Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

Apparently the Hyde Park show will have GA tickets. Bastards.

Yep, reasonably priced ones as well...Lenny can get as close as he wants, flip off Keef and let em know what a fraud he is. :tongue2:

Probably going to be the last kick of the can

People have been saying that since 1975!

Yeah well, 3 members will be in their 70's by the end of this year.

That's a far cry from '75.

Tick tock,,ya know? :lol:

And Keef has really been struggling with his chops last time out.........Don't know if this will be the last time they play but I can't see them touring again after this one...maybe one offs and special occasions............

Yeah I noticed that with Keef.

Regardless, I still think that electricity, that sense of something special going down will be evident at these gigs.

You know, that Stones-vibe that you only experience at a live gig.

Keef hitting a note once every five bars is a little less noticeable at a live show (perhaps).

I rewatched that ppv the other night and just found myself thinking...I really should try to take in one of these gigs.

I don't disagree Zint as a Stones concert is an event but after seeing multiple shows every tour since 1975 I just don't know if I can justify dropping $1000 for tickets for me and the wife this time around for decent seats.........and I refuse to pay $200 a ticket for nose bleeds..........that being said if someone has the money to spend it is a concert you will never forget and highly recommended............

Yeah I hear ya, I've been to numerous shows starting in '78.

This one has Mick Taylor. :shades:

Everyone I know was humming and hawing about this tour..."ehhhh dunno".

Mick Taylor announced (even if for a song or two), they are beyond stoked...it was the deal clincher.

It was for me too, I'm in (if I can get in). :tongue2:

Threw back about ten different ticket selections, until I landed right about where I wanted to be.

Still a little shellshocked that I hit the purchase button!

Don't ask!

...but I'm in (nicely in)

Mick Taylor!

Got a ticket for Hyde Park. Tier 3. I'll probably end up being a kilometer away from the stage. Still a shitload of money at a time when I'm kinda broke but whatever.

Yeah, I was on the presale yesterday and there was only Tier 2 then, and I'm not paying £200 for a band I'm not obsessed about and not be that close to the stage. I think the only gig I would pay £200 for would be an AFD/UYI GNR show. Hell, I'd pay more than £200 for that. My friend is going with her mum and they have Tier 3 tickets but I couldn't see the point of paying £100 to be a mile from the stage.

Those prices make me sick. I just checked out the prices for the canadian shows (the only one that haven't sold out) and they range from £500 for shit seats or £1000 if you want to be in pit.

The cheapest way to the see the stones is by getting a ticket to Glastonbury I'd imagine.

Edited by Axl_morris

Anyone trying for tickets, I can tell you now...there will NOT be a lot of those $200 tickets.

The VIP packages go right in to the upper bowl...to the back!

The $200 range seats will be gone in seconds.

According to The Stones' Facebook, there will be limited supplies of $85 tickets that can be purchased in pairs for each of the shows starting Monday. The catch is you don't know what seat you're in until you pick them up at the box office the day of the show. The good news? It could be among the better seats, including the pit.

Rolling Stones fans offered 1000s of $85 tickets for US and Canada Tour

General onsale for tickets for the 50 & Counting tour of the USA and Canada commences at 10am local time Monday April 8.

As a part of the general onsale, there will be something for everyone, including over 1,000 tickets at $85 (including service charges). Some will be among the best seats in the house in the Tongue Pit, with others spread around the arena. Tickets will be sold as a pair. You will find out your seat location when you pick them up the night of the show. Other tickets range from $150- $600(plus service charges).

More details will be released on Monday, along with the links to purchase these tickets.

Am I the only one who finds methods like this to be extremely stupid? How about just playing a big enough area and having all of the seats be GA with a flat price. :shrugs:

As I expected the nose bleeds are $150.00..........I will take a shot at the $85 tickets and if I don't get them I will have to live vicarously through any of you who go to the shows and report in here........still no date for ticket sales for Boston?

Good luck to all of you trying to get tickets as a Stones show is an event and it will be a great night for sure............

Edited by classicrawker

Guest bellastar2355

According to The Stones' Facebook, there will be limited supplies of $85 tickets that can be purchased in pairs for each of the shows starting Monday. The catch is you don't know what seat you're in until you pick them up at the box office the day of the show. The good news? It could be among the better seats, including the pit.

OMG I'm gonna give it a shot, better than paying 600 for a shitty seat anyways