DIVINE FITS’ BRITT DANIEL: AXL ROSE IS ‘THE WORST'

Un42nutzly

Although Britt Daniel is the front man for two acclaimed indie bands, Spoon and his side project the Divine Fits, he’s demonstrated a love of classic rock. Last week, he covered Tom Petty‘s ‘You Got Lucky‘ and he also took a shot at Bruce Springsteen‘s ‘Hungry Heart‘ back in February. But in a new interview, he had some harsh words for Axl Rose.

“I just think that he’s kinda the worst type of rock star out there,” he told Rolling Stone. “Who’s totally self-involved and precious about his own music and won’t put out a record and can’t – you know, all the great people that made that first Guns N’ Roses record what it was can’t stand working with him, or he doesn’t wanna work with them. Racist, and, uh, homophobic. Problems like that.”

Daniel’s quote came when explaining something he said during a Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) back in December. Someone asked if he still hates Axl Rose, to which he simply responded, “He’s a prick.” However, Daniel quickly changed his tune, admitting that Rose seems to have calmed down over the years, and is aware that, if his career had followed the same path as Rose, he wouldn’t be much different.

“He’s chilled out,” Daniel continued. “There was a very obnoxious phase for Axl Rose. I’m sure if I had experienced as much success as he had, I would probably be a third as obnoxious. I’d probably be obnoxious, too. But not that much.”

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/divine-fits-axl-rose/

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This nobody is the same as an anonymous forum member talking shit on Axl.

Who cares?

I am going to have to agree with you. BUt here he is getting his 15 mins for name dropping Axl Rose.

Lol the comments on the link :rofl-lol:

Edited by gunsguy

He doesnt sound like a huge dick. Just a little dick. In his mind he probably thinks hes being fair and open minded. Its amazing how much One in a Million defined Axl.

It's obvious with that statement of his that he doesn't know what the heck he is talking about.

And yet, if he had sang Axl's praises, we'd be getting, "I always liked that guy! Totally underrated". :jerkoff:

Exactly. I don't give a fuck what he says either way, but this dude is a very accomplished musician, and Spoon is a very accomplished band. All these "Who?" comments are a bad look for GNR fans.

And yet, if he had sang Axl's praises, we'd be getting, "I always liked that guy! Totally underrated". :jerkoff:

Exactly. I don't give a fuck what he says either way, but this dude is a very accomplished musician, and Spoon is a very accomplished band. All these "Who?" comments are a bad look for GNR fans.

I've never heard of him but I know what ya mean. Edited by Coma16

Well said

Not really. I've never heard of the guy or his band. So anything he says or does is completely irrelevant to me. To be an "accomplished musician," I would take that as meaning you've had some success and/or fame. I've never heard of him. Has my head been buring in the sand? Am I missing something?

Not really. I've never heard of the guy or his band. So anything he says or does is completely irrelevant to me. To be an "accomplished musician," I would take that as meaning you've had some success and/or fame. I've never heard of him. Has my head been buring in the sand? Am I missing something?

So to be an "accomplished musician" the only criterion is that he has to have relevance to you specifically?

So to be an "accomplished musician" the only criterion is that he has to have relevance to you specifically?

If you're considered accomplished, I'd say you've at least accomplished the task of having the average person to be aware you exist. Whoever made the comment (I forget his name and his band already) hasn't been able to do so yet.