether you enjoy their music or not. Green Day springs to mind as a band that have been going as long as Axl and have remained intact and released very regularly, however I prefer GNR's music on the whole (possibly with the exception of Dookie).

Foo Fighters, Avenged Sevenfold, AC/DC, Metallica, Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Van Halen, Wolfmother, Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, Radiohead, Coldplay.

It doesn't mean they're better. There's no such thing as better band. Taste is relative. It's a choice that only belongs to you. But i can guarantee you can expect more from any of those bands then the current form of GNR we have.

Foo Fighters keep releasing albums, Avenged Sevenfold is an exciting "new" band, their last 3 albums are awesome!, AC/DC... Whenever they don't release a new album, which they have, they will have a new dvd out or a new live cd out...sometimes even both. Bon Jovi releases plenty of albums. Almost every year there's a new album, and considering today's music, their music is awesome, Bruce Springsteen releases a lot of music as well, he's always on tour. Van Halen have released a great new album, they tour all over the World (i guess this is the closest you can have to GNR, but still Van Halen have released more albums then GNR and have had more exciting things then GNR), Wolfmother is another exciting "new" band.

Marilyn Manson: Well, his music hasn't been exciting for awhile now. In my opinion Hollywood was the last great album from Manson, but they do release an album in every year to 2 years span.

Nine Inch Nails: They're back, and we all know what they can do. For those that like it... it's a good choice. I love their marketing strategy. The one for Year Zero was absolutely phenomenal and it surely got me enough interested to buy some of their albums. The music is different but great too. The last album was phenomenal. And that rehearsal dvd with Robin and Josh in the band is phenomenal.

Radiohead: Don't have any cds from them. Only know them as a casual fan who listened to the singles. I heard they're albums are pretty good even though they're not really my style.

Coldplay: For some people they're too mainstream, but i find them to be a very cool band. Very nice albums! And they're very active as well most of the times.

Foo Fighters, Avenged Sevenfold, AC/DC, Metallica, Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Van Halen, Wolfmother, Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, Radiohead, Coldplay.

It doesn't mean they're better. There's no such thing as better band. Taste is relative. It's a choice that only belongs to you. But i can guarantee you can expect more from any of those bands then the current form of GNR we have.

Foo Fighters keep releasing albums, Avenged Sevenfold is an exciting "new" band, their last 3 albums are awesome!, AC/DC... Whenever they don't release a new album, which they have, they will have a new dvd out or a new live cd out...sometimes even both. Bon Jovi releases plenty of albums. Almost every year there's a new album, and considering today's music, their music is awesome, Bruce Springsteen releases a lot of music as well, he's always on tour. Van Halen have released a great new album, they tour all over the World (i guess this is the closest you can have to GNR, but still Van Halen have released more albums then GNR and have had more exciting things then GNR), Wolfmother is another exciting "new" band.

Marilyn Manson: Well, his music hasn't been exciting for awhile now. In my opinion Hollywood was the last great album from Manson, but they do release an album in every year to 2 years span.

Nine Inch Nails: They're back, and we all know what they can do. For those that like it... it's a good choice. I love their marketing strategy. The one for Year Zero was absolutely phenomenal and it surely got me enough interested to buy some of their albums. The music is different but great too. The last album was phenomenal. And that rehearsal dvd with Robin and Josh in the band is phenomenal.

Radiohead: Don't have any cds from them. Only know them as a casual fan who listened to the singles. I heard they're albums are pretty good even though they're not really my style.

Coldplay: For some people they're too mainstream, but i find them to be a very cool band. Very nice albums! And they're very active as well most of the times.

Good.. if that's true you have plenty of forums to post your dumb thoughts.

Did you really make this silly little cupcake thread just to be able to tell some people this? Fucking hell....

Jack White.

I really like the White Stripes and the Raconteurs, especially live. But with Jack's solo effort i feel something's missing.

Radiohead - Ok Computer is a brilliant album, everyone should have a copy IMO.

Did you really make this silly little cupcake thread just to be able to tell some people this? Fucking hell....

Nope, but there's some truth there. See, we're all here for a reason, even the heaters. You can bash GNR all you want, GNR is probably the best band on tour/making records right now.

Nope, but there's some truth there. See, we're all here for a reason, even the heaters. You can bash GNR all you want, GNR is probably the best band on tour/making records right now.

