New Buckethead Pikes Discussion

Cosmo

I really love that left panel song. It's almost 20 minutes but it's very beautifully done and doesn't feel like 20 minutes if that makes sense. This is the first thing I've listened to from these pikes as I'm more of a casual Bucket fan. What's some more stuff along these same lines? I know someone said there's a lot of drum machines on these albums but it'd be cool to find out that Brain was on this track or maybe some others in the series.

My phone has a built in music service which allows me to legally download a bunch of different pikes for free. It just seems like a randomly selected bunch of them but I did notice the one that is a tribute to his Mom so I'll probably grab that one. It's called Muve music. I wonder if they pay him per download or if it's just a flat fee for all of his albums that they offer users to download using this service? They have several other albums of his as well like Colma which I downloaded since it seems to be everyone's favorite.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

I really love that left panel song. It's almost 20 minutes but it's very beautifully done and doesn't feel like 20 minutes if that makes sense. This is the first thing I've listened to from these pikes as I'm more of a casual Bucket fan. What's some more stuff along these same lines? I know someone said there's a lot of drum machines on these albums but it'd be cool to find out that Brain was on this track or maybe some others in the series.

My phone has a built in music service which allows me to legally download a bunch of different pikes for free. It just seems like a randomly selected bunch of them but I did notice the one that is a tribute to his Mom so I'll probably grab that one. It's called Muve music. I wonder if they pay him per download or if it's just a flat fee for all of his albums that they offer users to download using this service? They have several other albums of his as well like Colma which I downloaded since it seems to be everyone's favorite.

Check out 'Look Up There' and 'Wishes' :)

As for non-Pikes, Colma and Population Override are always a good place to start.

#113: Herbie Theatre

a1393163047_2.jpg

http://music.bucketheadpikes.com/album/herbie-theatre

Just wondering: what's the advantage for Buckethead in producing so much material? I can't see anyone being able to keep up with everything that he does. I would have thought he'd sell more if produced fewer albums?

He likely has a home studio and loves using it..who knows, his output is definitely insane though

Just wondering: what's the advantage for Buckethead in producing so much material? I can't see anyone being able to keep up with everything that he does. I would have thought he'd sell more if produced fewer albums?

The advantage is he can spend next to zero money on releasing material that way, and it matches his prolific way of creating: he likes to improvise most of his music cause his improvisational skills are on a high enough level that he can do that.

Enough people enjoy his pikes and follow every release. He has his fan base, and it seems to work just fine for him.

Bucket mainly cares about the music and it seems this is the main way he likes to create these days.

• Like 1

The advantage is he can spend next to zero money on releasing material that way, and it matches his prolific way of creating: he likes to improvise most of his music cause his improvisational skills are on a high enough level that he can do that.

Enough people enjoy his pikes and follow every release. He has his fan base, and it seems to work just fine for him.

Bucket mainly cares about the music and it seems this is the main way he likes to create these days.

Just bothersome that it's been over two years since he's made any kind of public appearance, and there's no sign that he'll tour anytime soon..I love his albums, but his live performances are worth every penny to see.

#114: Glow in the Dark

a3338865762_2.jpg

http://music.bucketheadpikes.com/album/glow-in-the-dark

• 2 weeks later...

I like how he produces things that sound different rather just relying on playing the same old chords like another former lead guitarist of GnR.

How about compared to other guitar players in the world?

It isn't a competition, you know that - right? Not everything has to be some weird opportunity for you to bash Slash. It's kind of childish.

This topic is about Buckethead. Has nothing to do with Slash. So why bring him up in a negative way? It's OK dude - really - just because Axl doesn't like Slash doesn't mean that you have to dislike him as well.

• Like 2

I like how he produces things that sound different rather just relying on playing the same old chords like another former lead guitarist of GnR.

How about compared to other guitar players in the world?

It isn't a competition, you know that - right? Not everything has to be some weird opportunity for you to bash Slash. It's kind of childish.

This topic is about Buckethead. Has nothing to do with Slash. So why bring him up in a negative way? It's OK dude - really - just because Axl doesn't like Slash doesn't mean that you have to dislike him as well.

He left the band dude!

I kinda like it when he does the download sales because it's literally the only time I've paid for downloads. I'm of the opinion that if I can't hold the album, why the hell would I pay for it? But his music is good enough that I'll even pay for digital versions. Just grabbed Northern Lights (finally), Herbie Theatre and Creaky Doors and Creaky Floors, and I might get a few more over the weekend. My 'Project Little Man' SDE got here today, too :D

I know what you mean - I'm sure there are many people who "top up" when he does these kinds of things or grab the most recommended pikes, and for some people it is a great idea and an excellent way to share his music to a new audience.

Problem is I bought every physical CD up to #100, then decided to move to downloads at $9 each, so as a true fan I've spent $100's on the Pikes. I try and buy everything as soon as it comes out. These offers only really benefit the "top up" fans.

As much as I absolutely love Bucket, have practically all his music, this is frustrating!