Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

The show in Bern is surely not gonna happen as well then and also Milan and maybe even Hyde Park one might be in jeopardy. I just hope Mick takes the time he needs to recover. He’s obviously in great shape but still pushing 79 and has got a history with heart issues. 

• Like 2

Jagger just got covid. He is 78 years old. Hope he gets better soon.  The Stones are one of the only bands from the UK who are still making music and still together, even after losing some members.

I can't believe the energy Mick still has. Just amazing.

When they played Dallas last year it was pouring rain. The venue handed out ponchos for all the fans. it was an outdoor venue. 

The concert was rocking and the fans didn't care about the rain at all.

Wonder how it works for Lucky Dip tickets when they have to cancel the show so late that doors are already open. I would hope you get to keep the seats you got, that would really suck if you pulled pit or some premium seats, then the show got postponed and you end up with shitty seats for the reschedule if they redraw. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Saw some footage from the concert in London. I swear whatever Mick takes for energy is freaking amazing. The man is like a teen jumping and running all over the stage.  Keith, my mom said, never moves much. lol She saw them first on the Ed Sullivan show. Never saw them live, but still rocking all these years is amazing. Only 2 original members left, but the memories will live on forever.

Axl said Mick is some role model.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dean said:

For those that don't stay in the UK, there's a 4 part series of The Stones titled 'My Life as a Rolling Stone'. Jagger, Keef, Ron and Charlie all have an episode each. If you have the means, get this watched:

BBC iPlayer - My Life as a Rolling Stone - Series 1: 1. Mick Jagger

I watched all 4. 

Mick, Charlie, Keith & Ronnies in that order of enjoyment. Nothing new but worth a watch. 

Ive missed the last 2 legs of Stones gigs, first time I’ve missed a Stones tour since 1995. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, SAU3R said:

Just got home from Paris and holy shit, what a show that was! The band was ON FIRE, the crowd was the best I’ve seen so far at a stones show (seen them in Hamburg, Berlin and Amsterdam before), weather was perfect. Keith spent more time on the catwalk than during the whole 2019 US tour combined, he had a great time, looked happy, moved a lot but also played very good and focused. Must have found the fountain of youth. Mick was a force of nature as usual. Ronnie seemed to have declined the most since I last saw them in 2018, but that’s no big surprise given what he’s been through since then. He still played quite good, but Mick and Keith definitely carry the show these days, other than back in 2017 when Keith wasn’t on top of his game
Probably the best show I’ve ever attended, even though I wouldn’t go to a show in that venue again, it’s a nightmare to get to and away from it after the show.

I’ll see them again in Gelsenkirchen on Wednesday, but I honestly can’t see how they’re gonna beat the show last night. 

Some vids:

Glad you had a great time. I'm gutted not to be over at all for the Sixty Tour, here's to hoping they hit the States with it next year. I'm so jealous of everyone who's getting to see them play Out Of Time, it's one of my absolute favorite Stones deep cuts, and I never imagined it would get played live. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...