**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Any of them would require an internet connection to watch unless it was downloaded right to your phone, which is not avail, and would take forever. They're streaming instantly, so you need some sort of connection and wifi to get maximum results.

• Like 1

Very excited to get my hands on the Blu-ray. If anyone cares, there is a campaign to maximize the number of people who buy the product. If you want to partake, just tweet #VoteGNR.

Streaming? Hmmm. Well that'd take me over my 500MB/month quite quickly unless I'm at home with WiFi. Pretty disappointed by this, thought the whole point of having a mobile device was to be able to watch/listen to content on the go :/

I can understand dropping the DVD/CD combo but to have the only audio option be streaming locked in an app seems extremely limiting.

4. Digital Long Form – APPETITE FOR DEMOCRACY – Full content available for digital download and via Mobile App

Is there still going to be a digital download?

Amir, most public places you go cafes, airports, gym, malls, friends homes all have internet/wifi...certainly is great for people "one the go", with wireless devices, as well as home theater, and it has many other useful fan features, opposed to lugging a dvd around with you (with limited use). To download a full concert (almost 3 hours) on a mobile device would take a lifetime. HD Streaming is instant.

Edited by rockfuel

This is a pretty piss poor handling of the release. Most of these problems are probably universal rather than rockfuel...

- Cancelled international cinema release.

- Cancelled cd/dvd release

- Song cut out from the set... why was it played if they couldnt get the rights?

- 20 minute shorter set than the other vegas shows.

- Unable to download the digital version

- Pay extra for downloading the digital version even though you have bought the $23 blu ray (what happened to free ultraviolet codes)

- 3D and 2D version compressed on to one disc.

- Unable to get interview with Axl Rose

- GNR (less bumblefoot) have not tweeted in support, so GNR are obviously not wanting this released.

• Like 1

The App digital version has 2 stream offerings - 1) Full Length HD Concert 2) Full Length HD Concert with separate Audio Track Playlist - that you can play on any device.

So we can listen to digital versions of the tracks if we buy the app? Is that right?

Ali

I'm not knocking the ability to stream, but the option to download would have been a huge plus. People download 2-3 hour movies in HD all the time, with a decent Internet connection it wouldn't take more than a couple of hours? While I do think streaming will soon completely replace downloading, I'm not sure we'll get there until data plans/charges come down in cost: here in the UK even a lot of the so-called "unlimited" data plans are capped at 2GB, which I assume will be less than the size of a 3 hour HD film. Is this a royalties/rights issue?

I understand that you can't please everyone, and I was surprised there was even a DVD/CD combo considered in the first place since most of the target audience will likely pick up the Blu-Ray. But it is bizarre not to have a digital download option.

Anyway, best of luck, will be interesting to see how this is received in the end.

I disagree with rockfuel when you say "it would take forever to download". We now have 4G/LTE and you would be able to download the show in a matter of minutes.

If you want to watch it several times you are downloading the stream over and over again. Also in weaker areas quality will reduce or buffer. Surely an option to download wouldn't hurt?

Also can i watch this on multiple devices? Can i stream this to my TV/PS4 like i can with youtube & netflx? After all what is the point in a great quality concert on a 5 inch screen if you can stream it to a bigger one?

If i buy it on my phone can i watch it later on my tablet?

I was referring to the app.. you will be able to download the digital version on Itunes in a few months I was informed. But, we were discussing what's included on the App being released now, which by the way no band has ever released that includes long form concert in HD, and when you check out the App, you will be blown away with all the features and functions.. Your all free to buy whichever you like, just simply discussing the features.

Edited by rockfuel
  • Like 1

If i buy it on my phone can i watch it later on my tablet?

I don't know about Android but I know on iOS devices if you've downloaded an app for one device you can redownload it for free on your other devices.

I was referring to the app.. you will be able to download the digital version on Itunes in a few months I was informed. But, we were discussing what's included on the App being released now, which by the way no band has ever released and when you check out the App, you will be blown away with all the features and functions..

Cool, good to know a digital iTunes release is being considered. The App sounds cool with the extra features so it's the version I'm most likely to check out, but if I want to listen to a concert regularly I'll be purchasing a digital album to download.

I'm not knocking the ability to stream, but the option to download would have been a huge plus. People download 2-3 hour movies in HD all the time, with a decent Internet connection it wouldn't take more than a couple of hours? While I do think streaming will soon completely replace downloading, I'm not sure we'll get there until data plans/charges come down in cost: here in the UK even a lot of the so-called "unlimited" data plans are capped at 2GB, which I assume will be less than the size of a 3 hour HD film. Is this a royalties/rights issue?

I understand that you can't please everyone, and I was surprised there was even a DVD/CD combo considered in the first place since most of the target audience will likely pick up the Blu-Ray. But it is bizarre not to have a digital download option.

Anyway, best of luck, will be interesting to see how this is received in the end.

Sound like you need to go on Three the next time you upgrade. I get unlimited data that is actually unlimited and 4G for no extra cost at a download speed of 42 MB/s.

I hope it's mastered well. Who did the audio mastering?

It does sound really good from the few trailers.

Edited by Axl_morris

Very excited to get my hands on the Blu-ray. If anyone cares, there is a campaign to maximize the number of people who buy the product. If you want to partake, just tweet #VoteGNR.

What does that specifically mean - "maximize" the number of people who buy the product?

Essentially you want to do the job that rock fuel and GnR should be doing?

• Like 1

What does that specifically mean - "maximize" the number of people who buy the product?

Does it matter if he does though?

Sound like you need to go on Three the next time you upgrade. I get unlimited data that is actually unlimited and 4G for no extra cost at a download speed of 42 MB/s.

Had a bad experience with some dodgy charges from 3 a few years ago, sworn off them since. Plus, I only pay £7 a month.

Since rockfuel might be in an awkward position to say, can you find out any info on why GNR have not advertised the cinema release and blu ray pre-orders? Edited by Axl_morris
  • Like 1

Not at all. More power to them!!!

I was just curious what the deal was. In some topic I saw people saying that we should be multiple copies to fool the label into thinking there was "more" interest in the band so they'd amp up the release for a future studio album. Axl is reportedly worth over a hundred million dollars, GnR is supposedly killing it numbers wise on tour.......so I think it's a little weird to ask us common folk to buy three copies of something.

But if people want to - go for it. Buy ten copies! You might not have saw it, but I'm the guy who said he'd pay $500 for a GnR box set or $100 for a new GnR studio album tomorrow. But I also believe that the market should dictate success.........manipulating that market seems a little dishonest to me.

But again - people can do whatever they want. I was simply asking what their plan was.

This is a pretty piss poor handling of the release. Most of these problems are probably universal rather than rockfuel...

- GNR (less bumblefoot) have not tweeted in support, so GNR are obviously not wanting this released.

Are you implying that BBF might have tweeted out the promotion in spite of TB/GNR? Now that's a mindfuck!

How are there not pre-orders (or even a mention of the release) on the OFFICIAL site??? It's like CD all over again!

Edited by Coma16