Injured fan gunning for Axl

Tabitha27

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this guy is lucky enough to almost catch the mic... and then misses it. I'd feel stupid too.

Jimbo, I hope you are a girl and that is your boyfriend, or a guy and that is your gay lover. I hope to God you did not CHOOSE to put that avatar there. :nervous:

Nah that's me. And I put it there cuz I thought it was Fucking Funny. When all the Axl bashing with eyeliner went on, and people were defending it I wanted to see if they'd flame me, which they did, which I found was kinda contradictory, which is funny.

One day me and a female friend of mine were bored, probably a little lit, listening to hair metal and we thought it would be funny. So she snapped a pic. I put it up, got flamed, had a laugh. Yeah I'll let a girl draw a little pencil around my eye if its private and fun and leads to more private fun.

I don't wear eyeliner out in public... or at least since the last stage acting gig I did. I've never put it on when playing or doing a gig And I really could give a shit if people on an online forum think it's gay. The fact that they have a problem with it, to me, is fucking funny. Will I ever change it.... that's a definite maybe.

Edited by jimb0

He added one too many zeros - chipped teeth cost 500 dollars to fix, 5 grand is if you're getting full dental work. It'll probably be handled, best thing for them to do is find the dentist and give them VIP box for any show at the venue in exchange for services.

The guy has a point. It was surely an accident but all the same he shouldn't have to pay to get his teeth fixed. I'd feel a bit different if he was trying to get extra money out of the deal but he literally just wants enough to fix his teeth. I think that's fair. I doubt this will even make it to court - they'll probably just settle for the cost.

it was just an accident and it sucks, but i do think he kind of has a point too. if he is struggling with money and his family why should he pay for something that technically wasnt his fault? he seems to know it was an accident too and just wants compensation for the dental work

Maybe Axl could pay to get the guys teeth fixed, but probably not. That idiot should have caught it.

For somebody who's a big fan of somebody who's constantly crying about shit being thrown on stage, this is quite an asinine statement.

He threw something, and somebody got hurt because of it. For all his cries about the dangers of shit being thrown at people, he should own up to his mistake, and compensate the poor guy. Otherwise, I never wanna hear Axl pissing and moaning about shit being thrown on stage again...

Maybe Axl could pay to get the guys teeth fixed, but probably not. That idiot should have caught it.

For somebody who's a big fan of somebody who's constantly crying about shit being thrown on stage, this is quite an asinine statement.

He threw something, and somebody got hurt because of it. For all his cries about the dangers of shit being thrown at people, he should own up to his mistake, and compensate the poor guy. Otherwise, I never wanna hear Axl pissing and moaning about shit being thrown on stage again...

You are bobo indeed. This is a microphone we're talking about. Even if you don't like Axl. you can sell the motherfucker on Ebay or something.

it's a gift, it's not like Axl want's to hit someone in the crowd. If he want to hit someone he'll do it with his own hands. see St.Louis.

I remember seeing GnR in 1992 with Metallica and Body Count. When they finished the last song, Axl said something like "are you ready", waited a second or 2, then threw the mic. To me it seemed like he was trying to throw the mic to one of the crew out beyond the crowd on the floor. In other words, he wanted the mic back after the show. Just throwing that out there(no pun intended).

You are bobo indeed. This is a microphone we're talking about. Even if you don't like Axl. you can sell the motherfucker on Ebay or something.

it's a gift, it's not like Axl want's to hit someone in the crowd. If he want to hit someone he'll do it with his own hands. see St.Louis.

It still doesn't change the fact he did hit and hurt somebody. I'm not saying he he did it as a malicious asshole. But he should have to own up to it, especially as somebody that constantly preaches about not throwing shit, as it can hurt people.

People that drive don't mean to get into car accidents and hurt other people. But it happens, and you have to face the consequences to your actions.

man, i'm trying to defend axl on ultimate-guitar... thought quest I say haha.

I mean, ok he got hurt. lets pay his dental work. But axl is not an asshole in this story! every fucking fans would be happy to catch this phone but him! I wouldn't mind having dental work to catch this mic hahaha

I mean, ok he got hurt. lets pay his dental work. But axl is not an asshole in this story! every fucking fans would be happy to catch this phone but him! I wouldn't mind having dental work to catch this mic hahaha

I'm not saying he's a bad guy in this case. I think it was a honest mistake. I'm just saying, Axl should at least take responsibility for his mistake, and pay for the guy's dental work.

I'm not saying he's a bad guy in this case. I think it was a honest mistake. I'm just saying, Axl should at least take responsibility for his mistake, and pay for the guy's dental work.

thats what i'm saying too. what upset me are the asshole comments

Correct me if I am wrong but I think there is a clause on your ticket that says that the arena and the band are not responsible for any damages done to you. I know I've read clauses like that on baseball ticket stubs or something to that effect.

But where do you draw the line. Hurling microphone stands into the audience :D

I'm not saying he's a bad guy in this case. I think it was a honest mistake. I'm just saying, Axl should at least take responsibility for his mistake the accident, and pay for the guy's dental work.

Fixed

Cleaned this up a little bit - Guys, please lay off the attacks against each other. Sorry to be that guy.

That's good. my post in ref to it was absolute sarcasm.

You're fine dude, just had to remove yours as well due to quoting the initial post

Now back on topic :)

Edited by Forsaken

Correct me if I am wrong but I think there is a clause on your ticket that says that the arena and the band are not responsible for any damages done to you. I know I've read clauses like that on baseball ticket stubs or something to that effect.

Depends on the venue doesn't it?

I don't even bother on UG anymore - there's so much Axl hate on there it's insane. Although, I did get lots of upvotes for defending Scott Weiland on his last sensationalist article :lol:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/wtf/injured_guns_n_roses_fan_to_sue_axl_rose.html

The comments are a fucking joke on there.

Yeah nothing says gift like getting hit in the mouth by microphone and having your teeth chipped

I completely agree, but I wonder if paying for the dental work would be some kind of admission of liability and open the band/Axl up for damages beyond -just- the dental work.

I feel like they would have already offered to pay for the guy's teeth if it were that simple. Did the guy even ask GNR's management for money for the dental work? Or did he just straight up initiate legal proceedings? The article isn't really clear on that.

It just seems like this guy might be a little sue-happy, and if that's the case, offering to pay for it at this stage could be risky if the guy is intent on seeing it end up in court.

In any case, he still threw the mic last night... so it doesn't look like it'll change things in that respect. :)