Vegas DVD/Blu-Ray Discussion

Randy Lahey

Fernando may not RF to get as big of a cut since they are not pulling their weight?

How have Rock Fuel not been pulling their weight? Since forming, they've already released DVDs by The Smashing Pumpkins, Korn and Jane's Addiction. The only problems they've experienced have been during efforts to release a DVD by GNR.

I'm not making anything up. I'm asking questions.

Why don't you ask Russ too? He's been informed of the same thing.

I'm not prepared to speculate as to why Fernando hasn't been perceived as "supportive" of the project.

What he said. Several people have heard from sources at Rock Fuel. As far as I know, there hasn't been anything specific said about the how's and why's of it, just that one person has been much harder to work with when it comes to getting this released.

No need to treat NGOG as if he's pretending to be an insider, that's not how I took his post at all personally.

Fernando may not RF to get as big of a cut since they are not pulling their weight?

How have Rock Fuel not been pulling their weight? Since forming, they've already released DVDs by The Smashing Pumpkins, Korn and Jane's Addiction. The only problems they've experienced have been during efforts to release a DVD by GNR.

I'm not prepared to speculate as to why Fernando hasn't been perceived as "supportive" of the project.

What he said. Several people have heard from sources at Rock Fuel. As far as I know, there hasn't been anything specific said about the how's and why's of it, just that one person has been much harder to work with when it comes to getting this released.

No need to treat NGOG as if he's pretending to be an insider, that's not how I took his post at all personally.

That was easy. If he had just said he doesn't know anything more instead of being cryptic, evasive and defensive we could have trimmed about a dozen posts from this exchange.

• Like 1

That was easy. If he had just said he doesn't know anything more instead of being cryptic, evasive and defensive we could have trimmed about a dozen posts from this exchange.

I hear ya. I honestly don't think he was trying to be "Cryptic Pseudo-Insider Guy" but I can understand why it came off that way.

Axl: What's up with the Vegas DVD?

Fernando: What's up with the Vegas DVD?

Rockfuel: We're working on it. Stay tuned!

Axl: What the fuck is happening with that Vegas DVD?

Fernando: What the fuck is happening with that Vegas DVD?

Rockfuel: Almost ready!! It's going to blow you guys away.

Rockfuel: It's ready now! We have 3 different release dates to choose from, along with a marketing plan. This is the best one we've done yet, all kinds of special features!

Axl: Changed my mind. Postpone it.

Fernando: The time isn't exactly right now. We're going to have to postpone this indefinitely for now.

Axl: And while you're at it, find something to sue them for.

• Like 1

How is he not supportive? What is he not being supportive of?

Do I have to spell it out for you? Successfully releasing "Appetite for Democracy".

Wait... So you got Rick fuel to talk shit on Fernando, and then come post about it on the forum? What a lousy fan you are.

I never mentioned Rock Fuel. I explicitly referred to a 'GNR source'. Russ mentioned Rock Fuel.

The main point is, we are entitled to know what is preventing the fruition of this DVD. After all, we were promised this production would arrive in time for summer.

Instead of waiting for GNR management to give us some cryptic clue, we need to aggressively seek the truth for ourselves.

Edited by NGOG

Can u be more specific as to how Fernando's getting in the way of it? What's his reasonings?

I don't know the answer to that. As I've said, all I know is that Fernando has been percieved as 'unsupportive'.

Perhaps GNR management feel different about the situation; they may lay the blame with another involved party.

Edited by NGOG

Is it not possible that Fernando is working on Axl's behalf, and that it's Axl who doesn't want this released? If Axl really wanted this released, wouldn't he make sure Fermanager got it done?Potter

I don't rule this out.

Forget usual studio magic, its going to take some straight up Harry Potter shit to get Axl's vocals to sound good. The man is not deaf.