Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

I shudder to think what the ticket prices will be here in Oz since every live gig here is nearly double the price of anywhere else in the world.

I'll probably go though, never seen them live and probably never will again. And since I'm all about pissing money up the wall lately, what's the big fucking deal, hey? :lol:

Dates should be up...like...now.

Can't find them anywhere yet.

edit:

50 & COUNTING TOUR DATES

TBA Los Angeles STAPLES Center TBA

May 5 Oakland Oracle Arena On sale April 8 @ 10AM PST

May 8 San Jose HP Pavilion On sale April 8 @ 10AM PST

May 11 Las Vegas MGM Grand Garden Arena TBA

May 15 Anaheim Honda Center TBA

May 25 Toronto Air Canada Centre On sale April 8 @ 10AM EST

May 28 Chicago United Center On sale April 8 @ 10AM CST

June 12 Boston TD Garden TBA

June 18 Philadelphia Wells Fargo Center TBA

As well as Hyde Park, London

http://www.rollingstones.com/2013/04/03/the-rolling-stones-are-back-50-counting-tour-hits-usa-and-canada/

http://www.rollingstones.com/2013/04/03/the-rolling-stones-back-in-hyde-park-saturday-6-july-2013/

Edited by username

Tornto date couldn't be anymore perfect for me.

Might give this a shot.

An arena show (pretty much guaranteed to be a second Toronto show)..regardless, it'll sell out in nanoseconds and I probably won't score anyway.

Not sitting sidestage or behind the stage, and not going scalper.

Soooo..let's see if luck is on my side.

If there's ever going to be a Dutch show... I think in 2006 they cost me about 110/120 euro's and in 2007 about 90/100 euro's. I'd hate to pay a lot more this year... Anything over 150 is barely a consideration. I mean.... this is a little crazy.

Isn't upper bowl seating generally kinda shitty?

I've sat in many, and I'm not quite sure what's so radically different about the ACC??

Ever sat 500 level in the Rogers Centre?...upper bowl in the ACC ain't so bad after that. :tongue2:

I've sat in many, and I'm not quite sure what's so radically different about the ACC??

Ever sat 500 level in the Rogers Centre?...upper bowl in the ACC ain't so bad after that. :tongue2:

That fucking wall that hangs down above the rim of the floor. Blocks view lines and the sound is atrociously bad - it was so bad at VH that I actually tried to argue a refund with Ticketmaster. It's so much worse than any other upper bowl seating I've ever had.

When the Stones had posted their song list from the 50 shows, they did have "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" written down. We'll see if they get Mick Taylor to do more than "Midnight Rambler".

Staples upper level's pretty bad for concerts. I blame the promoters on the venues, not the band in this case.

That fucking wall that hangs down above the rim of the floor. Blocks view lines and the sound is atrociously bad - it was so bad at VH that I actually tried to argue a refund with Ticketmaster. It's so much worse than any other upper bowl seating I've ever had.

Is that at the very back rows or something? I don't think I've had a blocked view in the upper level before..

Is that at the very back rows or something? I don't think I've had a blocked view in the upper level before..

Maybe halfway up, and halfway back on the side.

I can attest that the sound is atrocious for ACC upper bowl. That being said, I'm generally not impressed with the sound at the ACC anyways. Give me Copps any day.

I do agree with you Zint - it's not that bad if you're comparing it to 500s at the Rogers. :lol:

I can attest that the sound is atrocious for ACC upper bowl. That being said, I'm generally not impressed with the sound at the ACC anyways. Give me Copps any day.

I do agree with you Zint - it's not that bad if you're comparing it to 500s at the Rogers. :lol:

Copps is quite nice in the upper bowl.

Probably going to be the last kick of the can

People have been saying that since 1975!

Yeah well, 3 members will be in their 70's by the end of this year.

That's a far cry from '75.

Tick tock,,ya know? :lol:

And Keef has really been struggling with his chops last time out.........Don't know if this will be the last time they play but I can't see them touring again after this one...maybe one offs and special occasions............

Yeah I noticed that with Keef.

Regardless, I still think that electricity, that sense of something special going down will be evident at these gigs.

You know, that Stones-vibe that you only experience at a live gig.

Keef hitting a note once every five bars is a little less noticeable at a live show (perhaps).

I rewatched that ppv the other night and just found myself thinking...I really should try to take in one of these gigs.

I don't disagree Zint as a Stones concert is an event but after seeing multiple shows every tour since 1975 I just don't know if I can justify dropping $1000 for tickets for me and the wife this time around for decent seats.........and I refuse to pay $200 a ticket for nose bleeds..........that being said if someone has the money to spend it is a concert you will never forget and highly recommended............