Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

17 hours ago, action said:

this is a great new album! every band member is on fire

what a great christmas present. easily their best album since "some girls". this is the RS's spaghetti incident. it's rocking and rolling thorough

First you said it's good and then you're calling it the Stones' Spaghetti Incident. Which is it? Make up your mind! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, username said:

First you said it's good and then you're calling it the Stones' Spaghetti Incident. Which is it? Make up your mind! 

i rank TSI above the UYI's. the songs are more intense, and are closer to their appetite sound than the UYI's

so when i say its like TSI, i mean that as a compliment!

On 12/24/2016 at 8:32 AM, action said:

this is a great new album! every band member is on fire

what a great christmas present. easily their best album since "some girls". this is the RS's spaghetti incident. it's rocking and rolling thorough

TSI was a cover of punk and hard rock songs. Blue & Lonesome is a blues record, the bluesiest the Stones have been since Exile on Main St.

1 hour ago, classicrawker said:

don't know about a career saver a they were entering the golden age when that was released and had a lot of brilliant songs but it is an amazing song.....

Well they were having some difficulties though. Drug busts, I think their sales were in decline plus Brian Jones' downward spiral. Jumpin' Jack Flash was like a turning point. They ditched the psychedelic music that dominated 1967 and went back to their roots. That was also when Keef started using the open G technique. 

yeah but they would have been fine without it as the 69 tour was hugely successful and they had an unbelievable run of top 10 albums beginning with Beggars Banquet....Even Satanic reached #2 here in the US.....JJF certainly enhanced their career but wouldn't call it a career saver IMHO as there career was not in trouble at that point to need rescuing....

• 2 weeks later...
On 26-12-2016 at 5:05 AM, classicrawker said:

yeah but they would have been fine without it as the 69 tour was hugely successful and they had an unbelievable run of top 10 albums beginning with Beggars Banquet....Even Satanic reached #2 here in the US.....JJF certainly enhanced their career but wouldn't call it a career saver IMHO as there career was not in trouble at that point to need rescuing....

If wikipedia is correct, the only original Stones studio album NOT to reach a top 10 position in the UK and/or US (depending on where it was released) is their US debut England's Newest Hitmakers. Which made it to 11. I never realised that until now. 

Back in the late 90's I believe the Stones website was selling t-shirts with reproductions of band members from Ronnie Woods original paintings. I missed out on them at the time and they soon sold out. I have beeen searching for them over the years and found Ronnie Woods shirts on eBay 4-5 years ago. I was finally able to complete my collection recently as someone was selling shirts from a guy who worked for the Stones and had amassed a collection of over 5000 Stones related t shirts. IMHO Ronnie is an amazing artist as well as musician...really love the Keef and Charlies images.......

Keef.jpg

Mick.jpg

Ronnie.jpg

Charlie.jpg

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

found this list of alums sold by the Stones on the on the Stones IORR forum posted by RipThis Bone. Not sure of the accuracy but thought other Stones fans might find this interesting.  Evidenlty they got the numbers from this website

http://chartmasters.org/

1. SOME GIRLS....................................11.300.000 million units sold.
2. STICKY FINGERS................................9.350.000
3. TATTOO YOU....................................8.500.000
4. EXILE ON MAINSTREET.......................8.100.000
5. LET IT BLEED.....................................7.000.000
6. VOODOO LOUNGE.............................6.400.000
7. GOAT'S HEAD SOUP..........................6.350.000
8. EMOTIONAL RESCUE..........................5.700.000
9. STEEL WHEELS...................................5.600.000
10. BRIDGES TO BABYLON......................4.700.000
11. BLACK & BLUE.................................4.100.000
12. BEGGARS BANQUET...........................4.000.000
--. Flashpoint......................................4.000.000
--. Stripped.........................................4.000.000
13. AFTERMATH....................................3.900.000
14. DIRTY WORK...................................3.850.000
15. IT'S ONLY ROCK 'N'ROLL..................3.700.000
--. Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out........................3.600.000
16. UNDER COVER.................................3.400.000
--. Still Life........................................3.200.000
17. OUT OF OUR HEADS........................2.850.000
18. No.2/12x5......................................2.700.000
19. A BIGGER BANG................................2.550.000
20. No.1/ENGLAND'S NEWEST... ...........2.500.000
--. Love You Live.....................................2.500.000
21. THEIR SATANIC MAJESTIES................2.450.000
22. BETWEEN THE BUTTONS....................2.200.000
--. Got Live If You Want It.........................1.650.000
23. BLUE & LONESOME.........................1.600.000 approx. until NOW..
24. NOW!.............................................1.300.000
... DECEMBER'S CHILDREN.......................1.300.000
--. No Security..........................................1.250.000

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

How awful are ticket prices this time?

Both Dutch shows were 109 euro for general admission floor tickets including service charges. I expected MUCH worse to be honest! 

I paid the same for a 2006 Stones show at the same venue. Also general admission floor.

Edited by username
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Stones will never die. In 2040 they will still be around, four scrawny scarecrows, charging £10,000 for a ticket to see Jumping Jack Flash. They've looked like skeletons anyhow since the very beginning - Keef has looked like death itself since about 1972. None of them get fat either!

• 2 weeks later...