- - -

19. Gimme Shelter

20. Satisfaction

Great set list! 

5 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

Yep, can’t wait for my few gigs to come up.😁

Great set list! 

Which gigs are you doing?

Yeah, night 2 was a good setlist. A bit jealous I didn’t see that one (Especially over Monkey Man), but the rotating songs on night 1 were great also. Sad Sad Sad was really a highlight as Steel Wheels is one of my favorite Stones albums, and surprisingly I had never seen Dead Flowers before. 

8 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Which gigs are you doing?

Yeah, night 2 was a good setlist. A bit jealous I didn’t see that one (Especially over Monkey Man), but the rotating songs on night 1 were great also. Sad Sad Sad was really a highlight as Steel Wheels is one of my favorite Stones albums, and surprisingly I had never seen Dead Flowers before. 

Houston, Denver & Seattle. I had hoped for 2 more but the postponement fucked me a Bit. How about yourself?

• GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

Houston, Denver & Seattle. I had hoped for 2 more but the postponement fucked me a Bit. How about yourself?

Same here - I was supposed to do Philly, Boston, DC, and one of the NJ gigs, but almost everything fell during the Maiden your after the new dates got announced. Just did Chicago 1 and doing Boston now. 

On 6/27/2019 at 9:35 AM, Len Cnut said:

Next time they play England I'm fuckin' goin' and thats all there is to it, I don't care what it costs, I can't die without having seen The Stones, even if they are a bunch of old gits.

I told you about the last time they were here and you didn't do bugger all about it.

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I told you about the last time they were here and you didn't do bugger all about it.

When was that?  Not saying you didn't I just don't recall where they were playing or when.  And also, in the last year or two I have gotten hugely more into The Stones. 

• 2 weeks later...

Good show in Foxborough last night, if not a bit more laid back than Chicago. Not that that’s necessarily a bad thing, but Chicago was both a more energetic performance and setlist. Had seats that should’ve been marked obstructed and weren’t, so got upgraded to $400 seats - that was nice. Play With Fire was great acoustic, and I’m glad She’s So Cold won the song vote. 

• Like 1

On 2019-06-27 at 1:35 AM, Len Cnut said:

Next time they play England I'm fuckin' goin' and thats all there is to it, I don't care what it costs, I can't die without having seen The Stones, even if they are a bunch of old gits.

Last years gigs were amongst the best I’ve seen in 20 years of Stones gigs. It’s never going to be 1972 again, but as long as they’re up there playing, making mistakes, letting the songs breathe, I’m happy.

Keith was better last year than when I seen them in 07. 

Songs im not a fan of on record like Midnight Rambler, should only be heard live. And they killed it a few times last year. Brilliant stuff. 

My dream opener. 

Edited by Powderfinger

1 hour ago, Powderfinger said:

I’m avoiding the YouTube vids, looking forward to Denver & Seattle. How are they sounding compared to last year powerage? Incidentally, how many times have you seen the stones 😂

Last year the only gig I saw was night 1 at London Stadium and I thought they were fucking incredible. I'll admit there was probably a good bit of bias there for me; it was my first time seeing them in their hometown, West Ham is my team so seeing a gig there was really special, and it was a great setlist by current standards. I think the performances this year so far are as good as last year, though London is still my favorite Stones gig. Chicago was a very special one with it being Mick's comeback gig - everyone was really firing on all cylinders, I think it's the most fun I've ever seen them having. I love that they're back to performing as a full band on the B-stage, and I love that it's acoustic - makes for a very intimate moment even in a massive stadium. Like I said last night was a bit more laid back, but a good bit of that stemmed from the setlist. And even so, a laid back gig isn't a bad thing, it just had a different feel. 

I've seen them 11 times; Hershey 2005, Brooklyn 2012, Toronto 2013 (Night 1), Rome 2014, Columbus 2015, Indianapolis 2015, Detroit 2015, Buffalo 2015, London 2018 (Night 1), Chicago 2019 (Night 1), and Boston 2019. Hershey and Brooklyn were probably the weakest shows I've seen from them, every show since has been far better than either of those. Columbus was the only show where I've found the setlist to really be lacking. 

