**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If there are people who don't know that Slash is no longer in the band and the band members names now, then they aren't really GNR fans anymore.

I'm sick of people asking if Slash is still in the band. It's like 20 years since the original members are been together as a band. Either you make the effort to find out who's in the band now or just don't ask stupid questions.

Eh, Ron will be there? Tempting...

Except I kind of dissed him in the thread about his Kickstarter - like literally the only time I've made a negative comment about Bumblefoot. And of course that was the time he decides to visit the forum and post in the thread.

He's going to kick your cunt in :lol:

Just noticed that the cover is in Gnr's fb profile image, Coming to select US Theaters this week! June 18/19 2014 , :lol:

It's good to see that GNR are getting behind the product. The GNR Facebook has a huge following, so if they want to, they can improve the performance of the product exponentially.

Are there any rips of this yet?

I hope that fans will refrain from this type of mentality. For GNR to be respected by UMe, they must have commercial value. If fans just pirate this product, it will have significant impact on the performance of the product. And thus GNR's standing with UMe.

If you are enthused at the idea of more GNR products, then you need to vote with your dollar.

Bump on this. So true.

Guest Gunns

A persons review from gnrtruth

Just got back from the show. It started about an hour late because the executive producer ran late to the show. He gave a short speech, and then the movie started. Bumble did not make it there. This showing started with what must be some of the bonus feature interviews with Tommy, Dizzy, DJ, and Bumble (all talking about Axl). Then they showed the speeches from the Golden Gods, which was a bit odd. Finally, the opening credits ran, and the real feature started.

Here is the 2 cent review ... The show was really good. The sound was excellent, and the 3D was good, but I felt that the picture could have been sharper. It could have been an issue at the theater, but I won't know for sure until I see it again on Thursday. They did an overall good job of shooting the band, although there were too many crowd shots (not nearly as bad as the London show), too many shots of the dancers (as a guitarist I care more about watching the solos than the fucking dancers), and Ron disappears for a large chunk of the show. DJ is definitely the "star" of the feature, behind Axl of course. The mix was really good (the movie was fucking loud, which was a good thing), although there were a few tricks that the discerning ear could catch (like double tracking Axl's voice in a few spots). Paradise City sounded much better in the movie than in the preview clip that was released.

The bad news for all of us is that they cut 7 songs from the set (Better, Street of Dreams, Catcher, Motivation, Objectify, Seeker, and Don't Let It Bring you Down), although Blacklight, No Quarter, and Ballad of Death made the cut. I hope some of these songs made it to the disc. They did cut down on the downtime between songs, some of the banter, and some minor parts of songs (eg, beginning of Knockin'). There was one really bad cut in KOHD where they show Richard wearing a hat and playing a red ES-335 (from an earlier song) which transitions immediately to him playing his Les Paul custom without a hat. Oops.

In short, the movie was really good. My wife, who is not a huge GN'R fan (although she attends a decent amount of shows with me cheesy.png), really enjoyed it. The crowd had a good time as well. If you can see it in the theater, it is worth going just to experience the sound.

If you have any questions, I will do my best to answer them. FYI, the web app is now up, and it says the digital download of the concert plus soundtrack is $19.95 ... Digital concert alone is $14.95.

• Like 2

Just got back from the show. It started about an hour late because the executive producer ran late to the show. He gave a short speech, and then the movie started. Bumble did not make it there. This showing started with what must be some of the bonus feature interviews with Tommy, Dizzy, DJ, and Bumble (all talking about Axl). Then they showed the speeches from the Golden Gods, which was a bit odd. Finally, the opening credits ran, and the real feature started.

Here is the 2 cent review ... The show was really good. The sound was excellent, and the 3D was good, but I felt that the picture could have been sharper. It could have been an issue at the theater, but I won't know for sure until I see it again on Thursday. They did an overall good job of shooting the band, although there were too many crowd shots (not nearly as bad as the London show), too many shots of the dancers (as a guitarist I care more about watching the solos than the fucking dancers), and Ron disappears for a large chunk of the show. DJ is definitely the "star" of the feature, behind Axl of course. The mix was really good (the movie was fucking loud, which was a good thing), although there were a few tricks that the discerning ear could catch (like double tracking Axl's voice in a few spots). Paradise City sounded much better in the movie than in the preview clip that was released.

The bad news for all of us is that they cut 7 songs from the set (Better, Street of Dreams, Catcher, Motivation, Objectify, Seeker, and Don't Let It Bring you Down), although Blacklight, No Quarter, and Ballad of Death made the cut. I hope some of these songs made it to the disc. They did cut down on the downtime between songs, some of the banter, and some minor parts of songs (eg, beginning of Knockin'). There was one really bad cut in KOHD where they show Richard wearing a hat and playing a red ES-335 (from an earlier song) which transitions immediately to him playing his Les Paul custom without a hat. Oops.

In short, the movie was really good. My wife, who is not a huge GN'R fan (although she attends a decent amount of shows with me cheesy.png), really enjoyed it. The crowd had a good time as well. If you can see it in the theater, it is worth going just to experience the sound.

If you have any questions, I will do my best to answer them. FYI, the web app is now up, and it says the digital download of the concert plus soundtrack is $19.95 ... Digital concert alone is $14.95.

That's my review. Thanks, Gunns ... Was just about to post it here. Happy to answer any questions.

That's my review. Thanks, Gunns ... Was just about to post it here. Happy to answer any questions.

How was Axl's voice? Was it raspy?

What you hear on the YouTube videos is basically what you get in the film, although the mix is SO much better that it just improves everything. Axl starts out raspy, then he uses his clean voice for most of the middle part of the set, and then he gets raspy again with Nightrain. They did double track his voice and lowered the vocals in the mix to help at times. The band sounded great, and Axl was fine, but he wasn't in the form that he was at the end of last week.