**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Gunns

So now the GNR Vegas shows won't be released at all?

It's all politics and bullshit.

I don't know why Axl has no control of his own damn band?

it's more of the issue being that there is a certain incompetent production company, that is the problem.

Edited by Gunns

I know a lot of us can forgive the state of Axl's voice. I was just showing a casual friend some of the top performances of Axl from 2010, the only one where she thought Axl lived up to his former self was You Could Be Mine with Duff, and not because Duff was there.

I do think a release of the Vegas concert would do more harm than good.

Why, I was at one Vegas show and it was awesome. Axl sounded great and was having a blast onstage with the band.

Everyone seemed to be having a good time. The place was pretty much sold out.

I think GNR need to do something to let people know they are still alive. It seems the only people who care of know of GNR is the people on this messageboard.

I haven't been active here for a long time. Could anyone write me a short summary of what's going on? Tried reading through previous pages and there was some talk about a bootleg from 2010 or something... Anyone?

I haven't been active here for a long time. Could anyone write me a short summary of what's going on? Tried reading through previous pages and there was some talk about a bootleg from 2010 or something... Anyone?

The GNR DVD was suddenly canceled. Officially, there's no reason.

Unofficially, there's a rumor that Slash is blocking its release, on legal grounds.

Personally, I think Team Brazil was too stupid to get all legal clearance before committing to the project, so it's just freaking hilarious that all of this is happening.

The GNR DVD was suddenly canceled. Officially, there's no reason.

The vegas 2012 dvd is cancelled? What about the cinemas?

Vegas blu ray and cinema release postponed indefinitely due to issues with Slash. People decide to put together a fan made bootleg of a 2010 show. Rockfuel goes full retard and freaks out over fan made bootleg and contacts GNR attorneys. GNR attorneys, without speaking with GNR, get their noses in everyone's business.

For once, Axl and TB didn't fuck it up. Still got fucked up, but small victories, ya know? :lol:

Vegas blu ray and cinema release postponed indefinitely due to issues with Slash. People decide to put together a fan made bootleg of a 2010 show. Rockfuel goes full retard and freaks out over fan made bootleg and contacts GNR attorneys. GNR attorneys, without speaking with GNR, get their noses in everyone's business.

For once, Axl and TB didn't fuck it up. Still got fucked up, but small victories, ya know? :lol:

:facepalm:

Thanks for replying!

At least we know they will be touring more now.

Since Axl and TB can't milk Appetite through the DVD it will mean they have to hit the road to make their money since releasing new music is off the table.

Axl really needs some real management, not the romper room shit he has now that allowed things to get that far down the road without having all the legal work in place.

The amateur hour shit with this band gets old.

it's more of the issue being that there is a certain incompetent production company, that is the problem.

Do we even know that they're at fault? I mean, do we know for sure that they were responsible for getting everything in order and didn't need green light from Axl's management?

I'm not talkin' about the silly complain about a forum promoting the release of a 2010 bootleg which is still a shit and dumb move, but we can't say that they're an incompetent production company, can we?

Edited by Nosaj Thing

Guest Gunns

Do we even know that they're at fault? I mean, do we know for sure that they were responsible for getting everything in order and didn't need green light from Axl's management?

I'm not talkin' about the silly complain about a forum promoting the release of a 2010 bootleg which is still a shit and dumb move, but we can't say that they're an incompetent production company, can we?

I won't go into details but yes, they are incompetent an I'm not just talking about the bootleg.

Guest Gunns

This has really just generated promo for both the DVD and Return of the Rasp. Maybe Rolling Stone will put Gunns on the cover.

We can feature your latest book on it which will in turn feature the cover I made you lol

It's gotta be a first that a DVD company releasing a recent performance, goes to a bands management because they are unhappy that a bootleg of a 4 year old show was up on YouTube.

first time i ever heard of it. it is fucking retarded.

• Like 1

Guest Gunns

It's gotta be a first that a DVD company releasing a recent performance, goes to a bands management because they are unhappy that a bootleg of a 4 year old show was up on YouTube.

first time i ever heard of it. it is fucking retarded.

Change 'management' to lawyers, I used the wrong word and I wouldn't want Ali thinking I said something else a second time.

To me the problem lies with Rockfuel attorneys not the people that have kept us updated throughout the whole process... Yeah it's shit that Rockfuel corp. have blocked a pretty innocent release but It's hard to shout at people who have been pretty obliging with info when the other sources of info are nowhere to be seen.

I'm not sure if I'm going to bother with the Vegas dvd, mainly because I haven't seen any footage from the actual show... the footage that was shown even more recently is the same footage from the initial announcement... when i hear the mix and how Axl sounds I'll make my mind up... I'm not going to jump in on this without at least hearing a proper sample beforehand.

Overall, everyone needs to relax as we all know that 2010 show will make it's way out anyway.

Edited by Tom2112

we are simply trying to release an amazing product for fans to enjoy

You are simply trying to make money. Period. You run a business, that's the goal and I have no issue with it (nor should anyone).

Just don't pretend you're doing this solely for our enjoyment - or blocking fan made videos for the "fans to enjoy".

You came to fan sites and posted for promotion. At this rate my guess would be 90% of those who were going to buy it will now download it out of spite, so great promo move!

• Like 1

You're wrong man, read HV's last post in the "where did the return of rasp thread go" thread. It was one guy and probably the one running the Rockfuel account.

I wasn't going to buy the Rockfuel DVD before this all happened, but I sure as hell am now. Only so that I can copy, reproduce and redistribute it as many fucking times to as many fucking people as I possibly can and in as many possible formats.

Rockfuel can sincerely kiss my ass.

A8R

From what I heard from the official DVD it sounds like weak rasp and lots of Mickey, kinda like London. And no that's not the same voice I'm used to singing the songs I love so I probably won't get it.

I would love a soundboard of the Dublin 02 walk off in 2010. That's the voice I love and know.

If Slash is blocking it, what is his motivation. Maybe it's to preserve the GNR Legacy and protect his old friend that calls him a cancer from being laughed at and embarrassed?

Edited by War2k14
  • Like 1

I think its stupid to do any boycotting of a release at least Rockfuel are trying to get a new official product out which is something that very rarely happens in the GNR world

We actually need to show demand for GNR products so the band can't keep using the noone cares about new music excuse

Edited by ThinkAboutYou