**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The show I saw in Las Vegas was amazing. Axl sounded great as did the band. I'm sure going over a pre-recorded concert and doing some overlays is normal. They do it for movies all the time.

I'm sorry for some of you who've seen GNR and Axl sounded terrible, but why must you continue to say Axl sucks when all 3 GNR shows I've seen in the past 3 years were amazing and Axl sounded better each time.

Guest NGOG

I hope that rather than an Axl u-turn against the project over some unknown semantic, that it's actually the label playing devil's advocate.

However one cannot help but acknowledge the distinct lack of reference GNR has made regarding the status of Rock Fuel's project.

i think axl is dubbing his vocals, that's why it's taking so long. no way in hell they will release this with axl sounding like mickey mouse being raped by donald duck.

We hope, 'cause he sounded damn awful and weak at that show in Las Vegas.

seems like they want some sort of Madision's 15 seconds of fame. Really sad.

In other news.. Rockfuel, can you give us some light over the release?

So you see no problem with neither Axl nor his management team releasing a public statement about the delay in the DVD release? You think that's how every other band in the world would handle it? Especially seeing how much of a bad history Axl has with releasing music?

The show I saw in Las Vegas was amazing. Axl sounded great as did the band. I'm sure going over a pre-recorded concert and doing some overlays is normal. They do it for movies all the time.

I'm sorry for some of you who've seen GNR and Axl sounded terrible, but why must you continue to say Axl sucks when all 3 GNR shows I've seen in the past 3 years were amazing and Axl sounded better each time.

Because your opinion is extremely biased. Pretty much every post of yours is saying how awesome Axl is, or saying how much fun your son had at a show (or how much your son didn't like a slash show).

Overlays on a pre-recorded concert (does that mean it was recorded BEFORE the show actually happened?) might be normal. But what is ALSO very normal is for the band to give their fans an occassional update. "Sorry guys. Live DVD was planned to be released in May but we ran into some recording issues. We are shooting for an August release. Thanks for you patience, see ya on the road." See how hard that was to write??????

i think axl is dubbing his vocals, that's why it's taking so long. no way in hell they will release this with axl sounding like mickey mouse being raped by donald duck.

We hope, 'cause he sounded damn awful and weak at that show in Las Vegas.

Unlike Live Era I highly doubt that Axl is Dubbing his Vocals, unfortunately. I think we would have heard it in the trailer, which contained some pretty weak vocals.

So you see no problem with neither Axl nor his management team releasing a public statement about the delay in the DVD release? You think that's how every other band in the world would handle it? Especially seeing how much of a bad history Axl has with releasing music?

Because your opinion is extremely biased. Pretty much every post of yours is saying how awesome Axl is, or saying how much fun your son had at a show (or how much your son didn't like a slash show).

Overlays on a pre-recorded concert (does that mean it was recorded BEFORE the show actually happened?) might be normal. But what is ALSO very normal is for the band to give their fans an occassional update. "Sorry guys. Live DVD was planned to be released in May but we ran into some recording issues. We are shooting for an August release. Thanks for you patience, see ya on the road." See how hard that was to write??????

My son and daughter also thought Axl sounded great all three times but they did point out some times when he missed some notes, but they still enjoyed the show.

As for being bias, maybe, but I do support Axl and most of what he does. All I know is that I've been going to rock concerts since the late 60's and the 3 GNR shows I've seen were as awesome as any other great concerts I've seen. I never had the pleasure of seeing the original members and I'm sure they blew everyone away, but I happen to like the new GNR and I think Axl has picked some musicians that seem to fit this time of his life now. As long as Axl and whoever the hell he has in his GNR band come to Dallas, I will be there to support them and I know I will enjoy the show.

I know I will enjoy the show.

That's why your opinion is extremely biased. Or maybe you can see the future?

I assume I'm going to have a good time any time I fork over $100 to go to a rock show. But I never know until after the show if I enjoyed it or not. The music and performance determine that. For me, at least, just seeing Axl Rose on stage doesn't guarantee a good time.

For me, at least, just seeing Axl Rose on stage doesn't guarantee a good time.

I'm such a dork that for me it kind of does. But I can also step back from that and call a spade a spade if Axl is dropping his fat, wheezing Mickey Mouse impression on the crowd.

I'm such a dork that for me it kind of does. But I can also step back from that and call a spade a spade if Axl is dropping his fat, wheezing Mickey Mouse impression on the crowd.

I agree. I love the first thirty seconds of any concert. When the music blasts through your ears and you see the musicians you admire in real life (instead of on tv or youtube) - that's an awesome feeling. I get what your saying.

It's the weird creepy celebrity worship thing that I've never understood. Just seeing Axl in person doesn't guarantee me a great concert. I didn't pay $150 to drool over him (like a bunch of our fellow posters do), I'm there to here the music!!!

I'm such a dork that for me it kind of does. But I can also step back from that and call a spade a spade.

This.

That is what separates the normal people from the crazies.

I'm such a dork that for me it kind of does. But I can also step back from that and call a spade a spade.

This.

That is what separates the normal people from the crazies.

Yes.

I cant find anything concrete enough for anyone to rule out that they are not delusional. We mix unsubstantiated rumors with our personal leanings think we know. Then we make a moral judgement on stuff which we have no right. All we can do is enjoy what we are given.

I cant find anything concrete enough for anyone to rule out that they are not delusional. We mix unsubstantiated rumors with our personal leanings think we know. Then we make a moral judgement on stuff which we have no right. All we can do is enjoy what we are given.

Very true.

I also agree with what magisme posted above.