Let's put it like this. People who don't think GnR is the greatest band in the world have every right to be here and voice their opinions. People that don't agree with everything Axl says and does have every right to be here and voice their opinions. People who essentially love Guns n' Roses but disagree with the direction Axl is taking it in have every right to be here and voice their opinions. You seem like one of the people (though not the worst) who pick an argument with anyone who expresses their discontent with some aspect of GnR. What's worse, some of these people (volcano, brainsaber, MSL) keep overly emphasizing that and acting as if everything Axl does is good. Like he shits flowers and farts rainbows. Religiously and completely unrealistically praising everything he does (or actually...doesn't) straight into heaven. To me, that's pure trolling and lacks any sense of realism. It annoys the living crap out of me.

Also - In what universe is GnR making records? :huh:

Let's put it like this. People who don't think GnR is the greatest band in the world have every right to be here and voice their opinions. People that don't agree with everything Axl says and does have every right to be here and voice their opinions. People who essentially love Guns n' Roses but disagree with the direction Axl is taking it in have every right to be here and voice their opinions. You seem like one of the people (though not the worst) who pick an argument with anyone who expresses their discontent with some aspect of GnR. What's worse, some of these people (volcano, brainsaber, MSL) keep overly emphasizing that and acting as if everything Axl does is good. Like he shits flowers and farts rainbows. Religiously and completely unrealistically praising everything he does (or actually...doesn't) straight into heaven. To me, that's pure trolling and lacks any sense of realism. It annoys the living crap out of me.

You don't know me, if you do you`ll see that i only respect honest opinions. Bullshit, rage, dumshit, lies, "facts".. simply don't go well with me.

I like GNR in general, i like what Slash has done in GNR and in VR(contraband). I have only good memories of all lineups.

GNR right now is the most interesting thing out there for me and for many others.

CD was released only 5 years ago, weird huh?

You don't know me, if you do you`ll see that i only respect honest opinions. Bullshit, rage, dumshit, lies, "facts".. simply don't go well with me.

I like GNR in general, i like what Slash has done in GNR and in VR(contraband). I have only good memories of all lineups.

GNR right now is the most interesting thing out there for me and for many others.

CD was released only 5 years ago, weird huh?

It will be 5 years in november

Russel i don't know how old are you, but you resemble a 10 year old looking for a bone to chew on.

Your thread is pretty stupid to start with. There's no such concept as a better band. That is something that depends on your taste for music. You can say GNR is the best band ever, i can say The Cranberries is the best one. There is no such thing as a better band than...

Even though this thread is completely useless and biased to start with, i gave you a chance and tried to be polite and make it a little bit more interesting, answering to it and giving some suggestions of bands that are doing better professionally then GNR (even though you can never say they're better bands overall)....

Yet again this was your answer: "Good.. if that's true you have plenty of forums to post your dumb thoughts."

Your continuous disrespect for me and other posters here is beyond me...but since you went that route maybe you should look for other forums as well... you have by far the dumbest thread ever on MyGNR ever since it's existence as a forum right here... you look like a fuckin' 10 year old playing swords with your dick, and telling the other kids your dick is better than theirs....

Edited by AndreCC

Russel i don't know how old are you, but you resemble a 10 year old looking for a bone to chew on.

Your thread is pretty stupid to start with. There's no such concept as a better band. That is something that depends on your taste for music. You can say GNR is the best band ever, i can say The Cranberries is the best one. There is no such thing as a better band than...

Even though this thread is completely useless and biased to start with, i gave you a chance and tried to be polite and make it a little bit more interesting, answering to it and giving some suggestions of bands that are doing better professionally then GNR (even though you can never say they're better bands overall)....

Yet again this was your answer: "Good.. if that's true you have plenty of forums to post your dumb thoughts."

Your continuous disrespect for me and other posters here is beyond me...but since you went that route maybe you should look for other forums as well... you have by far the dumbest thread ever on MyGNR ever since it's existence as a forum right here... you look like a fuckin' 10 year old playing swords with your dick, and telling the other kids your dick is better than theirs....

Sorry if i hurt your feelings, but you are dumb, really dumb. I was only pointing the obvious.

Then again, if things calm down,chill a little bit, perhaps i will tell you how old i am.

On topic: Do you guys have any doubts about a new record?

Sorry if i hurt your feelings, but you are dumb, really dumb. I was only pointing the obvious.

Then again, if things calm down,chill a little bit, perhaps i will tell you how old i am.

I wonder if things have "calmed down" :rofl-lol:

On topic: there will be a new GNR album by 2015 and I am ok with that.

Edited by volcano62

Then again "if things calm down" nothing will still be more stupid then your pointless threads...you're dumber, really really dumber! Sorry if i pointed out reality, but you need a check every once in a while :awesomeface:

Edited by AndreCC

Then again "if things calm down" nothing will still be more stupid then your pointless threads...you're dumber, really really dumber! Sorry if i pointed out reality, but you need a check every once in a while :awesomeface:

Great comment, Pocoyo, as always.