Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

4 hours ago, SAU3R said:

The Stones' next 'From the vault' release will be Atlantic City with Axl and Izzy on 'Salt of the Earth'! 

day one buy.

I'll go with the blu ray + CD version

count on the stones to release new Axl rose live material in stead of Axl himself

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am listening to the Goats Head bonus disc now. I prohibited myself from listening to the singles until the entire thing was released. 'Scarlet' is a bit more of a Keith solo song really, granted there is a lot of stuff on Exile you could apply that to: it was recorded after Goats Heads' release at Ron Wood's house, Keith and Stu with Page, Ric Grech and Bruce Rowland.  'All the Rage' has a new vocal by Mick - it was basically an instrumental. 'Criss Cross' has been floating around for years. 

'Scarlet' is indeed glorious. 'Criss Cross' is good. 'All the Rage' doesn't do much for me. Rest are just a bunch of alts - and I have both nights of The Brussels Affair - but nice to listen to all the same. That version of '100 Years Ago' is especially recommended. 

Further,

Q: How's the new album coming along? 

Jagger: I'm doing a lot of writing and I finished off a lot of tracks that we recorded. We'll see how it goes when we get together. The last (six) months, it's been quite hard to get together and studios aren't really open much. But we hope to get together soon and get on with it. I would really like if it was finished by the end of the year. 

Q: You fast-tracked the release of “Living in a Ghost Town” because of its relevance to the pandemic. Are there other new songs inspired by or related to current events? 

Jagger: They're all, to some extent, inspired by what's going on. But they're not quite so on the nose as "Ghost Town." I think one like that's enough. What you write reflects the times you're living in, so lyrically, I think they'll all be somewhat influenced without being obvious.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/music/2020/09/03/mick-jagger-talks-goats-head-soup-teases-new-rolling-stones-album/5705267002/

Edited by DieselDaisy

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I cannot stand 'All the Rage' haha (I always feel a bit guilty when I dislike a Stones song). It grates. It sounds like Slade or some bollocks - Jagger sounds like Noddy Holder.

I actually don't mind All the Rage, though must say, Noddy Holder is a vastly superior chanter to Jagger - he turned down AC/DC before they auditioned Jonner. Slade have a lot of shite in their back catalog, but credit where it's due, he was one of the best chanters of his time. 

On 9/7/2020 at 11:02 AM, Dean said:

I actually don't mind All the Rage, though must say, Noddy Holder is a vastly superior chanter to Jagger - he turned down AC/DC before they auditioned Jonner. Slade have a lot of shite in their back catalog, but credit where it's due, he was one of the best chanters of his time. 

Oh, I quite like some of their more obscure, well more obscure than that dreadful Christmas song, numbers. It is just that I do not like my Jaggers to sound like my Noddies. It has that mid '70s Christmas Day ''Brussels Sprouts'' Top of the Pops feel.

Not overly impressed with the bonus disc to be honest. I like 'Scarlet', '100 Years' piano demo and that jammy version of 'Hide your Love' (Taylor!). The rest is the type of thing you listen to once then chuck in a pile somewhere and never listen to again - and I love Goats Head as everybody knows. On a more positive note I have been listening to 'Living in a Ghost Town' again and am still enjoying it. 

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Oh, I quite like some of their more obscure, well more obscure than that dreadful Christmas song, numbers. It is just that I do not like my Jaggers to sound like my Noddies. It has that mid '70s Christmas Day ''Brussels Sprouts'' Top of the Pops feel.

Not overly impressed with the bonus disc to be honest. I like 'Scarlet', '100 Years' piano demo and that jammy version of 'Hide your Love' (Taylor!). The rest is the type of thing you listen to once then chuck in a pile somewhere and never listen to again - and I love Goats Head as everybody knows. On a more positive note I have been listening to 'Living in a Ghost Town' again and am still enjoying it. 

Oi, Noddy Holder is a musical genius, damn you.

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Makes you wonder what else they are sat on though. For a number like Scarlet to remain locked in the vault for decades is a sin and I can imagine there are a lot more stored away that will hopefully see the light of day at some point. Living in a Ghost town took a few listens for me to get into, but I really enjoy it. Hopefully not too long of a wait til they get a full album out, songs of the ilk of Doom and Gloom would be immensely pleasing

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

• 2 months later...

The Rolling Stones Unzipped exposition has opened in my hometown, Groningen, in The Netherlands. First staging on the European mainland. I really need to go see it! :wub: 

It's in the same museum that also hosted David Bowie Is, and they did an amazing job there. So I'm really excited about this. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Netflix are gonna do a TV show about The Stones.  I mean like a proper dramatized version of it all. 

Not sure how I feel about this. Could be great if they simply stick to the truth. It's crazy enough after all. 

Hope it won't cause another Jagger/Richards fight. :D

26 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I'm down for sure. They should put out a record and tour too when it comes out. Mega Stones resurgence

I'm always for a new Stones album. Last week, just before the new lockdown here, I went to The Rolling Stones Unzipped. Which is basically the first (I think) staging of Exhibitionism on the European mainland. And it was absolutely amazing. :wub: 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...