My theory on why there isn't a new album from GNR

Tabitha27

Because of what happened with Chinese Democracy.

I don't care what anyone says, I feel leaks hurt artists especially when they are unfinished tracks.

The monumental promotion that was promised with the Best Buy Deal which was a joke.

I think the GNR camp had no idea how powerful the internet is.

Axl was a total tard for playing it in a strip club for "friends" to hear and then someone in there recorded a copy.

So I feel the only way we will ever get a new album from GNR is if Axl has to be super careful who he enlists to record it so no unauthorized copies leak.

Or, revert back to the 80s and put the next album on a record option only.

I also think that all this touring will help to fund a record but hopefully Team Brazil will be more careful in who they let in to listen to tracks because there are a bunch of people who are just in that loop to get something from them and that's sad.

I don't care what anyone says, I feel leaks hurt artists especially when they are unfinished tracks.

The monumental promotion that was promised with the Best Buy Deal which was a joke.

Axl was a total tard for playing it in a strip club for "friends" to hear and then someone in there recorded a copy.

So I feel the only way we will ever get a new album from GNR is if Axl has to be super careful who he enlists to record it so no unauthorized copies leak.

I also think that all this touring will help to fund a record but hopefully Team Brazil will be more careful in who they let in to listen to tracks because there are a bunch of people who are just in that loop to get something from them and that's sad.

I thought MySpace did way more in killing sales than the leaks.

I think next time, they'll just put it out song by song and sell it directly from the website, and put out a very limited amount of CDs for stores like Amoeba. The only consumers left for compact discs are libraries and fans/collectors. Things have changed since 2008.

People aren't going to file share sites to get free music as much anymore, and the sales at Amazon & iTunes attest to it. They might strike some deal with Spotify or iTunes when the next album comes out, and just do an online world premiere/listening party.

Axl didn't just have the recordings through Universal, his publishing's through them as well, because of the Sanctuary deal from a few years ago.

Edited by dalsh327

I thought MySpace did way more in killing sales than the leaks.

I think next time, they'll just put it out song by song and sell it directly from the website, and put out a very limited amount of CDs for stores like Amoeba. The only consumers left for compact discs are libraries and fans/collectors. Things have changed since 2008.

People aren't going to file share sites to get free music as much anymore, and the sales at Amazon & iTunes attest to it. They might strike some deal with Spotify or iTunes when the next album comes out, and just do an online world premiere/listening party.

Axl didn't just have the recordings through Universal, his publishing's through them as well, because of the Sanctuary deal from a few years ago.

I agree with you about Myspace hurting album sales. I remember it being reported that 8 million+ listened to it on there the night before it was release. It was the most listened to album ever on Myspace. Why pay for something tomorrow that you can get for free today.

Guest bellastar2355

Attempting to clean this up....

Act like grown ups people, for the love of god.

So what, nothing bad can be said about Axl? Just wondering what it takes to act like a grown up

Almost every album leaks nowadays. I doubt that's the reason Axl is afraid to release new music. Leaks won't stop fans from buying it anyways, plus most money is made in touring and merchandise for bands so the desire to release new music should be to please both himself as an artist and the fans who'd love to hear what's new from his or her favourite singer.

The reason we don't have a new album is because Axl doesn't want to, at least right now. It'd be nicer if he'd just tell us instead of vague "definitely maybe" like comments but otherwise the reason we lack a new album is because of Axl.

So what, nothing bad can be said about Axl? Just wondering what it takes to act like a grown up

Have all of the opinions you want about Axl, that's fine, but there are personal shots here and various other posts completely off topic. If you would like to stay on topic that is perfectly fine.

Guest bellastar2355

Have all of the opinions you want about Axl, that's fine, but there are personal shots here and various other posts completely off topic. If you would like to stay on topic that is perfectly fine.

Really? But you deleted the post that called him fat and his voice sucks...

That's why I'm confused.

That's why I'm confused.

Well he isn't fat -how much do you weigh? Just curious to see if you are fat under your own perception of it.

And his voice isn't as "raspy" as some would like it to be but most of CD wasn't all that raspy either.

Edited by Coma16

Guest bellastar2355

That's why I'm confused.

Well he isn't fat -how much do you weigh? Just curious to see if you are fat under your own perception of it.

And his voice isn't as "raspy" as some would like it to be but most of CD wasn't all that raspy either.

Have you looked at my precious posts? I have done nothing but defend Axl's "fat" status

Just look at page one of this thread

Edited by bellastar2355

That's why I'm confused.

Have you looked at my precious posts? I have done nothing but defend Axl's "fat" status

Just look at page one of this thread

My bad, I thought it was your post. My explanation still stands (with the exception of asking you your weight)