New Buckethead Pikes Discussion

Cosmo

• 2 weeks later...

72 is nice, kinda meandering though.

I really wish he'd focus on polishing his songs instead of just jamming jamming for the most part. I miss his more structured work, songs and albums with a definite beginning, middle, and end. For example, Peppers Ghost, Shadows Between the Sky, Electric Tears etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm probably the biggest B fan around, but moving forward I probably won't be buying everything he releases.

72 is nice, kinda meandering though.

I really wish he'd focus on polishing his songs instead of just jamming jamming for the most part. I miss his more structured work, songs and albums with a definite beginning, middle, and end. For example, Peppers Ghost, Shadows Between the Sky, Electric Tears etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm probably the biggest B fan around, but moving forward I probably won't be buying everything he releases.

There's still a bit of that on Pikes like Aquarium and Backwards Chimney, but it seems like he's moved away from using a generic song structure to give a lot of freestyle and improv. My fav track from the Pikes has to be Faded, and that doesn't even have a big solo break.

That being said, standard edition's out for #66, "Leave the Light On"

http://music.bucketheadpikes.com/album/leave-the-light-on

That being said, standard edition's out for #66, "Leave the Light On"

http://music.bucketheadpikes.com/album/leave-the-light-on

Got excited there, thought you meant the physical copy! (Hope he releases a full set of physical CD's when the Pikes are done)

Had a listen to the first track, not really grabbing me to be honest. Have heard it all before.

Leave The Lights On...fuck me. I urge any Bucket fan to get on that shit. While listening to it I kept thinking to myself: "Damn, I get why Axl tried so hard to convince Bucket to return to Guns. There Was A Time could have been just the beginning".

Edited by Rovim

The man's the definition of No Days Off, releasing 33 albums (16 1/2 hours of music) since the start of the year. I've got a feeling he's aiming for 50 by the end of the year, then..who knows.

Would love another tour soon, haven't seen him since 2012 when he toured as the Frankenstein Brothers with That 1 Guy.

Leave The Lights On...fuck me. I urge any Bucket fan to get on that shit. While listening to it I kept thinking to myself: "Damn, I get why Axl tried so hard to convince Bucket to return to Guns. There Was A Time could have been just the beginning".

Yes, because if he had not left Guns N' Roses, Buckethead by now, also, could be playing other people's hits in Vegas instead of making a plethora of interesting and exciting recordings for his loyal cult following - how, Brian Carroll must rue that decision, to quit Guns N' Roses!

• Like 1

The man's the definition of No Days Off, releasing 33 albums (16 1/2 hours of music) since the start of the year. I've got a feeling he's aiming for 50 by the end of the year, then..who knows.

Would love another tour soon, haven't seen him since 2012 when he toured as the Frankenstein Brothers with That 1 Guy.

If he gets to 50 albums this year..... He'll only have to release 9 next year to complete the Pikes series at 100 :lol:

I wish he'd tour again too. I've only seen him once, also in 2012. It was great, he handed me a Star Wars puzzle.

Yes, because if he had not left Guns N' Roses, Buckethead by now, also, could be playing other people's hits in Vegas instead of making a plethora of interesting and exciting recordings for his loyal cult following - how, Brian Carroll must rue that decision, to quit Guns N' Roses!

No, that's not what I meant at all. I meant if Axl actually released an album every couple of years, played live a lot of the new material he and Bucket came up with, and was as active as most musicians, maybe Bucket would have stayed, and together, there was a chance for them to create even better music.

No need to get so combative.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Bucket and Axl's potential future together is a much more important "what if?" for music than if the original line-up reunited.

The duo had a ton of potential together that got thrown away with all bridges burned because of stupid shit. I'm positive Axl at some point has been listening to some of these Pikes and wondering what could have been.

• Like 2

Bucket and Axl's potential future together is a much more important "what if?" for music than if the original line-up reunited.

The duo had a ton of potential together that got thrown away with all bridges burned because of stupid shit. I'm positive Axl at some point has been listening to some of these Pikes and wondering what could have been.

We didn't even get to hear Bucket play his There Was A Time outro live. :max:

• Like 1

No doubt. Even at this late stage, or especially at this late stage, I wish Axl would just dissolve Guns and go out under his own name just like Robert Plant has done and just do whatever he feels like. Plants music with The Strange Sensation and Alison Krauss has been stunning and musically he just goes where the wind takes him. And that didn't stop the Zep reunion show and it wont stop it in the future if Plant ever feels like it.

Axl could put out a record with Bucket and toured small venues and then every few years, put back together some version of Guns with whoever was available at the time and play a residency in London or Vegas. Best of both worlds.

And he's only gonna get better. Listening to "Leave the Lights On". :headbang:

:lol: