Brand new song from Liam Gallagher's Beady Eye!

Randy Lahey

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

The album leaked for a while it seems, giving it a listen! Loving it! Man, Flick of the Finger is a grower and Second Bite Of The Apple is AWESOME! But other than those, the album is pretty solid so far! Better than the first one, for sure.

Guest Len B'stard

Heard the album, it actually sounds halfway decent but uh, not too sold on some of the lyrics if i'm being honest. Crackin' tunes though it's just um...yeah, lyrics, i dunno. I wonder if it's even possible anymore to write non-corny lyrics anymore. I did like it though.

Edited by sugaraylen

first listen

Flick - awesome opener, let's storm the palace!

Soul Love - great song, brooding, building, nice outro

Face the Crowd - using that Lennon voice, a bit rockier - the record has a really nice sound

Second bite of the Apple - it's pretty interesting, it reminds me of Ian Brown's solo stuff, you can almost see Liam marching on the spot

Soon Come Tomorrow - seems much fresher than the debut, there's a lot more possibilities, nice distorted solo

Iz Rite - this reminds me of something ive heard before, they all seem like really good songs - shoulda called it Say it Again.

I'm Just Saying - bringing back the rock n roll, shine! there's some nice little bits mixed into it here and there

Don't Brother me - this is where I expect it to get dodgy, very Piggies, it's pretty good whatever it's about. epic ending. awesome live!

Shine a Light - no, not that one. If you put shine in the title I'm all ears. This record is becoming an epic. oh the drama. very nice. really using effects well.

Ballroom Figured - Songbird 2. I'm surprised by how good this stuff is.

Start Anew - I like this kind of building epic, always has classic potential. it's hard to say on first listen though.

Dreaming of some Space - keep tripping!

The World's not Set in Stone - back on track, shadowboxing with the universe. nice wig out. they know when to let loose.

Back after the Break - another great track, it's kind of like the credits track

Off at the next exit - has a very on the way home feeling, I don't know why I keep thinking it's better than it has a right to be.

I'm stunned, I think it might be a great record. It's pretty much like the debut in that it's a real record, full scope, but it's a bit more less obvious.