GNR Songs You Want Slash/Myles to Cover?

ChristmasFnatic

I'd like see see Pretty Tied Up and Don't Cry, namely because Pretty Tied Up rocks and Don't Cry is one of my favorite Slash solos.

Have they ever played Estranged by the way?

Negative. I don't think they'd give it a go, especially without piano unless they did it at one of their acoustic shows.

I'd obviously be in for slash and myles having a bash at anything off there as I love those albums, but seeing as slash hates them, the only one I can ever see getting close is you could be mine, as that was intended for appetite.

When you listen to appetite, and slash's work since, you can hear what a massively over processed different sound uyi's were. Slash's guitar is there, but there's so many other sounds it's just not real rock and roll anymore.

GnR was appetite, not uyi, it'd be like they were covering something from a completely different artist, not slash's own work.

I wonder what the tracks off uyi really sounded like before axl got his hands on the guys work and mixed the shit out of it.

I'd obviously be in for slash and myles having a bash at anything off there as I love those albums, but seeing as slash hates them, the only one I can ever see getting close is you could be mine, as that was intended for appetite.

When you listen to appetite, and slash's work since, you can hear what a massively over processed different sound uyi's were. Slash's guitar is there, but there's so many other sounds it's just not real rock and roll anymore.

GnR was appetite, not uyi, it'd be like they were covering something from a completely different artist, not slash's own work.

I wonder what the tracks off uyi really sounded like before axl got his hands on the guys work and mixed the shit out of it.

I don't think Slash ever flat out said he hated songs like November Rain and Estranged. He even wanted a co-writing credit on Estranged because he felt like he had made significant contributions to the song and was proud of his work. I think he was just worried about those becoming a sole focus of the band, thus why he wanted to do a raw record afterwards. I don't think he was opposed to doing the ballads and big guns, but not at all the time.

I was actually thinking about them playing "Locomotive" the other day.. Then I remembered teh piano.. Coma would be pretty f'n cool..

I really want to see Slash and Izzy do a tour before I die.. The chemistry between those two is almost unmatched.. Off topic I know..

I was actually thinking about them playing "Locomotive" the other day.. Then I remembered teh piano.. Coma would be pretty f'n cool..

I think Locomotive could still work without a piano. It's really only in the outro and Slash's big solo would be distracting enough that you wouldn't miss it anyways.