Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

If you figure 18 shows at 15K per show that is 270K tickets. At $18 million that averages to $66.67 per ticket.

But lets face it the shows last year showed the band they can charge outrageous prices and people will still come so I would not expect ticket prices to be that much less than the 5 shows last year.

If you figure 18 shows at 15K per show that is 270K tickets. At $18 million that averages to $66.67 per ticket.

But lets face it the shows last year showed the band they can charge outrageous prices and people will still come so I would not expect ticket prices to be that much less than the 5 shows last year.

Now try it at 80 million. :tongue2:

The 50th shows were an event and with special guests, but they don't need a lot of extras, just make some cool screen videos and play music. If they bring Mick Taylor in to do more songs, and did full albums, people would pay the 500 a ticket. I just thought the end result of the 50 was not what I was hoping it would be.

The 50th shows were an event and with special guests, but they don't need a lot of extras, just make some cool screen videos and play music. If they bring Mick Taylor in to do more songs, and did full albums, people would pay the 500 a ticket. I just thought the end result of the 50 was not what I was hoping it would be.

Better or worse than you expected for the 50th? Because from personal experience, I can tell you it was fucking ace. And I saw arguably the most boring gig of the run...the most boring of the 5 setlists, Mary J. Blige and Gary Clarke Jr., and no Mick Taylor. The only really notable thing about it was last performance of I Wanna Be Your Man. But still one of the absolute best gigs I've seen, and the best Stones gig ;)

Now try it at 80 million. :tongue2:

Doh! misread your post...yeah that would be $300 a ticket just to cover the money the Stones would be getting so as i said don't expect prices to be less than the 50 anniversary tour shows were........

Guest Len B'stard

I've seen The Stones and they aren't worth $600.

You're worth what people are willing to pay for you. And there are people willing to pay $600 or more for The Rolling Stones.

Its that old story that where there's one mug there's 10 out there to take that mug for a ride, if you're there to be taken you can be damn sure there'll be someone to take you, it has nothing to do with value and everything to do with exploitation.

To me, there's been plenty of opportunity to see the Stones since the Steel Wheels tour, and even back then, they were complaining at how expensive the tickets were.

they were complaining about the Stones ticket prices back in 1969 which is one of the reasons they did Altamont......

If prices are similar to what the shows were last year this will be the first tour I will not go to since 1975 but I'm not complaining as I don't blame them for getting what the market will pay and I feel pretty confident all 18 shows will sell out even at those crazy prices.......