**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Gunns

Are there any rips of this yet?

I hope that fans will refrain from this type of mentality. For GNR to be respected by UMe, they must have commercial value. If fans just pirate this product, it will have significant impact on the performance of the product. And thus GNR's standing with UMe.

If you are enthused at the idea of more GNR products, then you need to vote with your dollar.

Not asking for the rips, Just wanting to see if the level of anticipation within the torrenting community is high for this release, it's usually a good sign of how well the sales are going to be overall by judging the length of time it takes for it to hit the market as well as the seeds/downloads etc. And if Rockfuel handled things better (and of course, gnr , or that will be their reasoning) then the DVD will be available to purchase in stores throughout other countries, not just the USA.

And judging by the options currently available like the app limitations and other stuff, would you blame those who torrent it?

Wow, no CD or digital download, that's very disappointing.

They said there'll be a digital download at a future date.

That's good to hear, but a redundant way of releasing commercial content online. A digital download will be made available alright, from someone who buys the dvd and rips it to a torrent. They should be releasing the digital download and DVD in-store release at the same time or within the same time frame to circumvent those who will simply download a rip from a torrent, and get sick of waiting for an official download days/weeks later (which will be the exact same quality). No doubt, once again, America /selected countries get a release ahead of the rest of the world.

I find this type of logic completely misguided, redundant and laughable.

Edited by Gunns

This shit is like 15 minutes from my house. Not going.

If it was on TV in my living room, I probably wouldn't watch. I'd just put the Prostitute youtubes on loop if I needed some quality Elvis Axl.

I hope everyone else enjoys it, though. :)

Then why are you wasting your time and everyone else's posting on a GN'R fan forum??

Lol shut up. I like old GNR. Am I not allowed to post here then? You are the one wasting your time trying to act like a mod.

I'm not a MOD! Never owned a scooter and always liked rock. ;) I'm a fan of all line ups. I just don't see point of posting about something that the poster claims they won't watch.

As someone who went to Vegas this time I am of the opinion that the whole band sounded amazing. And I've seen old and new line ups.

So lol lol you fucking shrimp! :axl:

Edited by reayj2003

Wow, no CD or digital download, that's very disappointing.

They said there'll be a digital download at a future date.

They also said that a CD/DVD option was coming soon, only for it to be canceled. So I'm not holding my breath on that. Edited by Raz0r

Idk, maybe this is a good thing. Maybe they don't want to put out a live CD out, because they're looking at putting out a studio album out sooner rather than later, and they don't want two album releases to close together. Here's hoping.

I'm not happy about the format options, but I'll still buy a copy to support the band. Hopefully I'll be able to rip the DVD to get a version in the MP3 format that I want it in, so I can play it on my iPhone even if I don't have access to WiFi, which I normally don't if I'm not at home.

That app option blows. I'm sorry, but how the hell is a format so limited appealing to anyone? smh

Edited by Raz0r

Just wanting to see if the level of anticipation within the torrenting community is high for this release, it's usually a good sign of how well the sales are going to be overall by judging the length of time it takes for it to hit the market as well as the seeds/downloads etc.

And if Rockfuel handled things better (and of course, gnr , or that will be their reasoning) then the DVD will be available to purchase in stores throughout other countries, not just the USA.

And judging by the options currently available like the app limitations and other stuff, would you blame those who torrent it?

With respect, compared to GNR's target market, the torrent community is absolutely tiny. Their eagerness is no reflection of how Appetite For Democracy will perform. Unless you have evidence to prove otherwise, Rock Fuel just stated that negotiations for an international release are taking place.

As of right now, GNR fans have the opportunity to pre-order a 3D Blu-ray or DVD. In addition to that, they can experience Appetite For Democracy pre-release. What exactly is the problem here? For a fan, there is no excuse for resorting to torrents.

• Like 1

This shit is like 15 minutes from my house. Not going.

If it was on TV in my living room, I probably wouldn't watch. I'd just put the Prostitute youtubes on loop if I needed some quality Elvis Axl.

I hope everyone else enjoys it, though. :)

Then why are you wasting your time and everyone else's posting on a GN'R fan forum??

Free proboards?

I promise I'm not intending to be a complete asshole here, but where on the Amazon page does it inform the consumer that this is DJ Ashba's GNR? Because most people I talk to have no idea who is in the band. When folks find out I'm a GNR fanatic they often ask if Axl and Slash have made up yet. Shouldn't the lineup be specified somewhere? Isn't it a bit misleading? Am I wrong?

The problem with the app is that the same videos will be up on youtube to watch which costs nothing.

You can pull it for copyright but why can i still watch the tokyo show?

I wouldn't say that's the only problem. You can't watch it without the app or without a wifi connection. If you want it in MP3, you have to purchase it separately (if it's even actually released in that format).

Seems the key selling point is that you can see it before the release, but it'll probably be on YouTube or on torrent soon after the app is released anyway, so there goes that selling point.

Apparently it's going some other awesome features, that weren't even described, so idk how awesome they could possibly be.

That app better be under $4 or else idk who the hell is going to buy it.

Rockfuel seemed to be very proud that they are the first to be offering an app like this. Maybe it hasn't been offered before because it's fucking stupid.

Edited by Raz0r

I promise I'm not intending to be a complete asshole here, but where on the Amazon page does it inform the consumer that this is DJ Ashba's GNR? Because most people I talk to have no idea who is in the band. When folks find out I'm a GNR fanatic they often ask if Axl and Slash have made up yet. Shouldn't the lineup be specified somewhere? Isn't it a bit misleading? Am I wrong?

Good point, would they specify the UYI lineup though? That 92 Tokyo was a release wasn't it? Hmm

Good point, would they specify the UYI lineup though? That 92 Tokyo was a release wasn't it? Hmm

That's when they were the biggest band in the world, though. It was kinda hard not to know what was up back then.

That's when they were the biggest band in the world, though. It was kinda hard not to know what was up back then.

But Gilby... Gilby lol

But Gilby... Gilby lol

Don't forget Teddy Zig Zag.

Eh, Ron will be there? Tempting...

Except I kind of dissed him in the thread about his Kickstarter - like literally the only time I've made a negative comment about Bumblefoot. And of course that was the time he decides to visit the forum and post in the thread.

Eh, Ron will be there? Tempting...

It isn't guaranteed, but as we know, Ron rarely disappoints. If I were to make a prediction, he will be there for at least part of the premiere.

What a character Ron is. He has a meet n' greet and show scheduled, yet still finds time for GNR duty.

I think you should go!

Edited by NGOG

No Trickery was the 2014 residency. This is All Trickery.

No Trickery was the 2014 residency. This is All Trickery.

If they add Yesterdays and Prostitute bonus footage I'll consider buying it. :devilshades: