Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

News GNR

• Please log in to reply
4836 replies to this topic

Poll: **FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray (153 member(s) have cast votes)

Which version of Appetite For Democracy will you buy?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

NGOG

NGOG

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 8,679 posts
  • 28-January 11

My email got a response:

Hi, I am the producer scheduling the Guns 3D film. Unfortunately our distributor was told we could show the film in Dublin without a rating certificate by the government....then they advised that they now needed it and we were told after the date was given to Night train. Now we don't have the time to get a certificate for Dublin and too be honest not possible to get for just one cinema showing as certificate for Ireland costs 1000s of pounds.

I apologise for your not being able to see the film in Dublin but we are going to announce some ways soon that you will be able to see the concert....and it will be available soon as a blu Ray.

Best

-- 
Frank Volpe

Edited by NGOG, 02 March 2014 - 03:53 PM.

Posted Image

bumblecool

bumblecool

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts
  • 05-October 10

it's official now, check GN'R facebook / twitter, they are promoting it.

18DjRvA.jpg

MrSoftie

MrSoftie

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • 15-December 12

My email got a response:

Hi, I am the producer scheduling the Guns 3D film. Unfortunately our distributor was told we could show the film in Dublin without a rating certificate by the government....then they advised that they now needed it and we were told after the date was given to Night train. Now we don't have the time to get a certificate for Dublin and too be honest not possible to get for just one cinema showing as certificate for Ireland costs 1000s of pounds.

I apologise for your not being able to see the film in Dublin but we are going to announce some ways soon that you will be able to see the concert....and it will be available soon as a blu Ray.

Best

-- 

Frank Volpe

USA:        1  310 4893245
Germany   49 6821942480
skype dirtypoolmusic
email: dirtypoolmusic@gmail.comVolpe LinkedIN
Production Reels
Broadcast Edits

Fair enough I guess but it doesn't explain why NI is missing out as opposed to the rest of the UK.

Lio

Lio

GOD

• SILVER
  • 2,489 posts
  • 07-January 14

My email got a response:

Best

-- 
Frank Volpe
USA:        1  310 4893245
Germany   49 6821942480
skype dirtypoolmusic
email: dirtypoolmusic@gmail.com
Volpe LinkedIN
Production Reels
Broadcast Edits

Okay, great, an answer... I so hope someone gets to see this in cinema and I do hope I'll be able to buy the dvd one day. Until it actually happens, we'll have to wait and see, I guess.

EvH

EvH

"Wanna get dancin'?"

• SILVER
  • 1,781 posts
  • 27-May 11
My god. An actual release in the GNR world. This may be really happening!

mygnrforum n°1 Queen Fan

wPt1QEz.jpg?1

NGOG

NGOG

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 8,679 posts
  • 28-January 11

I just exchanged a few more emails with the producer:

They will confirm a release date for the DVD this week - then GNR management will announce it after the cinema run.

For Irish fans, the producer will discuss our problem with the distributors on Monday. If there is any possibility of an Irish screening, he will make sure it happens.   

• Amir, LuanVictor and MrSoftie like this
Posted Image

UK SUBS

UK SUBS

FRONTMAN

• Admins
  • 11,967 posts
  • 03-October 03
^^^^^ that's god getting you and facekicker back for 2010!! Fuck you! :)

------------------------------------------

SUPPORT #manchesterdogshome !!!

NGOG

NGOG

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 8,679 posts
  • 28-January 11

^^^^^ that's god getting you and facekicker back for 2010!! Fuck you! :)

Excuse me, I'm a British citizen! 

ian_paisley.jpg

Posted Image

Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath

MYGNR Town Sheriff

• MOD SQUAD
  • 29,917 posts
  • 10-July 07
So they are going to confirm a release date for the home release this week, but Gn'R management isn't going to announce that then already-confirmed release date AFTER the concert shows in theaters next month? What sense does that make? :lol:

"You're only given a little spark of madness. And if you lose that, you're nothin'." - Robin Williams

ChineseIRS

ChineseIRS

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • 25-July 05
Cause they want people to go see it in theatres. If people know about the dvd release date theyll wait til it comes out. Prob what theyre thinking.
  • Coma16 likes this

Coma16

Coma16

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 6,907 posts
  • 27-May 11

So they are going to confirm a release date for the home release this week, but Gn'R management isn't going to announce that then already-confirmed release date AFTER the concert shows in theaters next month? What sense does that make? :lol:

Most movies that are released in the cinemas don't provide a home release date until afterwards.

#GuitarInHand

401914_10152867527845352_1449427467_n.jp

DieselDaisy

DieselDaisy

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,189 posts
  • 11-August 12
NGOG, the only reason you are so pissed that the Dublin screening was pulled is because, the 'feckin English are still getting the film''.
  • NGOG likes this

Axl_morris

Axl_morris

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 6,992 posts
  • 03-February 05

LOL, cry for independence from Britain then cry when GNR one and only show doesn't get shown. 

#cut4bumblefoot

DieselDaisy

DieselDaisy

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,189 posts
  • 11-August 12
There is no Newcastle screening. The nearest screening to me is some place called Boldon which I had never heard of before. I just did a bit of research and discovered it is a town that lies dangerously close to Sunderland! Think I will pass unless they announce a Toon showing.

Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath

MYGNR Town Sheriff

• MOD SQUAD
  • 29,917 posts
  • 10-July 07

Most movies that are released in the cinemas don't provide a home release date until afterwards.

I understand that, but I find it silly that the producers plan on announcing the home release date this week, but then Gn'R Management doesn't plan on doing it until after the cinema dates. Surely it would make more sense to just both announce it at the same time, either before or after the cinema release.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. And if you lose that, you're nothin'." - Robin Williams

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News, GNR

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users