I agree the B stage is nice to have back and you’re spot on, a laid back gig ain’t a bad gig. I wish they would do an acoustic tour to be honest, I think it would suit at this stage of their careers. Break out can’t be satisfied and some of that older blues and Dear Doctor schlock country that they do so well. 

I’m hoping against hope that there will be another run of dates in England before they wrap up. It’s cheaper for me to follow them over there with E50 Ryanair flights etc... 

I’ve seen 16 times, hoping to break 20 😂

Seen them in Wembley Stadium 99, Dublin1 & Dublin 2 & London 1 03, London 06, Slane 07, London 07, London 12, London 13, Toronto 13, Vegas 16, Dublin 17, London 1 & 2 17, Southampton 17, Coventry 17. 

Denver & Seattle puts me up to 18.

Hopefully a few shows in Europe next year get me 20!! 

And for so many years I never thought I’d afford or would be able to see them. I loved them from  age 12 because of 72 tour bootlegs my uncle had. Raw as fuck and just rocking. I didn’t discern between the sex pistols, the stones, the doors, Nirvana, Oasis whatever the fuck guitar bands I liked, I liked. And the stones were as raw as Nirvana or the pistols in their day. 

27 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Last year the only gig I saw was night 1 at London Stadium and I thought they were fucking incredible. I'll admit there was probably a good bit of bias there for me; it was my first time seeing them in their hometown, West Ham is my team so seeing a gig there was really special, and it was a great setlist by current standards. I think the performances this year so far are as good as last year, though London is still my favorite Stones gig. Chicago was a very special one with it being Mick's comeback gig - everyone was really firing on all cylinders, I think it's the most fun I've ever seen them having. I love that they're back to performing as a full band on the B-stage, and I love that it's acoustic - makes for a very intimate moment even in a massive stadium. Like I said last night was a bit more laid back, but a good bit of that stemmed from the setlist. And even so, a laid back gig isn't a bad thing, it just had a different feel. 

I've seen them 11 times; Hershey 2005, Brooklyn 2012, Toronto 2013 (Night 1), Rome 2014, Columbus 2015, Indianapolis 2015, Detroit 2015, Buffalo 2015, London 2018 (Night 1), Chicago 2019 (Night 1), and Boston 2019. Hershey and Brooklyn were probably the weakest shows I've seen from them, every show since has been far better than either of those. Columbus was the only show where I've found the setlist to really be lacking. 

I have a strange question, when I’m looking at match of the day or whatever, where was the stage in relation to the stadium? Was it left end or right end... 😂 I think right but I’m not sure. Every west ham game that’s come on since I’ve been in that stadium makes me ask this question.. Where was the stage! 

What did you think of Gallagher that day? 

10 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

I have a strange question, when I’m looking at match of the day or whatever, where was the stage in relation to the stadium? Was it left end or right end... 😂 I think right but I’m not sure. Every west ham game that’s come on since I’ve been in that stadium makes me ask this question.. Where was the stage! 

What did you think of Gallagher that day? 

It was on the left if you're standing at the tunnel. 

I didn't really care for him, but I'm also not a huge Oasis fan for that matter. 

On 9.7.2019 at 9:04 PM, EvanG said:

Did Keith seriously dye his hair again at age 75? Come on...

I think it suits him, he looks younger than he did the last couple of years (apart from the beer belly) 

And speaking of Keith, I think it's incredible how much his playing improved compared to the previous No Filter legs.. When I saw them in 2017, I thought he was done, he was just posing, his playing was all over the place, 2018 was better but not great.. This year he moves much less but seems to be more focused and for Keith's standards (being 75 and having arthritis) he plays really good

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

Well well well. 2 shows on this tour for me and it’s not the same Keef as last year. Band are a notch down in performance. But still both great shows. Long live the stones. 

Which shows? I did Chicago 1 and Foxborough and thought both were fantastic. Really enjoyed last year in London but I thought both shows this year were better.