Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

I nearly killed the Mrs last weekend.... 

I was a volunteer at our local whisky festival this weekend. And by local I mean second largest in the country. Basically from Friday around noon until sunday around midnight. So I didn't catch much news.... On Sunday I saw something on the morning news she was watching where they mentioned Mick. I asked her what was up and she said "You haven't heard?? He died!". Easily the cruelest early april fools joke she ever pulled.... <_< 

Either way, I hope Mick will be healthy and good to go again soon! I can't imagine a world without the Stones... Don't want to either. Much like Rich Cohen, I've always lived in a world that had the sun, the moon and the Rolling Stones... 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2019 at 5:53 PM, Black Sabbath said:

Heart surgery to replace a valve. Supposed to resume this summer, so seems they may just postpone the tour a month or two then.

Yeah, saw this on HLN this morning. They were talking to a heart surgeon and said even though Mick seems to be in good health otherwise, he's still 75 years old and shit happens alot when you get older. I wish Mick well. My mom was young when the Stones were on the Ed Sullivan show. They weren't one of her favorite bands, but she can't imagine a world without them or Mick. Unfortunately, we've lost so many amazing musicians due to age. it sucks.

I know the Stones put on one amazing concert! Honestly, I thought Keith would have more health problems than Mick.

23 hours ago, username said:

I nearly killed the Mrs last weekend.... 

I was a volunteer at our local whisky festival this weekend. And by local I mean second largest in the country. Basically from Friday around noon until sunday around midnight. So I didn't catch much news.... On Sunday I saw something on the morning news she was watching where they mentioned Mick. I asked her what was up and she said "You haven't heard?? He died!". Easily the cruelest early april fools joke she ever pulled.... <_< 

Either way, I hope Mick will be healthy and good to go again soon! I can't imagine a world without the Stones... Don't want to either. Much like Rich Cohen, I've always lived in a world that had the sun, the moon and the Rolling Stones... 

Holy Shit! lol that was cruel! Glad you didn't kill her! 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up the deluxe edition of Honk this morning and been listening to the live tracks. They sound quite good, nice that it’s almost all obscure songs from the last few years. Really makes me wish they released every show like Pearl Jam or Metallica though. They’re admittedly a pretty money hungry band, and they record every show and they don’t really have “off” nights...so why not?

51 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Picked up the deluxe edition of Honk this morning and been listening to the live tracks. They sound quite good, nice that it’s almost all obscure songs from the last few years. Really makes me wish they released every show like Pearl Jam or Metallica though. They’re admittedly a pretty money hungry band, and they record every show and they don’t really have “off” nights...so why not?

The freewheeling bohemian thing is all well and good but y'know, in defence of these bands that are money-hungry, they were the capricious artist artist artist types for a while, all the big guys, Stones, Beatles, Who, Bowie etc etc etc, there are many examples...and they got fucked royally for it, The Stones really didn't start making money til the 80s...then when you look at the amount and the kind of graft they did during the 60s and 70s, The Who were, for a while, on a schedule of two gigs a day, 6 days a week, its like shattering levels of work, we come home from a day in front of the computer or 'on site' for 8 hours and we're fucked, I don't blame em for wanting to make a few quid.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

The freewheeling bohemian thing is all well and good but y'know, in defence of these bands that are money-hungry, they were the capricious artist artist artist types for a while, all the big guys, Stones, Beatles, Who, Bowie etc etc etc, there are many examples...and they got fucked royally for it, The Stones really didn't start making money til the 80s...then when you look at the amount and the kind of graft they did during the 60s and 70s, The Who were, for a while, on a schedule of two gigs a day, 6 days a week, its like shattering levels of work, we come home from a day in front of the computer or 'on site' for 8 hours and we're fucked, I don't blame em for wanting to make a few quid.

Holy fuck man if the fucking rolling fucking stones don’t have enough money then who the fuck does?

4 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Holy fuck man if the fucking rolling fucking stones don’t have enough money then who the fuck does?

But I mean like they didnt really start properly making money until the 80s, thats almost 20 years of graft prior where they really were just like, breaking even, with enough money to keep the show rolling and live a kind of free lifestyle, it werent really piling up in the bank until the 80s.  I dont begrudge em, I really dont, I mean imagine the miles Mick Jaggers pranced about onstage, the dodgy drugs, the headaches, the red eye flights, the combing over financial details and show details, the night you didnt wanna go on, its fuckin’ hard work man.  Most of us would just die from the nerves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

But I mean like they didnt really start properly making money until the 80s, thats almost 20 years of graft prior where they really were just like, breaking even, with enough money to keep the show rolling and live a kind of free lifestyle, it werent really piling up in the bank until the 80s.  I dont begrudge em, I really dont, I mean imagine the miles Mick Jaggers pranced about onstage, the dodgy drugs, the headaches, the red eye flights, the combing over financial details and show details, the night you didnt wanna go on, its fuckin’ hard work man.  Most of us would just die from the nerves.

Absolutely hard work man. A lot of it isn’t so glamorous like you say. I saw an interview with tommy lee or Nikki sixx recently and they brought up their last tour. They claimed they literally didn’t see home for 2 years. Hotels every night and shitty room service food etc. Stones have done that shit for 60 years! They earned every nickel for damn sure.

Edited by Fitha_whiskey

How can they conceivably spend this money? I don't understand people who have 40 million in the bank, trying to increase it to 41 million! It makes no sense to me. I couldn't even be arsed to be that greedy to be honest. Jagger couldn't conceivably spend his fortune (adjusted for inflation) if he lived £2000 years. 

If it was me I'd say, ''ahh, that'll (few million) do''. 

Not that I am picking on Jags as at least the Stones put out fan friendly releases and that blues album which I think is the best thing released in years. This argument is worse for ginger bollocks.  

• GNFNR 1

Any update on what’s going on with the tour? I’m hearing conflicting things. On one hand I hear that it’ll run from July to August now, but on the other hand I’m hearing it’ll be delayed an entire year. Not sure what to believe, at this point, since nothing official has been said yet, it seems.

10 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Any update on what’s going on with the tour? I’m hearing conflicting things. On one hand I hear that it’ll run from July to August now, but on the other hand I’m hearing it’ll be delayed an entire year. Not sure what to believe, at this point, since nothing official has been said yet, it seems.

Like you said, nothing official. Supposedly Mick hoped to be back onstage by July, and other rumors have indicated later this year also. I'd say that's more likely than delaying until next year. Keep in mind that if this gets postponed until next year, 2019 will be the first year since 2011 with no Stones gigs. I  can imagine if Mick is physically able, everyone will be keen to make up the dates this year, as getting back into the groove after a full year off might be harder. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Damn, saw Mick busting his signature moves and he filmed it for his twitter account. The man is back!

On 4/25/2019 at 7:42 PM, Powderfinger said:

I’m thinking it’ll be postponed..... hope I’m wrong. 

So far no dates for the US tour as yet. But since Mick is back on his feet, guess it'll be re-scheduled soon.

5 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Damn, saw Mick busting his signature moves and he filmed it for his twitter account. The man is back!

So far no dates for the US tour as yet. But since Mick is back on his feet, guess it'll be re-scheduled soon.

Glad to have been wrong!! Dates announced this morning 

11 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I've rarely been this happy to see an elderly man dancing. ^_^ 

Stones. :wub: 

• GNFNR 1

• 3 weeks later...