Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

Guest Len B'stard

To me, there's been plenty of opportunity to see the Stones since the Steel Wheels tour, and even back then, they were complaining at how expensive the tickets were.

I don't blame them for getting what the market will pay

WA-HEY, the revolution will be...uh, marketed?

Seen em once, good enough for me. Sarstock with ac/dc Toronto.

I was there as well. Good (not great) concert but AC/DC stole the show!

Sarstock was the worst Stones concert I ever saw.

AC/DC dominated that entire event...by far.

To me, there's been plenty of opportunity to see the Stones since the Steel Wheels tour, and even back then, they were complaining at how expensive the tickets were.

they were complaining about the Stones ticket prices back in 1969 which is one of the reasons they did Altamont......

In '73 scalpers were getting 10 bucks a pop for Alice Cooper / Billion Dollar Babies tour tickets.

I remember going down to pick up tickets for the Kiss / Love Gun tour in '77, everyone was freaking out that prices had jumped to $7.50!!!

I've got a bootleg of the entire Rush, AC/DC, and Stones performances from that show and yes - AC/DC owned everybody.

Someone forgot to tell Justin that wasn't Jimmy Fallon up on stage.

Not bad for a bunch of old guys.

they were complaining about the Stones ticket prices back in 1969 which is one of the reasons they did Altamont......

If prices are similar to what the shows were last year this will be the first tour I will not go to since 1975 but I'm not complaining as I don't blame them for getting what the market will pay and I feel pretty confident all 18 shows will sell out even at those crazy prices.......

When someone charges that much, they're not interested in bringing in a younger crowd.

If prices are similar to what the shows were last year this will be the first tour I will not go to since 1975 but I'm not complaining as I don't blame them for getting what the market will pay and I feel pretty confident all 18 shows will sell out even at those crazy prices.......

When someone charges that much, they're not interested in bringing in a younger crowd.

The Stones have never worried about their fan base...........

The Rolling Stones have been announced to headline the Glastonbury festival on Saturday 29 June.
Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie will continue their 50 & Counting celebrations on the legendary Pyramid Stage in what will undoubtedly be the highlight of this world famous summer music festival.

Mick Jagger: Can't wait to play Glastonbury. I have my wellies and my yurt!

Keith Richards: We all had such a ball last year, and the energy between the band is so good. We can’t wait to play Glastonbury, see you on a summer's day in England!

Edited by Daedalus

Got this off of a Stones Yahoo group I belong to..........

The Rolling Stones have chosen AEG Live to promote their upcoming North American tour,
according to concert-business sources privy to the tour negotiations,
after the concert giant made what one source calls "a real crazy offer"
to outbid a coalition of promoters including Australia's Paul Dainty and veteran independent companies in U.S. cities. The Stones will receive
between $4 million and $5 million per show, which likely means top
tickets will cost $500 to $650 – slightly less than what the band
charged for the priciest seats at its shows in Brooklyn, Newark and
London in late 2012.
UPDATE: A source close to the negotiations says AEG
merely took over a bid made by Dainty's coalition, at the Stones'
request – and didn't have to make a bid of its own.
As previously reported, the tour will include 18 North American arena dates. A source close to the band told Rolling Stone the tour is set to kick off on May 2nd. The Stones will also play
London's Hyde Park in July, and may add European festival dates. It's
possible the Stones might expand the tour even further later in 2013,
but the band has no concrete plans. "Are the Stones going to do anything after this? I doubt it," says one source. Adds another source, "Look,
anything's possible. But it's Mick and Keith's show, so we don't know."

The Stones were planning to go with Dainty's group until Tuesday
morning, when a lawyer for the Stones called AEG executives and granted
the bid before lunch. AEG tentatively plans to announce the tour in
early April. Sources for the Los Angeles promoter – the world's
second-biggest after Live Nation – declined to comment.
The Stones, who haven't done a full tour since 2006-2007, grossed
$18.3 million with their four North American shows last year, according
to Pollstar. After the 2012 run, which included guests from Lady Gaga to the Black Keys, the band seemed energized. "This thing wasn't enough,"
Keith Richards told Rolling Stone in early January. "It would
be dopey to bring things up to this level and say, 'Well, that's that,
50 years, bye-bye.' Really, all you're going to have to do is wait for
an announcement."

Saw em twice, and they were great. The time I saw them at GIANTS stadium was one of my alltime favorite shows. MSG, was a blast to. If you haven't seen them and can afford to, go for it, they don't disappoint. Usually they have some good surprise guests come onstage for a few songs, so that's always a bonus to.

Leaning towards trying to attend a Toronto show.

Might go up to medium range price-wise...I dunno, kinda on the fence.

Probably going to be the last kick of the can, or at least one worth seeing (that latest ppv was good and all, but man, it was fairly pedestrian), things will only slow down moreso in the future, and I'm not sure I'd want to see that.

This feels like the last go round (for me).

Tickets will sell out in the blink of an eye, so I might not even get one...but all I can do is try.

Probably going to be the last kick of the can

People have been saying that since 1975!

Yeah well, 3 members will be in their 70's by the end of this year.

That's a far cry from '75.

Tick tock,,ya know? :lol:

And Keef has really been struggling with his chops last time out.........Don't know if this will be the last time they play but I can't see them touring again after this one...maybe one offs and special occasions............

Leaning towards trying to attend a Toronto show.

Might go up to medium range price-wise...I dunno, kinda on the fence.

Probably going to be the last kick of the can, or at least one worth seeing (that latest ppv was good and all, but man, it was fairly pedestrian), things will only slow down moreso in the future, and I'm not sure I'd want to see that.

This feels like the last go round (for me).

Tickets will sell out in the blink of an eye, so I might not even get one...but all I can do is try.

Maybe they'll mix in some theater dates. I think Jagger's good for another decade, Keith and Charlie are the big question marks when it comes to future shows. I still hope they do some dates where they play an entire album for a set. It would be cool if they did it along the lines of Springsteen, where each city got a different album and the word was put out ahead of time which albums they'd be playing in that city.

And Keef has really been struggling with his chops last time out.........Don't know if this will be the last time they play but I can't see them touring again after this one...maybe one offs and special occasions............

Yeah I noticed that with Keef.

Regardless, I still think that electricity, that sense of something special going down will be evident at these gigs.

You know, that Stones-vibe that you only experience at a live gig.

Keef hitting a note once every five bars is a little less noticeable at a live show (perhaps).

I rewatched that ppv the other night and just found myself thinking...I really should try to take in one of these gigs.

Regardless, I still think that electricity, that sense of something special going down will be evident at these gigs.

Keef hitting a note once every five bars is a little less noticeable at a live show (perhaps).

I rewatched that ppv the other night and just found myself thinking...I really should try to take in one of these gigs.

This, so much. I've seen a lot of good bands and a lot of great bands. But when you watch the Stones they're one of the very few bands where you feel like you're watching something magical happening. You can't quite put your finger on it, but it's just...there.

Guest Len B'stard

This, so much. I've seen a lot of good bands and a lot of great bands. But when you watch the Stones they're one of the very few bands where you feel like you're watching something magical happening. You can't quite put your finger on it, but it's just...there.

I gets a tingle all down me spinee, me palms sweat and me mouth goes all dryyy :lol: