Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

4 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

So is it just a covers album? 

Largely it seems. From my reading of the information, they entered the studio to do an (original) album but proceeded with a bunch of covers (in two-three days) to get themselves warmed up, which they are now considering releasing before the original record. Presumably, even if this is solely a covers set, an original album will not be far away - perhaps a couple of originals might however appear on this record? The thing which I like was the information that this album was recorded in two days; 2016 and they know what is the true genius of The Rolling Stones, i.e. the four of them locked in a room and recording an album at a very fast rate. The genius of The Stones is the synergy between the four, not forgetting Jones also so let's make it five. It actually sounds like a bit of a ''Keef'' record! (Babylon and Voodoo were more ''Mick records'').

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Largely it seems. From my reading of the information, they entered the studio to do an (original) album but proceeded with a bunch of covers (in two-three days) to get themselves warmed up, which they are now considering releasing before the original record. Presumably, even if this is solely a covers set, an original album will not be far away - perhaps a couple of originals might however appear on this record? The thing which I like was the information that this album was recorded in two days; 2016 and they know what is the true genius of The Rolling Stones, i.e. the four of them locked in a room and recording an album at a very fast rate. The genius of The Stones is the synergy between the four, not forgetting Jones also so let's make it five. It actually sounds like a bit of a ''Keef'' record! (Babylon and Voodoo were more ''Mick records'').

So you are saying there may be an actual studio album after? Oh my godddddddd

Honestly though, I am pumped for a raw blues album. Don't even care if they are mostly covers as long as they are Stonesy. Zeppelin I was mostly covers, afterall

They played a warmup gig last night, a private event for the American Trucking Association.

Setlist:
1. Start Me Up
2. You Got Me Rocking
3. It's Only Rock N' Roll
4. Out Of Control
5. Tumbling Dice
6. Wild Horses
7. Mixed Emotions
8. Honky Tonk Women
9. Miss You
10. Gimme Shelter
11. Brown Sugar
12. Sympathy For The Devil
13. Jumpin' Jack Flash
---
14. Satisfaction

New studio album, Blue and Lonesome, out December 2nd!

1. Just Your Fool 
2. Commit A Crime 
3. Blue And Lonesome 
4. All Of Your Love 
5. I Gotta Go 
6. Everybody Knows About My Good Thing 
7. Ride 'Em On Down 
8. Hate To See You Go 
9. Hoo Doo Blues 
10. Little Rain 
11. Just Like I Treat You 
12. I Can't Quit You Baby