**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Are we going to blame NGOG if a release date isn't announced next week?

I'm no weatherman, but I'm forecasting that this 'release plan' is a major attempt at NGOG'ing.

• Like 2

Am I the only one not interested in this? I'd rather have a DVD with footage from 2010, or even 2006.

I think its more of a case of getting this or getting nothing. The 06/10 shows weren't recorded well enough for home release. I think it was more for the screens at the show and archive footage for videos, I.e Better.

Edited by Axl_morris
  • Like 1

The 06/10 shows weren't recorded well enough for home release.

As far as we know, Axl insists on every show being recorded. That may be fiction we've created ourselves, but I'm sure that if it exists, it's of high enough quality to be released. Edited by NGOG

Am I the only one not interested in this? I'd rather have a DVD with footage from 2010, or even 2006.

I think its more of a case of getting this or getting nothing. The 06/10 shows weren't recorded well enough for home release. I think it was more for the screens at the show and archive footage for videos, I.e Better.

I know, I know. Bothers me tho.

As far as we know, Axl insists on every show being recorded. That may be fiction we've created ourselves, but I'm sure that if it exists, it's of high enough quality to be released.

As far as I know, if there's a video feed at a show, chances are it's recorded and saved somewhere. Even Brooklyn Bowl had a video feed.

If only we had all of these shows at our disposal. :drool:

• Like 1

As far as we know, Axl insists on every show being recorded. That may be fiction we've created ourselves, but I'm sure that if it exists, it's of high enough quality to be released.

As far as I know, if there's a video feed at a show, chances are it's recorded and saved somewhere. Even Brooklyn Bowl had a video feed.

If only we had all of these shows at our disposal. :drool:

Would love if the archives were made available for public purchase.

Don't shoot the messenger:

on facebook in response to someone asking about this being cancelled they said this:

Rock Fuel Media Inc. release date will be announced this week

19 minutes ago

https://www.facebook.com/RockFuelMedia/posts/10202355871691396?comment_id=10202701690136641&offset=0&total_comments=13

So if getting NGOG´d wasn´t enough. Now we´re about to get gunsguy´d over this :scared:

• Like 1

I think this is how all the shows are recorded (this is from line feed):

These are no good for bluray / dvd release sure but imagine for a minute if they would release one every now and again as a freebee for fans online

These are no good for bluray / dvd release sure but imagine for a minute if they would release one every now and again as a freebee for fans online

I'd pay $5-$10 for a full-length show (I imagine they're shot in at least HD quality). $20-$30 if it was something special like London 2010 with Duff or L'Arc.

I'd pay $5-$10 for a full-length show (I imagine they're shot in at least HD quality). $20-$30 if it was something special like London 2010 with Duff or L'Arc.

I would too, however I was more thinking as an incentive for the fan club. It wouldn't cost them anything just upload it

I would too, however I was more thinking as an incentive for the fan club. It wouldn't cost them anything just upload it

What about rights issues? I mean, we are in the 2-year-old DVD thread...

Maybe feeding the fans with live streams effects ticket sales?

In that people get a chance to check out the show ahead of time, which causes them to reconsider buying tickets to their local show?

Yeah, I can see that...

Edited by downzy

I'm always wondering why this show was recorded and uploaded (3 songs) in the official channel (and why in 4:3 format)

Edited by SeBaZ

I'm always wondering why this show was recorded and uploaded (3 songs) in the official channel (and why in 4:3 format)

My guess is it was quick damage control from Rock in Rio.

Or just release the soundboards, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Metallica have been doing this for years now.

http://www.livechilipeppers.com/

http://www.livemetallica.com/

• Like 1

Most pro acts record each live show, Guns have an analog and digital desk that take the individual tracks, they mix the live show and a untainted signal is sent to a pro tools set-up all of which is likely saved to a giant hard-drive never to be released for the most part (maybe included on singles down the line or re-releases etc.).

Think of metallicalive.com each show is digitally recorded and they then mix each show, a protools set-up is not a big deal to bring along... that could just be a little mac pro and an interface... very easy.

• Like 1

Even if they did an official bootleg series, it's be cool.