Eddie Trunk On Axl Rose's Interview Controversy

Subtle Signs

Really interesting to hear Eddie explain that. Wasn't Beta Axl's manager then? How could she not tell Axl that Eddie Trunk was there, waiting to interview him? Doesn't seem right to me - or good management... :shrugs:

No, i believe Doc the manager prior to Beta (i can't even keep track anymore) set this meeting up.

Edited by Coma16

Really interesting to hear Eddie explain that. Wasn't Beta Axl's manager then? How could she not tell Axl that Eddie Trunk was there, waiting to interview him? Doesn't seem right to me - or good management... :shrugs:

No, i believe Doc the manager prior to Beta (i can't even keep track anymore) set this meeting up.

Yeah it was Doc

Axl knew they were there, it's the same thing when fans bug Beta to get Axl to meet with the fans - depends on how he's feeling. I think the Miami show went well, and was prob. recovering from Rock in Rio backlash and getting past the sluggish sales, probably wanted a distraction from the fact he was doing a tour to pay a settlement off.

Eddie also had another Axl story, but he wrote about it in his book. I think Axl likes being "too busy" and enjoys being chased. Same with Prince and Bob Dylan.

Yeah it was Doc

Thanks for clarifying. Well, this wasn't a personal bash against Beta, I still say that is shit management, it's almost like he didn't want Axl to look good...

Yeah it was Doc

Thanks for clarifying. Well, this wasn't a personal bash against Beta, I still say that is shit management, it's almost like he didn't want Axl to look good...

I might remember this wrong, but I believe Beta wasn't the manager at that point. It was announced later in the year.

There was another management team working for the band for the first half of the US arena tour in 2011.

Doc was confirmed fired by Axl in February of 2011.

Yeah it was Doc

I might remember this wrong, but I believe Beta wasn't the manager at that point. It was announced later in the year.

There was another management team working for the band for the first half of the US arena tour in 2011.

That's what I though. Wasn't it Peter something?

Yeah it was Doc

That's what I though. Wasn't it Peter something?

Yes, Peter Katsis

He asked about the late starts, new music, hof, what the fuck did he need to ask Axl about to make it a "productive interview"?

I guess more about new music.

I think more about his feud with Slash, etc...

His feud with Slash is no one's business but his own. No one should expect an answer on that.

He asked about the late starts, new music, hof, what the fuck did he need to ask Axl about to make it a "productive interview"?

I guess more about new music.

I think more about his feud with Slash, etc...

His feud with Slash is no one's business but his own. No one should expect an answer on that.

Well, I think that's what Eddie Trunk meant.

Yeah he looks so shot in that interview haha. Why is communication with Axl so hard? Is everyone just stepping on egg shells.

I think alot of people are afraid of Axl and about saying something he won't like and him just walking off.

One of the last things Jimmy Kimmel said to Axl was something like thanks I was afraid of talking to you or something to that effect. I could see Jimmy was nervous as were the other two guys from TMS with Axl sitting there.

I wouldn't have been surprised if no one told Axl until after the show making sure he was okay with it and not in a bad mood or something.

I think it was a good interview. yeah, we want to hear Axl's side of the breakup and stuff, but some things Axl said hinting to bad times and how fried he was during the 90's so a breakup was likely to happen.

I think I would want to know more about where Axl's head is now and a direct answer about any chance of new music and how he gets along with the band. Maybe one day, someone will get a very knowledgable interview with Axl, but I think it'll always be on Axl's terms. The man needs to write his own autobiography and maybe we'd find out who Axl Rose really is and where he wants to go? Until then, it's whatever Axl wants goes.