Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

The Brussels Affair is weird. The official release is mostly the second night except for three tracks from night one. The unofficial is the whole of night one. It might have been better if the official release was the whole of night two given us complete shows for both nights, but Jagger likes to do weird stuff like this (lopping off Rocks Off from the Ladies and Gentleman re-release).

Moral of the story is, don't chuck out your old bootleg.

Edited by DieselDaisy

2 hours ago, Daedalus said:

There is no such thing as "too many concert films".

It looks really well filmed.

Question, how often are you going to play this? When you reach to your collection are you going to grab this or Ladies and Gentleman for a millionth time?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

Picked up a few of the 1994 Virgin CD pressings over the weekend - is it true that those are the best sounding versions of the albums on CD?

Yes. You've done the correct thing. The new remasters are brickwalled. I bought the new exile for the bonus disc, and switched my main disc with my trusty virgin remaster.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yes. You've done the correct thing. The new remasters are brickwalled. I bought the new exile for the bonus disc, and switched my main disc with my trusty virgin remaster.

I already had Voodoo Lounge, but picked up Sticky Fingers, Tattoo You, and Steel Wheels as well. They had a few others, but I couldn't afford them all in one go.

On ‎2016‎-‎08‎-‎01 at 9:53 AM, classicrawker said:

Careful with Tokyo, you could end up with a shitty pay per view knockoff.
Blu-ray From The Vault FTW.

https://www.amazon.com/Vault-Live-Tokyo-Dome-Blu-ray/dp/B014RDXD3Q/ref=sr_1_5_twi_blu_3?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1471307812&sr=1-5&keywords=rolling+stones+from+the+vault

4 minutes ago, Zint said:

Is it pretty good even though it's SD Blu Ray? The only ones I've bothered to pick up are Hyde Park 1969 (Pretty disappointing), and Hampton 1981 (Much better).

13 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:
13 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Is it pretty good even though it's SD Blu Ray? The only ones I've bothered to pick up are Hyde Park 1969 (Pretty disappointing), and Hampton 1981 (Much better).

Looks great to me.

I have the Blu-ray / cd combo.

If you don't have anything Steel Wheels on blu and you are not completist, I'd go with At The Max, it's fantastic.

If you have At The Max blu (worth the upgrade from dvd) and are looking for something more, yeah I'd say Tokyo from the Vault is worthy.

15 minutes ago, Zint said:

Looks great to me.

I have the Blu-ray / cd combo.

If you don't have anything Steel Wheels on blu and you are not completist, I'd go with At The Max, it's fantastic.

If you have At The Max blu (worth the upgrade from dvd) and are looking for something more, yeah I'd say Tokyo from the Vault is worthy.

I don't have At The Max, but it's on my wishlist, just never got around to picking it up.

Hyde Park 69 was understandably ropey as they hadn't played in two (+) years and were bedding in a new guitarist. Very historic show mind. Jagger in a tutu!!

Regarding Steel Wheels era, make sure you download the PPV from Atlantic City; it features John Lee Hooker and Axl and Izzy.

Edited by DieselDaisy

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Hyde Park 69 was understandably ropey as they hadn't played in two (+) years and were bedding in a new guitarist. Very historic show mind. Jagger in a tutu!!

Regarding Steel Wheels era, make sure you download the PPV from Atlantic City; it features John Lee Hooker and Axl and Izzy.

I'm not talking about the performance on Hyde Park, more the quality of the release. I never really knew the source material was incomplete, hence the Blu Ray is. I don't think there's a single complete song on it actually.

On 16/08/2016 at 3:49 PM, Powerage5 said:

I'm not talking about the performance on Hyde Park, more the quality of the release. I never really knew the source material was incomplete, hence the Blu Ray is. I don't think there's a single complete song on it actually.

I know there were three songs cut out of the broadcast ( "Mercy, Mercy", "Stray Cat Blues" and "No Expectations") which were chucked on the DVD as bonuses.

PS

I'm sure somebody said that the official line that these three songs are cut, thus making an uncut concert impossible, is bollocks; I remember seeing uncut versions of these songs on youtube. Presumably it would not be that hard editing an uncut version of the entire thing together then?

Edited by DieselDaisy

3 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Yeah the quality does not merit bluray treatment but there is so little vidoe material from the 69 tour it was worth getting for the historical value as I am a huge fan of the 69 tour.

I am still holding out hope the do a proper Bluray of all the available the Gimme Shelter movie MSG footage someday as I have read the Maysles Bothers have more in the vault .

Would also love to see the complete Altamont concert video as it does exist but it understandibly most likely will never be released

Great article on that concert.

http://www.salon.com/2000/08/10/gimme_shelter_2/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

Yeah the quality does not merit bluray treatment but there is so little vidoe material from the 69 tour it was worth getting for the historical value as I am a huge fan of the 69 tour.

I am still holding out hope the do a proper Bluray of all the available the Gimme Shelter movie MSG footage someday as I have read the Maysles Bothers have more in the vault .

Would also love to see the complete Altamont concert video as it does exist but it understandibly most likely will never be released

Great article on that concert.

http://www.salon.com/2000/08/10/gimme_shelter_2/

At least they didn't gouge us with the price on the Hyde Park Blu Ray - I think I paid only about $12 when it was a new release.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is a chance to shake hands with Mick, Keef, Ronnie and Charlie for a bargain price...................:lol:

https://www.ifonly.com/music/product/17306/meet-the-rolling-stones-in-las-vegas-2-vip-tickets-and-limited-edition-merchandise

Regular Tickets for the Vegas shows on Stub Hub are actually cheaper than the tickets last tour...........would actually consider going if I had the time.........

Edited by classicrawker

4 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

Here is a chance to shake hands with Mick, Keef, Ronnie and Charlie for a bargain price...................:lol:

https://www.ifonly.com/music/product/17306/meet-the-rolling-stones-in-las-vegas-2-vip-tickets-and-limited-edition-merchandise

Wouldn't want to shake Mick's hand! I don't know where it has been?