Injured fan gunning for Axl

Tabitha27

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do we actually know he took a mic to the grill? It's dark. There are tons of people there beside him throwing their arms in the air, throwing elbows. It'll never stick in court. Let him sue.

Elbows don't chip teeth like that. On the balance of probabilities the mic caused that damage and a local magistrate will rule in favour if it went that far. It would cost uncle axl more in costs to defend than just pay this bozo 5k and be done with it.

His credibility isn't all that good though, he shouldn't be straight into the media.

man, i'm trying to defend axl on ultimate-guitar... thought quest I say haha.

I mean, ok he got hurt. lets pay his dental work. But axl is not an asshole in this story! every fucking fans would be happy to catch this phone but him! I wouldn't mind having dental work to catch this mic hahaha

I'm not saying he's a bad guy in this case. I think it was a honest mistake. I'm just saying, Axl should at least take responsibility for his mistake, and pay for the guy's dental work.

I completely agree, but I wonder if paying for the dental work would be some kind of admission of liability and open the band/Axl up for damages beyond -just- the dental work.

I feel like they would have already offered to pay for the guy's teeth if it were that simple. Did the guy even ask GNR's management for money for the dental work? Or did he just straight up initiate legal proceedings? The article isn't really clear on that.

It just seems like this guy might be a little sue-happy, and if that's the case, offering to pay for it at this stage could be risky if the guy is intent on seeing it end up in court.

In any case, he still threw the mic last night... so it doesn't look like it'll change things in that respect. :)

I'm sure the venue's management handles this before band management would. His lawyer prob. knows about it.

This is no different than someone hitting a home run, and the guy who happened to be up bringing drinks to his chair got bonked in the head. You can bet the management compensates them with free stuff.

5000 is prob. what his lawyer said, the outcome's prob. going to be the venue and maybe Axl splitting the difference on a few hundred dollars to get him some dental work. But anyone can claim they were injured at a concert that weren't. They're prob. going to want proof, like a recent photo of him smiling.

Whilst i do think its only right that the bands management pay for his teeth I still think its pathetic how far this bloke is going.

"I got my tooth knocked out by Axl Rose" - Great story to be able to tell.

Yes i know! Now Axl can tell that story and actually sound credible, instead of that bullshit story about him and Howard Stern beating up 12 french guys...haha!

Edited by AndreCC