Booking agency: Paradigm

2012 Top 200 Tours (Source)

143. Guns N' Roses
Gross: 5.7 million dollars
Average ticket price: $91.14
Average tickets sold: 3,481
Average gross: $317,214

Edited by TheSeeker

Yes but you're ignoring a few key points, which are that the ticket sales depend in how many shows were played and how big the venue is.

Pollstar doesn't even give out the additional data if the band fails to break the Top 100.

This is the first year GNR has fallen out of the Top 100 since 2002.

Edited by TheSeeker

Yes but you're ignoring a few key points, which are that the ticket sales depend in how many shows were played and how big the venue is.

Pollstar doesn't even give out the additional data if the band fails to break the Top 100.

See my last post. No way in hell a band will break the top 100 on a limited club tour, no matter how much tickets cost and how well they sell.

See my last post. No way in hell a band will break the top 100 on a limited club tour, no matter how much tickets cost and how well they sell.
Agreed.

There it is. End of story.

Ali

...doesn't the fact that they've been reduced to clubs and theaters bother you all?

It bothers me. It especially bothers me that they try to play it off like "ONCE IN A LIFETIME CHANCE!! CAN'T BELIEVE WE'RE EVEN DOING THIS FOR OUR FANS!!"

And look at how much they had to jack up the ticket prices in 2012 to make up for the lesser crowds.

...doesn't the fact that they've been reduced to clubs and theaters bother you all?

This band has to downsize to match its dwindling crowds, apparently.

So what? You're starting a thread just to bitch? I'm as bored with this brand as the next guy, but c'mon dude!

This band has to downsize to match its dwindling crowds, apparently.

So what? You're starting a thread just to bitch? I'm as bored with this brand as the next guy, but c'mon dude!

He started a topic so we could discuss the issue and share opinions. If most of the responses are negative towards the band, so be it. It's difficult to be a hardcore fan and not have negative thoughts/opinions about this band.

But they haven't. They play larger venues too.

And if they were reduced to only play only small venues, it wouldn't bother me at all. Why would it? I don't live my life vicariously through a rock band.

Edited by SoulMonster

Gn'R for sure is not going to get bigger in any sense (not counting on Axl's size)... Axl's Gn'R is going to be more and more a club filling act in the future, as its music is not really that relevant anymore on the mainstream music market.

But they haven't. They play larger venues too.

And if they were reduced to only play only small venues, it wouldn't bother me at all. Why would it? I don't live my life vicariously through a rock band.

Don't you realise that you're not a true fan unless you're butthurt and whining about something? If it doesn't take a minimum of at least 30 years to come to the understanding that you're not gonna get your way regardless of the effort you put into showing the internet that you know how to cling to the past, you just aren't doing it right. :shrugs:

Bet he won't post the numbers from the South American tour. Whoops.

I think GNR didn;t play SA in 2012...Also they played Europe...

And yes probably in next years we can except 6000 shows and festivals

Right, but since he was comparing tours from 2002 to present, I think it would be more representative to look at the worldwide numbers during those years. The 2011 South American tour put up some big numbers.