12. Miss You
13. Gimme Shelter
14. Start Me Up
15. Sympathy For The Devil
16. Brown Sugar
---
17. You Can't Always Get What What You Want
18. Satisfaction

I get that Mick is probably still getting over being sick, but it sucks that the arena show got more boring setlists than the festival shows in Indio. Still, kudos to Keef for stepping up and doing 3 songs instead of 2. 

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up Havana Moon this morning, and had time to watch about half of it before work. It's quite good - both in terms of presentation, as well as the actual concert. Plenty of crowd shots, which given the nature of that concert I'm perfectly fine with. The only thing that really irks me is, why make two thirds of the concert the main presentation, and have six more songs from the same concert as bonus tracks? Just make the whole concert the whole presentation.

But miles ahead of Sweet Summer Sun for sure!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The new album leaked. I'm still going to buy it but I couldn't resist.

It is awesome! Sounds like it was recorded in the 60s! Some great guitar playing and all around musicianship but the star imo is actually Mick! His voice is so good for this music! I know it is all covers, but they really own these songs.

This album is really raw. Probably the rawest they have sounded since the early '70s. It sounds terrific and has a feel of their earliest stuff.

PS

I might buy this bugger.

PPS

Terrific album. Jagger's singing and harp are exceptional. I wish they'd record an original album this raw.

Edited by DieselDaisy

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

This album is really raw. Probably the rawest they have sounded since the early '70s. It sounds terrific and has a feel of their earliest stuff.

PS

I might buy this bugger.

PPS

Terrific album. Jagger's singing and harp are exceptional. I wish they'd record an original album this raw.

My vinyl copy is coming from Amazon tomorrow. Will be interesting to see how this sells and how it charts on Billboard..........

Maybe going back to their roots will get them thinking about creating a more raw sound for there next album of originals if there is one.

Here is a nice write up in the latest Rolling Stone Mag on the album and the recording process. Sounds like they really enjoyed this one.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/inside-the-rolling-stones-new-album-blue-lonesome-w450645

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 1